ADVERTISEMENT

How bout them Boilers--starting to enjoy watching them.

Illinois gets one player tossed and they still win easily at purdue. Illinois recently struggled with Northwestern so they are susceptible to laying a turd like everyone else.

I sure like 14-4, 4-3 better than 10-9, 3-5. I was projecting when purdue would reach double digit losses. They could lose 15 or 16 games this year. Their early SOS won't matter as teams like IU see their SOS rise while picking up more wins.

Archie learned that credit for a more difficult nonconference schedule is lost during the conference schedule. It comes down to wins and what it looks like to have 13 or 14 losses to the selection committee.

Purdue's win vs. Virginia now with very little significance. The Cavs probably not a tournament team.

On the bright side for Purdue, Nojel is finding his offense. That should put him back in the discussion for a first round draft pick.

Illinois gets one player tossed and they still win easily at purdue. Illinois recently struggled with Northwestern so they are susceptible to laying a turd like everyone else.

I sure like 14-4, 4-3 better than 10-9, 3-5. I was projecting when purdue would reach double digit losses. They could lose 15 or 16 games this year. Their early SOS won't matter as teams like IU see their SOS rise while picking up more wins.

Archie learned that credit for a more difficult nonconference schedule is lost during the conference schedule. It comes down to wins and what it looks like to have 13 or 14 losses to the selection committee.

I'm really surprised Purdue isn't better this year.

I think the biggest factor is the poor play of the Wheeler kid. At times last year, he looked like a legit prospect. I expected him to do a lot more. I also thought Sasha & Hunter would be more productive.

I'm really surprised Purdue isn't better this year.

I think the biggest factor is the poor play of the Wheeler kid. At times last year, he looked like a legit prospect. I expected him to do a lot more. I also thought Sasha & Hunter would be more productive.
I'm not surprised. Edwards and Cline at the end of the year made up for a lot of flaws. Proctor had success early, but a one year player from High Point doesn't replace Edwards and how he carried the team in big games.

They have some good pieces. Williams and Hunter will be good. Eastern should play more inside where he can catch and score around the basket. I don't understand why Porkchop redshirted Newman.

I'm not surprised. Edwards and Cline at the end of the year made up for a lot of flaws. Proctor had success early, but a one year player from High Point doesn't replace Edwards and how he carried the team in big games.

They have some good pieces. Williams and Hunter will be good. Eastern should play more inside where he can catch and score around the basket. I don't understand why Porkchop redshirted Newman.

regarding Newman.......I was wondering about that as well. I wonder if his play preseason was very uneven. You look at Franklin this year & he's up and down.....in the 'good old days' he might have red-shirted.

We know that over the years Purdue has had quite a few 6'3"-6'4" SGs that were damn good college players with experience, even though they never made a dent in the NBA. Newman may be another....but the idea of RSing a player that can probably help you in year 1 looks pretty quaint these days.

Reactions: ufo33
Purdue's win vs. Virginia now with very little significance. The Cavs probably not a tournament team.

On the bright side for Purdue, Nojel is finding his offense. That should put him back in the discussion for a first round draft pick.
He gone.

regarding Newman.......I was wondering about that as well. I wonder if his play preseason was very uneven. You look at Franklin this year & he's up and down.....in the 'good old days' he might have red-shirted.

We know that over the years Purdue has had quite a few 6'3"-6'4" SGs that were damn good college players with experience, even though they never made a dent in the NBA. Newman may be another....but the idea of RSing a player that can probably help you in year 1 looks pretty quaint these days.
Unless he probably wouldn’t help you much.

Proctor was supposed to be the shooter this year for PU. Making Newman redshirt.
Now appears to be a mistake by Painter.

Last edited:

If you saw Newman try to play D during our preseason, you'd know exactly why he redshirted.

But overall this team is not what Painter expected this season, and I don't think he's going to figure it out before the end. Whether it's motivation or play-calling or subs or what. The team is just lost.

Of course, just after we get a protected 2-game rivalry is when we get some of the weirdest IU/Purdue teams in years.

Agree Cline bombed 3's against everyone and Edwards was consistently good. Two big loses. I'm still surprised they aren't a little better.

Painters mistake happened when Edwards declared and he didnt immediately call a certain middle aged white guy iu fan with range out to 35 feet to fill his shoes.

If you saw Newman try to play D during our preseason, you'd know exactly why he redshirted.

But overall this team is not what Painter expected this season, and I don't think he's going to figure it out before the end. Whether it's motivation or play-calling or subs or what. The team is just lost.

Of course, just after we get a protected 2-game rivalry is when we get some of the weirdest IU/Purdue teams in years.
Newman would have gotten better as he played this year. I still think he would have helped. I doubt he signed thinking he would sit out. Redshirting in this era means a kid can play somewhere else in their last year.

Painters mistake happened when Edwards declared and he didnt immediately call a certain middle aged white guy iu fan with range out to 35 feet to fill his shoes.
Not sure telling Porkchop to pound sand would have helped him very much.

Even the home zebras couldn't help them enough tonight.
Haarms. What a guy.

Biceps. Quads. Haair. He's the real deal.

3a21243f-ac19-4b3f-b563-f0078564d068-AP19027735106528.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry Hondo
Newman would have gotten better as he played this year. I still think he would have helped. I doubt he signed thinking he would sit out. Redshirting in this era means a kid can play somewhere else in their last year.
It would be funny if Newman gets sick of watching this team lose while sitting out the season at Painter's request, and he transfers out of PU.

It would be funny if Newman gets sick of watching this team lose while sitting out the season at Painter's request, and he transfers out of PU.
Redshirting makes that more complicated, but players are getting waivers more than in the past.

I'd never set foot on that ugly court, plus there's barely 1 gas station with a bathroom between Btown and Lafayette, that be my bigger concern these days :)

ADVERTISEMENT