ADVERTISEMENT

How long can Dolson Wait

benhyoung14

Benchwarmer
Mar 26, 2021
How long can Dolson wait to pull the trigger before we're back to 2008? Half the team is in the transfer portal, and several will likely declare for the draft or graduate. Can we even win 10 next year at this point? I assume Dolson is waiting for Drew, Musselman, or Moser. It wouldn't surprise me if all 3 won today. So, maybe next weekend before a hire is made. Can we wait that long or do pull the trigger on someone like Woodson?

How long can Dolson wait to pull the trigger before we're back to 2008? Half the team is in the transfer portal, and several will likely declare for the draft or graduate. Can we even win 10 next year at this point? I assume Dolson is waiting for Drew, Musselman, or Moser. It wouldn't surprise me if all 3 won today. So, maybe next weekend before a hire is made. Can we wait that long or do pull the trigger on someone like Woodson?
This has to be one of the most unprepared tasks at a search for a new coach. It's like when they let CAM go they had absolutely no back up plan. Marquette knew whom they wanted and went after him. IU is throwing darts and missing badly. IU is losing a lot of valuable time in reaching out to the IU kids going portal and potential recruits in portal are getting snatched up by other teams. MSU just got a good guard. This is becoming a three ring circus. It tells me this AD is not cut out for the job he took. Unpreparedness=failure.

He can wait as long as he f*****g needs to if it means making the right hire. Shit, I’d rather he install an interim coach and make the right hire next year instead of making a desperation or a not-so-sure-of hire this year. We’ve been in the f*****g shit tank for 20 f*****g years, and now fans are losing their shit because we’ve gone two f*****g weeks without a coach. We’ve spent the last four years without a coach as far as I’m concerned and I’m open to arguments that it’s been much longer than that.

This has to be one of the most unprepared tasks at a search for a new coach. It's like when they let CAM go they had absolutely no back up plan. Marquette knew whom they wanted and went after him. IU is throwing darts and missing badly. IU is losing a lot of valuable time in reaching out to the IU kids going portal and potential recruits in portal are getting snatched up by other teams. MSU just got a good guard. This is becoming a three ring circus. It tells me this AD is not cut out for the job he took. Unpreparedness=failure.

On what grounds? You have absolutely no clue who Dolson has talked to or gone after. For all we know the new coach has been hired and it’s just a formality until he’s able to be announced.

Dumb.

He can wait as long as he f*****g needs to if it means making the right hire. Shit, I’d rather he install an interim coach and make the right hire next year instead of making a desperation or a not-so-sure-of hire this year. We’ve been in the f*****g shit tank for 20 f*****g years, and now fans are losing their shit because we’ve gone two f*****g weeks without a coach. We’ve spent the last four years without a coach as far as I’m concerned and I’m open to arguments that it’s been much longer than that.
Honestly, IMO there's only 1 coach that I think could get us competitive without multiple 5-star recruits and hes likely a no.

Till his selection is no longer in the tournament.

Reactions: snarlcakes
When the dust settles we will find that few if any leaked person at all was interviewed. It is simply internet fodder for $$$.

To be honest, I don't care. I'd just appreciate them playing better next year under a good coach. None of these guys are going pro, a few might transfer. I find it interesting that the guys who are in the portal are the better of our players.

To be honest, I don't care. I'd just appreciate them playing better next year under a good coach. None of these guys are going pro, a few might transfer. I find it interesting that the guys who are in the portal are the better of our players.
We have better players?

It will take as long as it takes. Hiring Shaka is not a good plan. There are maybe 3 players I would keep from last year's team.

Reactions: kmathum
as long as it takes.

So, hypothetically, Dolson wants to hire one of those you mention. He should abandon that, abandon hiring a coach making a deep run, because of short-sighted panic? K.

there is absolutely no way you can confirm what you just wrote. RELAX.

I normally don’t like doing this but....you are an idiot

Reactions: Hoosierific
Anyone in the portal doesn’t mean they are leaving. Last count was 1,200 players are in the portal. If we are lucky nobody will want our players.

Reactions: kmathum
Wait to you get your guys. Don’t worry. If a Drew, Musselman, etc are selected these guys of ours in the portal will be coming back. If not, adios. We don’t need them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT