ADVERTISEMENT

How can anyone support this?

Time to move on. Archie just can’t build a roster.
How are you at IU and you have zero shooting or front court depth.

Reactions: zibby43
I'll be the first to say. We're in bad shape if Brunk is hurt.
Then there's a problem with the roster..And that is on Archie...
But Brunk is hurt...Its a bigger deal than alot want to admit.

Reactions: tbone6004
I will agree it makes us thin inside and hurt us some tonight. But Brunk’s absence isn’t the reason we can’t hit 3s or free throws. We’re just a shitty shooting team. Our guards sucked again tonight.

If that happens we finish 11-18. CAM can’t survive that unless it comes down to contract dollars. Or if the admin truly doesn’t giveashit
Look at the schedule. I suppose IU could all of a sudden get it rolling and do better. But honestly, what inspires confidence in that happening? We have three legitimate good players. Armaan has stepped forward as being our scoring guard. Check. We have Trayce as a true weapon and Race is playing solid. After that, it's a steep dive. Our guards are truly our achilles heal. If RP and/or AD provides us with a combined 20 points, then we likely win games. But far more often than not, we get what they did tonight. I do not understand why they do not penetrate the lane more. It's baffling. Oh. Shooters. I forgot about shooters. There are none who are good enough to make an opposing team worry about it or game plan for it. So again, I ask the board, take a look at the remaining games. It's unlikely we will be favored in any of them.

@MSU L (3-5)
@Iowa L (3 - 6)
RutgersL (3 - 7)
@Michigan L (3 - 8)
Illinois L (3 - 9)
Iowa L (3 - 10)
@NW W (4 - 10 ....7 game losing skid ends)
OSU L (4 - 11)
Minny W (5 - 11)
MSU W (6 - 11)
@Rutgers L (6 - 12)
Michigan L (6 - 13)
@ Purdue L (6 - 14)

Say they beat Illinois and Rutgers at Home as well. We finish 8 - 12. I think 8 games is our ceiling and our floor is likely 6. Putrid.

We will never make the tournament with this coach. Ever.

We'll make the tournament more years than not but, winning the conference or even a natty is something I can't see now.

He always comes up short for zone reason (no pun intended).

I still remember Robert Johnson comparing Crean and Archie and his point was Crean was always changing things while Archie focuses on his system.

When your a system coach playing against a guy like Painter that knows how to build a specific plan of attack offensively and defensively.....he's going to beat you every time unless you have an insane talent advantaged.

Which we don't have.

When your a system coach playing against a guy like Painter that knows how to build a specific plan of attack offensively and defensively.....he's going to beat you every time unless you have an insane talent advantaged.

Which we don't have.
Or, you know how to adjust as a coach and take away what Painter does: both are very possible. Painter's strength is size and shooting, which you have to do when you don't normally land the blue chips. If you recruit well enough, have enough size, have better and more athletic players, and want to win more, you'll beat Painter a majority of the time: all of this should happen at IU.

Look at the schedule. I suppose IU could all of a sudden get it rolling and do better. But honestly, what inspires confidence in that happening? We have three legitimate good players. Armaan has stepped forward as being our scoring guard. Check. We have Trayce as a true weapon and Race is playing solid. After that, it's a steep dive. Our guards are truly our achilles heal. If RP and/or AD provides us with a combined 20 points, then we likely win games. But far more often than not, we get what they did tonight. I do not understand why they do not penetrate the lane more. It's baffling. Oh. Shooters. I forgot about shooters. There are none who are good enough to make an opposing team worry about it or game plan for it. So again, I ask the board, take a look at the remaining games. It's unlikely we will be favored in any of them.

@MSU L (3-5)
@Iowa L (3 - 6)
RutgersL (3 - 7)
@Michigan L (3 - 8)
Illinois L (3 - 9)
Iowa L (3 - 10)
@NW W (4 - 10 ....7 game losing skid ends)
OSU L (4 - 11)
Minny W (5 - 11)
MSU W (6 - 11)
@Rutgers L (6 - 12)
Michigan L (6 - 13)
@ Purdue L (6 - 14)

Say they beat Illinois and Rutgers at Home as well. We finish 8 - 12. I think 8 games is our ceiling and our floor is likely 6. Putrid.
even at 8-12....we finish a game under .500 (before any B1G tourney). This season is in big trouble. We said all summer that it was sad to consider simply qualifying for the NCAA tourney a success. I don't see any way for that to happen. We are simply not a good shooting team.

Brunk isn’t good enough to make up for our shitty guard play. And he would have zero impact on other teams shooting insane from 3 against us. He would also have zero impact on us not being able to hit open 3s.

We'll make the tournament more years than not but, winning the conference or even a natty is something I can't see now.

He always comes up short for zone reason (no pun intended).

I still remember Robert Johnson comparing Crean and Archie and his point was Crean was always changing things while Archie focuses on his system.

Which we don't have.

NEWSFLASH! That system doesn’t work here!

The evidence says absolutely not. Assuming we made the tourney last year that is 1-3 for making the Big Dance. That’s nowhere close to “more years than not.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT