ADVERTISEMENT

How does IU lose 8 straight overall and 5 straight at home?

4IUfourever

Junior
Oct 22, 2002
Against Purdue? Their rival? This is pathetic. Archie needs to be fired tonight. You can't lose 8 straight to your rival. If anyone is happy with this team, the last 4 years, or Archie as the coach, then you must be ok with mediocrity. How could you not be pissed with this effort? Fire Archie!!!

Against Purdue? Their rival? This is pathetic. Archie needs to be fired tonight. You can't lose 8 straight to your rival. If anyone is happy with this team, the last 4 years, or Archie as the coach, then you must be ok with mediocrity. How could you not be pissed with this effort? Fire Archie!!!

I have a sneaking suspicion IU will be hearing from some big time boosters tomorrow.

Reactions: iulb
AMEN!!!

I have a sneaking suspicion IU will be hearing from some big time boosters tomorrow.

I wish that were true but I doubt it...

archie was a good hire at the time, but it didn’t work out. It may for him somewhere else. They won’t have the balls to admit that and pull the trigger for at least another year if not two...

archie was a good hire at the time, but it didn’t work out. It may for him somewhere else. They won’t have the balls to admit that and pull the trigger for at least another year if not two...

Whether they had the balls to or not, I don’t think they could afford to do what’s so obviously needed. We’re handcuffed to him.

Well, Michigan hasn't beaten OSU in 14 years in football and somehow Harbaugh got an extension. I hope that doesn't give Dolson any ideas

Actually, Michigan has lost 8 straight to OSU. Five of those are on Harbaugh. It would be 6 if they had played this year.

How does IU lose 8 straight overall and 5 straight at home?

Answer: Archie Miller

It’s a guaranteed loss every time.

Sure they will. Or they’ll be getting used to cardboard cut outs in the stands.

• Haha
Reactions: mk23
Well, Michigan hasn't beaten OSU in 14 years in football and somehow Harbaugh got an extension. I hope that doesn't give Dolson any ideas

Harbaugh had nowhere to go. Michigan didn't think it could do better and Harbaugh comparably gets way better recruits than Miller brings to Indiana. With limited options, UM changed his salary to be more incentive laden. The prospect of kids de-commiting was if Harbaugh left was probably scarier than keeping Harbaugh.

Mid-major coaching and recruiting isn't Big10 coaching/recruiting. You only have to be a little better than a lot of crappy teams to win your mid major conference. With talent leaving early nowdays, it's typically haves and have nots while the have nots are saddled with a lot more parity in the masses--we are "have nots" talent sans TJD.

Props to Butler and Gonzaga for competing and being the exception but most of the last 20 national champs and contenders are year after year recruiting powerhouses -- Kansas, UK, Louisville, Duke, UNC, Nova, UConn, etc.

This team looks like a top mid-major program at the moment IMO.

Inferior coaching
Inferior shooting
Players who can't meet the other teams desire / passion
Should I go on?

Reactions: BigMobe
Not recruiting shooters has come home to roost for Archie.
I don't think he can recruit them ... not a lot of elite athletes want to play a gimmick D and an offensive offense ... it's a hard sale. That's what I think it is, was watching Used Cars with Kurt Russell last night to decompress, and there's the scene where he's trying to sell a kid a $hitty bike. This program, between RMK scandal, MD, Sampson scandal, Crean, AM has become the $hitty bike kids need to think about first.

ADVERTISEMENT