ADVERTISEMENT

How Many People Will Die

I turned down a job with Arthur Anderson out of college. Thank god. My podunk firm with 2800 clients nets me more than any of the partners in a large regional firm that offers to buy me out every summer.
Nice, what’s your firms gross revenue? (don’t answer). I’m sure you do well. Just don’t throw around “I’ve experienced more success/intelligence than you could dream of” like you’re Mark Cuban.

I respect you turning down that 40-45K (at the time?) offer from Anderson before they imploded.

Reactions: stollcpa
No, it's much much bigger than those were. My trailer is an average size for today (for a singlewide). About 750 s/f of living space. Like a decent two bedroom apartment.

My wife’s getting the big house. A bedroom, recliner, big TV, microwave and fridge is all I need. Long over trying to impress people with the “big house” 😂

Nice, what’s your firms gross revenue? (don’t answer). I’m sure you do well. Just don’t throw around “I’ve experienced more success/intelligence than you could dream of” like you’re Mark Cuban.

I respect you turning down that 40-45K (at the time?) offer from Anderson before they imploded.

I am obviously no Mark Cuban, there probably not any other Kelly Grads that are.

CPAs are personally liability irrespective of the legal entity they’re a partner in. I believe most of their Partners all over the country lost a lot. Really wasn’t fair at all.

I apologize for biting at you.

My wife’s getting the big house. A bedroom, recliner, big TV, microwave and fridge is all I need. Long over trying to impress people with the “big house” 😂
If I had a big house my wife would figure out a way to make it feel cramped.

If I had a big house my wife would figure out a way to make it feel cramped.

My wife does the same. Part of reason I left. She needs hoarding counseling. Three rooms packed. Many unopened QVC boxes. 😂

My wife does the same. Part of reason I left. She needs hoarding counseling. Three rooms packed. Many unopened QVC boxes. 😂
Ouch. Mine just has a hard time getting rid of stuff she no longer has any use for. Like all the old pots and pans that she has already replaced with nicer newer ones.

That's not uncommon for a woman in a bad marriage. Not judging or blaming because I know nothing about your situation, just making an observation. Sometimes people give up too quickly on a marriage - sometimes they stay together too long. Lots of pain for all involved in either case.

I don't share your political leanings at all, and I can't relate personally to your situation because I've been in and remain in a great marriage for a long time (40 years this coming May). But I know a lot of people, some very close to me, who had marriages end badly. Some mostly their fault, some mainly their partner's fault, most with fault on both sides. None of them came out unscarred even though many were much better off apart than together. Good luck to you. Hope better days lie ahead.

That's not uncommon for a woman in a bad marriage. Not judging or blaming because I know nothing about your situation, just making an observation. Sometimes people give up too quickly on a marriage - sometimes they stay together too long. Lots of pain for all involved in either case.

I don't share your political leanings at all, and I can't relate personally to your situation because I've been in and remain in a great marriage for a long time (40 years this coming May). But I know a lot of people, some very close to me, who had marriages end badly. Some mostly their fault, some mainly their partner's fault, most with fault on both sides. None of them came out unscarred even though many were much better off apart than together. Good luck to you. Hope better days lie ahead.

Thanks. Plenty of blame to go around. I’ve got my share. August was our 42nd anniversary. Got married between sophomore and junior year at IU.

Thanks. Plenty of blame to go around. I’ve got my share. August was our 42nd anniversary. Got married between sophomore and junior year at IU.
That's tough. Don't let it lead to self-destructive decisions and don't be too proud to let people who love you and can offer help know you're hurting. That happened to a close friend of mine. He pushed people away and went to a dark place for a couple of years. It cost him much of what he had worked 30+ years to build. Fortunately, he regained his footing but it did some serious damage in the process. For some of us who were close to him, there's still some guilt that we let him piss us off and push us away when we should have tried harder to stop his spiral - even if he did everything he could to drive us away. Your life is none of my business but that situation haunts me into worry about people who face the end of a marriage - especially a long one. Be well and don't turn away people who can and want to help you. Resolve to find happiness instead of bitterness.

Sorry you're going through a split, particularly after 4 decades. That's pretty rough, but guessing this didn't come about overnight.

If I'd married @ 20, I'd have already been long divorced, though she was a sweet girl. Later dodged a crazy bullet in my late 20s, that would have made my life pure hell (actually still did, but not as terrible as it could have been). Ended up not getting married until I was 35, to someone I certainty don't deserve. Patience is usually rewarded.

You should retire, travel with your golf buddies, spend winters somewhere warm, and chase some tail for a bit. I've had a few people in my family that had their happiest years ever in retirement aged relationships/ marriages.

Last edited:
because Nancy Pelosi and the House wasted this week on a meaningless impeachment of a President who will be out of office in a week, instead of attending to the nation's business?

Was Covid vaccine roll-out speeded up today? Did the hospitals get less crowded today? Did more ICU's and vents get funded today? Why does she not CARE?

People who applied for unemployment in Kentucky in MARCH are still waiting. Did Nancy help them today? How many suicides is another impeachment worth?

The Czech Republic now has a death rate per million and case rate per million HIGHER THAN THE US! What did Nancy do to help that helpless nation today? She has ABANDONED our allies! You can bet Putin helped them.

Lives matter, until Democrat politics need to be played. Then EVERYTHING can wait.

SHE IS NOT MY SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE.

I hope Joe Biden fires her.

Got news for you brother, this impeachment won't change a thing when it comes to a fanatical, self righteous cult that lives in an alternative reality....there will be more domestic violence.

Count on it.

There are threats in every state right now. Congress stated that buying a bulletproof vest can be written off. There are metal detectors to go into the halls of congress (one of your nut job representatives lost her shit when they wouldn't allow her in with her gun. F#$king psycho).

So I would start deleting your posting history because the next inevitable Trump/Qanon terrorist attack will simply cause for a stronger crackdown.

Remember in 2001 when guys like you wanted to round up American Muslims?

That's going to be you.

Maybe you'll be snatched up off the street and thrown into unmarked cars by a nameless force?

Stay safe Trumper.

Got news for you brother, this impeachment won't change a thing when it comes to a fanatical, self righteous cult that lives in an alternative reality....there will be more domestic violence.

Count on it.

There are threats in every state right now. Congress stated that buying a bulletproof vest can be written off. There are metal detectors to go into the halls of congress (one of your nut job representatives lost her shit when they wouldn't allow her in with her gun. F#$king psycho).

So I would start deleting your posting history because the next inevitable Trump/Qanon terrorist attack will simply cause for a stronger crackdown.

Remember in 2001 when guys like you wanted to round up American Muslims?

That's going to be you.

Maybe you'll be snatched up off the street and thrown into unmarked cars by a nameless force?

Stay safe Trumper.

You must not be familiar with MTIOTF's trolling style.

Sorry you're going through a split, particularly after 4 decades. That's pretty rough, but guessing this didn't come about overnight.

If I'd married @ 20, I'd have already been long divorced, though she was a sweet girl. Later dodged a crazy bullet in my late 20s, that would have made my life pure hell (actually still did, but not as terrible as it could have been). Ended up not getting married until I was 35, to someone I certainty don't deserve. Patience is usually rewarded.

You should retire, travel with your golf buddies, spend winters somewhere warm, and chase some tail for a bit. I've had a few people in my family that had their happiest years ever in retirement aged relationships/ marriages.

Thanks. I stayed married until I got my son through three travel sports, high school, college, new house and marriage June 20th. Selling practice is on my list. It’s not worth much in a podunk town. 😂

That’s the goal. Attorneys don’t work very fast and bill at much higher rate than I do. 😂
That was already baked in.
All situations are different but my experience with people in a situation somewhat similar to yours is that they walk away from the work part to quickly. Don't lose control of that before you are damn sure ready. Good luck Stoll.

You must not be familiar with MTIOTF's trolling style.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

All I do is hold up a mirror for you folks to use.

I live to serve.

Then again, you can lead a horse to a mirror, but you can't make him look, or see.

No truer words. Don’t expect these self righteous folks to see anything. Be careful, they will have AOC working on cancelling you. She will first have to finish grief counseling she’s going through.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I’ve got more intelligence and had more success in life than you could ever dream of.

Many of you guys on here are like the kid hired the year after me at the firm I started with out of IU. He was the number one grad in accounting from U of E. He either had the highest score or top five score on the CPA exam, I don’t remember for sure. Extremely intelligent. He didn’t last at the firm. All his intellect didn’t do him a damn bit of good because one he couldn’t apply his knowledge to solve real business and tax issues and two he couldn’t communicate with clients. He ended up in the back room of a client banging on his calculator all day.

Had the exact same thing with a partner I fired years ago. He was an engineer who went back to IU in his forties and got his accounting degree. He too had one of the highest scores on the CPA exam and could memorize most of the tax code. Almost everyone of my clients I gave to him came back the following year and told me to take care of their account or they were leaving.

Thinking you’re the smartest person in the room doesn’t get you jack shit if you can’t do anything with it but look smart on social media 😂

I’ve belonged to the same golf club for over 15 years. Doc’s, lawyers, business exec’s, and small business owners as far as the eye can see. One thing I know for certain is that they can be as full of shit as the next guy. We are all susceptible to confirmation bias, logical fallacies and the echo chamber. It’s the way we’re built.

because Nancy Pelosi and the House wasted this week on a meaningless impeachment of a President who will be out of office in a week, instead of attending to the nation's business?

Was Covid vaccine roll-out speeded up today? Did the hospitals get less crowded today? Did more ICU's and vents get funded today? Why does she not CARE?

People who applied for unemployment in Kentucky in MARCH are still waiting. Did Nancy help them today? How many suicides is another impeachment worth?

The Czech Republic now has a death rate per million and case rate per million HIGHER THAN THE US! What did Nancy do to help that helpless nation today? She has ABANDONED our allies! You can bet Putin helped them.

Lives matter, until Democrat politics need to be played. Then EVERYTHING can wait.

SHE IS NOT MY SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE.

I hope Joe Biden fires her.

This seems fairly simple to me. The President claimed repeatedly that his loss would mean the election was rigged. But he won in 2016. Having lost the popular vote he still claimed voter fraud, appointed a commission and the commission found nothing. Prior to 2020 he again claimed fraud would be the only thing that could stop his win. He lost and has been claiming fraud, without evidence, since. No court has supported him and no evidence has been presented. Lastly he stirred up a crowd with his baseless claims into a riot that ended with the death of 5 people. And we all know it could have been much worse. If Donald Trump doesn’t deserve impeachment who does?

ADVERTISEMENT