ADVERTISEMENT

How many Cincy fans are showing up?

ce36ei

Senior
Sep 14, 2019
10k? 5k? I know it’s a sellout but I figure a lot of people are coming over from Cincinnati.

I feel like people are overestimating Cincy's fanbase, yes Cincy is close to Bloomington, and yes Cincy is in a great stretch of success, but they are still a GO5 program, I would be shocked if they had more than 5K fans, tbh It will be hard to tell, since they also wear red we won't be able to differentiate between the two fanbases very easily. I'll keep my eyes pealed for them but I don't expect there to be many Cincy fans in the student section lol.

Reactions: iueyedoc99
Cincy actually has a lot of fans and they all have little brother syndrome to OSU. I think the school has 25-30k students. Whatever number there is there, they’ll be extremely annoying.

I feel like people are overestimating Cincy's fanbase, yes Cincy is close to Bloomington, and yes Cincy is in a great stretch of success, but they are still a GO5 program, I would be shocked if they had more than 5K fans, tbh It will be hard to tell, since they also wear red we won't be able to differentiate between the two fanbases very easily. I'll keep my eyes pealed for them but I don't expect there to be many Cincy fans in the student section lol.
I think it will be fairly easy to differentiate the two.

Maybe it is because of the presence of UC, but I always had the impression that the southwest side of Ohio is not as strong for OSU as is the rest of the state. We have been able to recruit players often from that area.

It will be interesting to see.

Ahia brings like 10K which is far more than any other opponent but they are so annoying it seems like more.

I suspect about 5K but won't know until tomorrow.

Packed and ready

10k? 5k? I know it’s a sellout but I figure a lot of people are coming over from Cincinnati.
We sold over 47k for Idaho, I expect the demand will be greater for this game. 2-3k max Cinci fans

They will be wearing black. Just peachy for them on a sunny 88 degree (98 degree heat index) day in a concrete bowl. Bearcats roasted on the half shell!
Go Hoosiers!!!
i bought light-colored shirts due to the warm weather, and made this a discussion point on the Cincy board.

UC has 47,000 students - 39,000 on the main campus.

Will UC fans be annoying? Prolly. Many are in party mode with the conference move and the high ranking.

A lot of interest in this game among Bearcat fans, though I have no idea how many will come. Anecdotal evidence perhaps, but I haven’t seen anyone on the Cincy board who is NOT attending.

Bloomington does not seem equipped for heavy traffic

i bought light-colored shirts due to the warm weather, and made this a discussion point on the Cincy board.

Will UC fans be annoying? Prolly. Many are in party mode with the conference move and the high ranking.

A lot of interest in this game among Bearcat fans, though I have no idea how many will come. Anecdotal evidence perhaps, but I haven’t seen anyone on the Cincy board who is NOT attending.

Still amused by your posting name!

Bloomington will be alright for tomorrow on traffic. I highly recommend you go early. I'll be at wonderful party house rental across from the stadium with a 100 or so IU fans and great parking. You better hope Penix doesn't get his MOJO back tomorrow or we will stomp your a$$. If not, our D will keep it close and the game can go either way. Either way, I wouldn't bet this game with your money. To unpredictable. Go Hoosiers! LEO

Some of your fans were talking about “taking over” the “bell tower lot.” Which if you’re an IU fan, is a major LOL.

Reactions: UncleMark
Still amused by your posting name!
Sadly, after today’s game I’ll have little reason to be here and you’ll have to look at my old posts for delight.

But in the future, I’ll be sure to either find another name or capitalize UC to avoid this uproarious humor.

May the best team win.

Go Bearcats.

I think cincy turnout showed well today.
I think it will be fairly easy to differentiate the two.
Yes, Cincy fans were the happy ones.

Good turnout today by the low budget G5 program’s fans.

Great game!

I think cincy turnout showed well today.

Yes, Cincy fans were the happy ones.

Good turnout today by the low budget G5 program’s fans.

Great game!
Credit to Cincy, they took advantage of mistakes, namely some poor decision making by #9, and were able to rise above the atmosphere but let's be real, after the refs spot the Bearcats 10 points to end the half, killing all the momentum and throwing out our All-American linebacker after an illegal block in the back(7 on the TD, and the field goal I still consider a product of our offense throwing the football, which they never would have done if there were more time on the clock, they would've just slowly run down the clock by running the fb), Indiana lost the game for themselves, Cincinnati didn't win it, sloppy mistakes and poor decision making(3 red zone trips w/o points), led to the Hoosiers giving away a game where they were clearly the superior team for three quarters.

Credit to Cincy, they took advantage of mistakes, namely some poor decision making by #9, and were able to rise above the atmosphere but let's be real, after the refs spot the Bearcats 10 points to end the half, killing all the momentum and throwing out our All-American linebacker after an illegal block in the back(7 on the TD, and the field goal I still consider a product of our offense throwing the football, which they never would have done if there were more time on the clock, they would've just slowly run down the clock by running the fb), Indiana lost the game for themselves, Cincinnati didn't win it, sloppy mistakes and poor decision making(3 red zone trips w/o points), led to the Hoosiers giving away a game where they were clearly the superior team for three quarters.
the way i remember it, there was a uc interception in the end zone, a forced fumble on the four yard line. and outscored iu 38 to 10 after iu scored the first 14. i dunno, seems like iu had difficulty punching it in.. i’m forgetting some other things. you can argue about some calls, but iu certainly let uc take advantage of them. boom! boom! 14-0 almost became 14-14 in no time flat.

This is what iu football does

the way i remember it, there was a uc interception in the end zone, a forced fumble on the four yard line. and outscored iu 38 to 10 after iu scored the first 14. i dunno, seems like iu had difficulty punching it in.. i’m forgetting some other things. you can argue about some calls, but iu certainly let uc take advantage of them. boom! boom! 14-0 almost became 14-14 in no time flat.

This is what iu football does
You came to the wrong chat room if your trying to educate the people here about IU football. IU gave the game away, as I have said, you can't get to the red zone three times and come away with no points, I'll tip my cap to Cincy's D for fighting when their backs are against the wall.

That's everything nice I have to say about Cincy. It was never 14-14 btw, it was 14-10, then 17-14, and you may disagree, and we are both biased, but that targeting call spotted Cincinnati 10 points(I explained earlier why it's 10, not 7) they didn't deserve and threw out an All-American. I am not going to argue about calls, there's a correct call and an incorrect call, that call was incorrect, and frankly take those 10 points off the board, the second half staying the same(which it obviously wouldn't have, because coaches call a 4 point game different than a 14 point game), IU is now up 4 on Cincy with 5 minutes to go in the game, no desperation, just clock management needed and you win the game. You see how ONE CALL can make a huge difference in a game. Don't give me any of this, you can argue about calls nonsense, everyone knows the NCAA rulebook takes targeting too far, both in the scope of what is considered targeting, and the severity of the punishment, ejections are excessive on about 50% of targeting calls.

IU made a ton of mistakes, Cincy's defense made great plays when needed that ended up winning them the game. Everyone on this chat board will tell you that this Indiana offense is just a shitshow, but that doesn't mean IU shouldn't have won the game. They led in yards, ypp, in third down efficiency, heck Cincy's offense had ONE FIRST DOWN until our all american linebacker was ejected, and that was 25 minutes into a 60 minute game, they were dominated for nearly the entire first half. Cincinnati earned a W in the second half, IU earned an L in the second half, but it would have been much more difficult for Cincy and IU to earn their W and L respectively without that call, Cincy fans will marginalize it as they don't understand how important Micah is to our defense(on top of the aforementioned free points), but it was the turning point in the game, and arguably the only reason Cincy got back in it.

You came to the wrong chat room if your trying to educate the people here about IU football. IU gave the game away, as I have said, you can't get to the red zone three times and come away with no points, I'll tip my cap to Cincy's D for fighting when their backs are against the wall.

That's everything nice I have to say about Cincy. It was never 14-14 btw, it was 14-10, then 17-14, and you may disagree, and we are both biased, but that targeting call spotted Cincinnati 10 points(I explained earlier why it's 10, not 7) they didn't deserve and threw out an All-American. I am not going to argue about calls, there's a correct call and an incorrect call, that call was incorrect, and frankly take those 10 points off the board, the second half staying the same(which it obviously wouldn't have, because coaches call a 4 point game different than a 14 point game), IU is now up 4 on Cincy with 5 minutes to go in the game, no desperation, just clock management needed and you win the game. You see how ONE CALL can make a huge difference in a game. Don't give me any of this, you can argue about calls nonsense, everyone knows the NCAA rulebook takes targeting too far, both in the scope of what is considered targeting, and the severity of the punishment, ejections are excessive on about 50% of targeting calls.

IU made a ton of mistakes, Cincy's defense made great plays when needed that ended up winning them the game. Everyone on this chat board will tell you that this Indiana offense is just a shitshow, but that doesn't mean IU shouldn't have won the game. They led in yards, ypp, in third down efficiency, heck Cincy's offense had ONE FIRST DOWN until our all american linebacker was ejected, and that was 25 minutes into a 60 minute game, they were dominated for nearly the entire first half. Cincinnati earned a W in the second half, IU earned an L in the second half, but it would have been much more difficult for Cincy and IU to earn their W and L respectively without that call, Cincy fans will marginalize it as they don't understand how important Micah is to our defense(on top of the aforementioned free points), but it was the turning point in the game, and arguably the only reason Cincy got back in it.
I don’t know if I have ever seen a game that much on one play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT