ADVERTISEMENT

How many can we add 2021

ciggar_man

Benchwarmer
Dec 23, 2009
We have one in 2021 Logan Duncomb need a couple more big and one pt guard like Cool hand Luke or someone else Luke might turn us down! NO LOVE LOL!

We have one in 2021 Logan Duncomb need a couple more big and one pt guard like Cool hand Luke or someone else Luke might turn us down! NO LOVE LOL!

Please stop. You’re bringing unnecessary comments to a someone who by all means is a good kid, but one who is nowhere near good enough to play at this level of competition. Hopefully he lands at a solid mid-major that’s fortunate enough to make the dance, but you’re just inviting trouble.

Please stop. You’re bringing unnecessary comments to a someone who by all means is a good kid, but one who is nowhere near good enough to play at this level of competition. Hopefully he lands at a solid mid-major that’s fortunate enough to make the dance, but you’re just inviting trouble.
Please Benchwarmer sit down my name is trouble man you have your opinion i have mine Geez Coach easy up.

If you can give Priller a scholarship duh why not Luke

I want to give a scholarship to someone who will play. Priller was one of Creans brain fart schollies just like Grant Gelon. That is one reason he is not still IU coach. So I doubt Archie will add someone like that. Look, Luke may be a great shooter but there is more to basketball than just shooting. Sure we could use a shooter but I also want him to be able to guard other teams players and be able to stop the opponents guard he is playing against. I wouldn’t use Priller as an example either. Especially if you are wanting Luke to play for IU. Everyone on this board knows what a miss Priller was.

I want to give a scholarship to someone who will play. Priller was one of Creans brain fart schollies just like Grant Gelon. That is one reason he is not still IU coach. So I doubt Archie will add someone like that. Look, Luke may be a great shooter but there is more to basketball than just shooting. Sure we could use a shooter but I also want him to be able to guard other teams players and be able to stop the opponents guard he is playing against. I wouldn’t use Priller as an example either. Especially if you are wanting Luke to play for IU. Everyone on this board knows what a miss Priller was.
Hey Matt Luke going to play at New Albany next year, i watch Damon Bailey play many moons ago at New Albany might go to this game if i can get a ticket! 3000 pt 90 percent ft 8 assit a game feeding guys like Priller who cant walk and chew gum at the same time time will tell!

If you can give Priller a scholarship duh why not Luke

Your buddy Crean did that. That is why he is gone. Priller, April, Muniru , Jobe, Capo, Gelon... some of the wasted scholarships by Crean. Creaniacs don't want to address that. All of Archies' recruits have been top 145 or better. He will win consistently.

Your buddy Crean did that. That is why he is gone. Priller, April, Muniru , Jobe, Capo, Gelon... some of the wasted scholarships by Crean. Creaniacs don't want to address that. All of Archies' recruits have been top 145 or better. He will win consistently.
The guys did not have 3000 pt between all of them!

So why hasn’t any other power 5 team offered? He is a low major player.
The COV19 my friend they were still in the tourney could have play against some of the better 2A teams a couple ranked in top 10 team in all classes 2a has less kids to choose bigger schools from duh does not mean their inferior it a number game think about it,

The COV19 my friend they were still in the tourney could have play against some of the better 2A teams a couple ranked in top 10 team in all classes 2a has less kids to choose bigger schools from duh does not mean their inferior it a number game think about it,
The tournament has nothing to do with an offer or not. Colleges have seen him.

Reactions: minneman
Hey Matt Luke going to play at New Albany next year, i watch Damon Bailey play many moons ago at New Albany might go to this game if i can get a ticket! 3000 pt 90 percent ft 8 assit a game feeding guys like Priller who cant walk and chew gum at the same time time will tell!

I trust what Archie is doing because I have really liked his recruiting strategy and the players he is bringing in. If Archie feels Luke is good enough for IU I’m all in. If Luke is good enough he WILL get his chance. I am not sure if he is as good as you say he is. He is a 2021 recruit and he doesn’t have any high major offers going into his senior year. Is every coach missing on him or is there a reason he doesn’t have those offers. I am not trying to diminish Luke’s talents at all he can shoot lights out but why have ALL P5 schools passed. Am I missing something here?

I trust what Archie is doing because I have really liked his recruiting strategy and the players he is bringing in. If Archie feels Luke is good enough for IU I’m all in. If Luke is good enough he WILL get his chance. I am not sure if he is as good as you say he is. He is a 2021 recruit and he doesn’t have any high major offers going into his senior year. Is every coach missing on him or is there a reason he doesn’t have those offers. I am not trying to diminish Luke’s talents at all he can shoot lights out but why have ALL P5 schools passed. Am I missing something here?
It's a conspiracy. They all actually realize that he'll be the best player who has ever or will ever live but they're all working on behalf of Michael Jordan and all the other great players to make sure that never happens. Despite the fact that his greatness would win them national championships ever year he plays for them which would in turn gain them millions of dollars more money. If this seems too crazy to be true, that's because it is. He simply isn't as good as some on here think. I think @ciggar_man might be related or connected to him in some way.

I still think we need more size in 2021 class. We seem going into this year and next with only losing Al, we have plenty of help in backcourt. I guess as long as they are making shots. But I trust in Archie to manage the roster. I would like to see Trey and another big to help Logan on the front line. Wait and see what TJD does, than bring in a transfer possibly.

I have no opinion on Luke but I do believe there is a small school bias among some college coaches. I went to a small school and we have had a few D1 recruits but IMO, there were a couple of more kids that didn't get a shot and I think they could have contributed.

I have no opinion on Luke but I do believe there is a small school bias among some college coaches. I went to a small school and we have had a few D1 recruits but IMO, there were a couple of more kids that didn't get a shot and I think they could have contributed.

I get what you're saying, but if you're good enough, you will get noticed. Luke Brown isn't getting offers from major schools because of his schools enrollment. Caleb Furst also in the 2021 class has offers from just about everyone in the country and plays at school with an enrollment that is less than half of Blackford. Same with Eric Hunter. Several years back, Brody Boyd played at Iowa after playing at one of the smallest high schools in Indiana. Problem with Luke Brown is that he simply isn't good enough to play at this level of basketball.

Have not seen Luke Brown play (yet), but by all accounts and film clips he is a basketball junkie that loves the game. I have talked to people from his home town that are amazed by his dedication. Just the type of player Indiana needs... will take a Basketball player over athlete any day.

I have talked to people from his home town that are amazed by his dedication.

Therein lies your problem. People with close ties to Luke Brown and community have inherent bias. They can't see things objectively. I would venture to say 99.9% of basketball recruits are all "junkies" who put in extraordinary amounts of time to getting to this the level of play. Indiana doesn't need to beating out the Cleveland State's, the Lehigh's, and the Akron's of the world for basketball. They need to recruit kids with competent levels of skill and athleticism to compete at this level of basketball. Luke Brown is not one of those kids unfortunately.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Therein lies your problem. People with close ties to Luke Brown and community have inherent bias. They can't see things objectively. I would venture to say 99.9% of basketball recruits are all "junkies" who put in extraordinary amounts of time to getting to this the level of play. Indiana doesn't need to beating out the Cleveland State's, the Lehigh's, and the Akron's of the world for basketball. They need to recruit kids with competent levels of skill and athleticism to compete at this level of basketball. Luke Brown is not one of those kids unfortunately.
Watched Boyd play many times. He stood out even though that Dugger team had 3 D1 type of players. They gave Bloomington North all they wanted the 3 times they played.(North lost 3-4 games in 2 years)Brown is pretty much all that Blackford team has. It’s also very telling that he has very little AAU video if any.

I get what you're saying, but if you're good enough, you will get noticed. Luke Brown isn't getting offers from major schools because of his schools enrollment. Caleb Furst also in the 2021 class has offers from just about everyone in the country and plays at school with an enrollment that is less than half of Blackford. Same with Eric Hunter. Several years back, Brody Boyd played at Iowa after playing at one of the smallest high schools in Indiana. Problem with Luke Brown is that he simply isn't good enough to play at this level of basketball.
Furst is Purdue bound. I don't like it. But it's true. I can't say how good Luke Brown is. I have seen three of his games online. The kid makes you root for him. I compare him to Steph Curry in how when Steph gets on a roll he causes you to go, "Oh wow". Brown made me feel the same way. Lots of fun. I have said before that if he goes mid major I hope he stays in the state like Ball State or Butler.

Since you’re linking to my post on TJD, let me comment:

I’m from New Castle, close enough to see him play. Saw him in the 2019 sectional here at NC; also twice during regular season this year (@ Blue River, Winchester; both wins). Luke is a really good player. Great form on his shot, pretty decent handle. Long range shooter, money at the line.

If strictly a question of shooting, no problem. But his handle hasn’t been tested against long, elite-level athletes - the kind he’d face in the Big 10. Getting his shot off is the same deal, although playing a role like Alford did 37 years ago coming off screens he could get looks (nobody runs that system any more of motion offense).

Biggest issue for Luke is on the defensive end. He’s not a really good athlete, nor at 6-2 does he have the length that other players have at his position. And when are you was recruiting players such is Mohammed or Blake Wesley, you have to prioritize those kids over Luke.

Brown would make a really good player in the MAC. But he has a lot to prove - and a lot to improve on - to garner a high D1 offer.

I know. Still had a plethora of offers from some of the best programs in the country. The size of his school wasn't a deterrent and it's not for Brown either.
This is a side note, but Blackhawk Christian was started either by Dr. David Jeremiah or at least from the church he founded. I never worried about Brown's school size. Did he ever play AAU? I'd like to see how he does against some of that type of competition.

This is a side note, but Blackhawk Christian was started either by Dr. David Jeremiah or at least from the church he founded. I never worried about Brown's school size. Did he ever play AAU? I'd like to see how he does against some of that type of competition.
The AAU question has been answered. I don’t have first hand account or proof but the story is he was struggling and he got pulled before it got ugly. Supposedly happened in California. Somebody please help me with this. Pretty sure this is the reason he has no AAU film or film of him against elite competition. I believe he was going to play on Indiana Elite which would’ve gotten him in better competition. Not sure how true that is. So please don’t crucify me.:eek:

Last edited:
The AAU question has been answered. I don’t have first hand account or proof but the story is he was struggling and he got pulled before it got ugly. Supposedly happened in California. Somebody please help me with this. Pretty sure this is the reason he has no AAU film or film of him against elite competition. I believe he was going to play on Indiana Elite which would’ve gotten him in better competition. Not sure how true that is. So please don’t crucify me.:eek:

He was playing for Indiana Elite and his dad pulled him from the team in Cali.

From what I've gathered, it's been a red flag that some coaches don't want to deal with, fair or not.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
It's a conspiracy. They all actually realize that he'll be the best player who has ever or will ever live but they're all working on behalf of Michael Jordan and all the other great players to make sure that never happens. Despite the fact that his greatness would win them national championships ever year he plays for them which would in turn gain them millions of dollars more money. If this seems too crazy to be true, that's because it is. He simply isn't as good as some on here think. I think @ciggar_man might be related or connected to him in some way.
Hes a type of kid that Indiana high school all about he all way been the smallest player on court when growing up, to short not fast enough on and on the under dog how can you not root for him,never met him, watch him ON Blackfort network,check him out.

ADVERTISEMENT