ADVERTISEMENT

How important is knowing up from down?

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
in another thread, @T.M.P. Posted this about me: “Your "up is down, down is up" gaslighting rhetoric is getting transparently stupid.”

Well, no. George Floyd’s death at the hands of white police is time zero for a new era that has turned race relations up side down. Gone, dead and buried is the notion of a color-blind society or judging all people by merit and character. Instead, skin color is what matters. Every corporation, government agency, or other organization will have officers or committees devoted to “diversity, equity and inclusion” in hiring and all that they do. Prisedent Biden has even ordered that all federal hiring must be “racially sensitive” whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

In the wake of this upheaval, we have learned that bar exams, medical specialty certifications, other occupational licensing, where and how we live, our streets and roads, mobility, elections, our food choices and more are all racist. We have even learned that being not a racist is racist.

Top down forcing of diversity equity inclusion is upside down. It’s no secret that minorities have been deprived of quality education. Education is really the key to inclusion, equity and diversity. Education is at the bottom and where we should start. So what is the “anti-racist” fix to improve minority educational quality? To redefine educational quality. Math is racist, English grammar is racist. Classical art and music is racist. School discipline is racist. Timeliness is racist. Even the scientific method has been said to be racist. Instead of educating minorities in law, medicine, business, the arts, humanities or the trades, we will educate them about “anti-racism” and teach about 1619, critical theory as adapted to race, and new ways of how to think about the primacy of race and skin color in a multi-racial society. Every academic discipline to which minorities don’t have full proportional representation is now racist. Meanwhile, all of those, of any race, who continue to be well educated in these disciplines in spite of this upside down thinking will continue to excel and hold important and lucrative jobs. Nothing will be solved and we will be more divided than ever.

All because of the upside down thinking embedded in diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Last edited:
Gone, dead and buried is the notion of a color-blind society or judging all people by merit and character.
Gone, dead and buried is the notion that you can just declare that racism is dead, since we have so many laws on the books against racial discrimination. But equality under the laws, as they are codified in narrow statutes, does NOT get us to a color-blind society, which we are indeed striving for, to value all people on their merits and character.

But go ahead and cling tightly to your white victimhood! Woe is CO.H., the poor oppressed white man who just can never catch a break!

in another thread, @T.M.P. Posted this about me: “Your "up is down, down is up" gaslighting rhetoric is getting transparently stupid.”

Well, no. George Floyd’s death at the hands of white police is time zero for a new era that has turned race relations up side down. Gone, dead and buried is the notion of a color-blind society or judging all people by merit and character. Instead, skin color is what matters. Every corporation, government agency, or other organization will have officers or committees devoted to “diversity, equity and inclusion” in hiring and all that they do. Prisedent Biden has even ordered that all federal hiring must be “racially sensitive” whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

In the wake of this upheaval, we have learned that bar exams, medical specialty certifications, other occupational licensing, where and how we live, our streets and roads, mobility, elections, our food choices and more are all racist. We have even learned that being not a racist is racist.

Top down forcing of diversity equity inclusion is upside down. It’s no secret that minorities have been deprived of quality education. Education is really the key to inclusion, equity and diversity. Education is at the bottom and where we should start. So what is the “anti-racist” fix to improve minority educational quality? To redefine educational quality. Math is racist, English grammar is racist. Classical art and music is racist. School discipline is racist. Timeliness is racist. Even the scientific method has been said to be racist. Instead of educating minorities in law, medicine, business, the arts, humanities or the trades, we will educate them about “anti-racism” and teach about 1619, critical theory as adapted to race, and new ways of how to think about the primacy of race and skin color in a multi-racial society. Every academic discipline to which minorities don’t have full proportional representation is now racist. Meanwhile, all of those, of any race, who continue to be well educated in these disciplines in spite of this upside down thinking will continue to excel and hold important and lucrative jobs. Nothing will be solved and we will be more divided than ever.

All because of the upside down thinking embedded in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
His "your up is down, down is up" comment in the other thread had nothing to do with race. You had just denied saying something (about gay pride events) that you had most certainly said just a few posts earlier.

Why do you feel the need to pontificate every day? Why is everything always about you? Your pomposity is off the charts.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
When I was a pup, racists shot and killed civil rights proponents. Racists lynched black men who allegedly LOOKED at women in the wrong way. Racists fought (physically and legislatively) to keep blacks out of white schools. The majority of white people opposed ALL of that.

This week, according to Scottie Pippen, Phil Jackson is a racist. The proof was wanting white guys (Kukoc and Kerr) to take winning shots at the end of NBA playoff games.

No serious debate on racism can occur in the current environment, where literally every event that occurs to a black person is portrayed and accepted as having occurred “because of” their race. The majority of black people believe Pippen. The majority of white people have stopped listening. The opportunities for more true healing have been wasted.

The greatest threat to this nation is now race-based bigotry by liberal politicians and their sycophants and propaganda receptacles.

No, just about every person, black or white, thinks Scottie Pippen is absolutely f*cking nuts and is incapable of contributing at all to any serious "debate on racism".

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
When I was a pup, racists shot and killed civil rights proponents. Racists lynched black men who allegedly LOOKED at women in the wrong way. Racists fought (physically and legislatively) to keep blacks out of white schools. The majority of white people opposed ALL of that.

This week, according to Scottie Pippen, Phil Jackson is a racist. The proof was wanting white guys (Kukoc and Kerr) to take winning shots at the end of NBA playoff games.

No serious debate on racism can occur in the current environment, where literally every event that occurs to a black person is portrayed and accepted as having occurred “because of” their race. The majority of black people believe Pippen. The majority of white people have stopped listening. The opportunities for more true healing have been wasted.

The greatest threat to this nation is now race-based bigotry by liberal politicians and their sycophants and propaganda receptacles.
Wait until our lovely athletes descend on the Olympics. I love when they cry and pout and turn their back on the flag or replace USA with STATES or ACTIVIST and bemoan their treatment while working on their “brand” and playing countries where women are burned for going to games or only recently even allowed to play at all. The insufferable woke mob. And before any dumbass cries about the term “woke” that word has been featured in the title of articles by countless major publications in the last month.

Last edited:
Nice of you to whitesplain it for everyone…
Show me any media report that supports Pippen for what he said. He is a spoiled rotten me-first pampered diva. Kerr made the shot. Kukoc made the shot.

Because you are the star doesn't mean that every play needs to be run through you. Taking yourself off the court (like Pippen did) because the coach didn't call a clear out for you to go play one on one glory ball for the last shot is as "me-first" an incident as any ever pulled off on the basketball court.

plenty of white knights rushing to prove him right
link?

I haven't scoured the internet, but I did notice Scottie getting SLAMMED this morning on the allegedly "woke" ESPN radio, also CBS Sports, Fox Sports, etc during my drive in to work today.

link?

I haven't scoured the internet, but I did notice Scottie getting SLAMMED this morning on the allegedly "woke" ESPN radio, also CBS Sports, Fox Sports, etc during my drive in to work today.
Give it time. Your naïveté is showing. You have no idea how powerful it is to play the card. It attracts all the grifters and leeches. They’re coming.

They’ll come for you someday.

Wait until our lovely athletes descend on the Olympics. I love when they cry and pout and turn their back on the flag or replace USA with STATES or ACTIVIST and bemoan their treatment while working on their “brand” and playing countries where women are burned for going to games or only recently even allowed to play at all. The insufferable woke mob. And before any dumbass cries about the term “woke” that word has been featured in the title of articles by countless major publications in the last month.
Woke is a buzzword that sells.

you think espn is "allegedly" woke?
I'd say that they are proudly woke. They seemingly are shouting that Pippen is an idiot. They LOVED the digs Durant was making on Twitter.

The woke know that Pippen is a moron.
The unwoke know that Pippen is a moron.

There seems to be general agreement, which was the point. While MTIOTF props him up as some sort of revered spokesperson.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'd say that they are proudly woke. They seemingly are shouting that Pippen is an idiot. They LOVED the digs Durant was making on Twitter.

There seems to be general agreement, which was the point. Whilke MTIOTF props him up as some sort of revered spokesperson.
Right now the grifters are poring over everything Jackson ever said and has done so they can hopefully find one out of context thing to verify 33’s claim. I can’t believe your naïveté. It’s like you haven’t seen this movie before? There are more of these than Fast and Furious sequels.

No, just about every person, black or white, thinks Scottie Pippen is absolutely f*cking nuts and is incapable of contributing at all to any serious "debate on racism".

I hope you are right.

I think you are wrong though.

The anger and emotion of the past 4 years, of Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd (and other events) have overidden "thought."

Sure, folks who take the time to think it out will skewer Pippen. But taking time to think is not what happens anymore.

Same with white folks. IF they'd listen, think, etc, better things might happen. But most have just shut down. Covid and the hate and the violence have turned into "just leave me alone." They tried to help and got hate thrown back at them.

The rest spend their days insulting each other on the internet.

READ THIS BOARD.

Opportunities lost.

Dr. King's dream is dead.

Federal hiring for govt jobs has been racially sensitive for a very long time. OPM has long reported and disclosed the gender/ racial makeup of the federal workforce, which has long been over-represented by blacks and women compared with their total % of the general population since at least the 90s. Biden just throwing out political platitudes that are irrelevant.

Show me any media report that supports Pippen for what he said. He is a spoiled rotten me-first pampered diva. Kerr made the shot. Kukoc made the shot.

Because you are the star doesn't mean that every play needs to be run through you. Taking yourself off the court (like Pippen did) because the coach didn't call a clear out for you to go play one on one glory ball for the last shot is as "me-first" an incident as any ever pulled off on the basketball court.

Never listen to media. They have agendas, wrapped in agendas, hidden in agendas, and overlayed with agendas. They don't tell "the truth" - at best they "report" some of what people say.

@IU_Hickory what's funny? while rapinoe and the like are crying over "unequal pay' and biden's promising to "get it for them" despite a judge dumping their case on sj bc they signed a cba that they so often and conveniently fail to mention. It’ll be a treat watching them whine and complain while they rake in millions of dollars in endorsements for playing a game at the high school level

Last edited:
I am sure that lots of people are scrutinizing every word that Phil wrote in a book or said on an interview, hoping to find a tidbit to grasp. Let's see what Jordan or Bill Cartright or others have to say. The gut reaction seems to me that Pippen is nuts.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I hope you are right.

I think you are wrong though.

The anger and emotion of the past 4 years, of Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd (and other events) have overidden "thought."

Sure, folks who take the time to think it out will skewer Pippen. But taking time to think is not what happens anymore.

Same with white folks. IF they'd listen, think, etc, better things might happen. But most have just shut down. Covid and the hate and the violence have turned into "just leave me alone." They tried to help and got hate thrown back at them.

The rest spend their days insulting each other on the internet.

READ THIS BOARD.

Opportunities lost.

Dr. King's dream is dead.
Don’t forget Gwen Berry she is a real nut job!

The woke know that Berry is a moron.
The unwoke know that Berry is a moron.

There again seems to be general agreement.

This thread shows without a shadow of a doubt, trying to discuss race with Dems is a total waste of time. They have all the wokeness down pat.

Now I’ll wait to be called a racist by these folks.

This type of shit it why Trump picked up black voters and Republicans will continue to.

Reactions: stollcpa

There seems to be general agreement, which was the point. While MTIOTF props him up as some sort of revered spokesperson.
Young black males from 8-18 are persuaded by guys like Scottie Pippen. He has damaged our ability to have a wise conversation about race.

Go watch TV. It’s “your speed.”

I can't speak for others, but I don't think Pippen has a lot of credibility. Hell of a ball player though.
Why would you say that? He’s never been more popular with the youngs given his flattering portrayal in Last Dance.

Pippen is a weirdo but he’s seen as a good guy. He was the most underpaid player in NBA history.

Why would you say that? He’s never been more popular with the youngs given his flattering portrayal in Last Dance.

Pippen is a weirdo but he’s seen as a good guy. He was the most underpaid player in NBA history.
Just my opinion Ranger, and I'm not a huge follower of Pippen. I have no idea what "the youngs" think of him. It just seems like he carries a chip on his shoulder from always being in the shadows of Jordan. More importantly, it really doesn't matter much to me what he thinks. I find it a stretch to think Jackson is a racist given his entire career success as both a player and coach.

Just my opinion Ranger, and I'm not a huge follower of Pippen. I have no idea what "the youngs" think of him. It just seems like he carries a chip on his shoulder from always being in the shadows of Jordan. More importantly, it really doesn't matter much to me what he thinks. I find it a stretch to think Jackson is a racist given his entire career success as both a player and coach.
Well that’s a common sense approach and I applaud it - but it’s terribly naive in today’s dystopia. In the coming days, out of context quotes and anecdotes will arise to besmirch Jackson - who is part of a league built on the backs of African Americans and the system must be racist because it its a system and all systems are racist. And the logo is racist.

Assassinated, in fact. We're generations away from sorting-out our race issue, I'm afraid.
I don’t know about that. We’ve had a black prez and vp in the last decade. I agree racism exists but the generic, amorphous systemic racism and everything is racist is pushing us in the wrong direction. It breeds anger and victims and resentment. I think if we want to be honest about racism we need to pare down our claims to specifics. Crim justice system is racist. Law enforcement is racist. Meaningless bs. Where is it racist? Bonds? Traffic enforcement? Fines? And unless and until we get specific it’s hard to make meaningful changes

ADVERTISEMENT