ADVERTISEMENT

How about dialing down the personal attacks?

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
It is taking a good bit of the enjoyment away from this board. State your football opinion and move on. I enjoy reading the different perspective and insights. And I enjoy the personal stories.

I really don't like reading the sanctimonious posts about other posters. Take it to he water cooler or private mesages. Nobody wants this board to go back to the days that one had to be a program cheerleader to stay in the good graces of the moderators. A little more self policing would be a good thing here.

Agreed. I am not a fan of "anything goes" moderation and personal attacks on posters should be off-limits.

Reactions: Klaus 7196
I don't attack anyone personally, not anymore. That said, we're riding a four game losing streak and tempers/frustrations are naturally going to be in play. It is what it is.

Everybody is frustrated. But let's not drag this board down to the level of our current politics. I come here to get away from that.
Frankly, I tip my hat to most of the people who post here. Despite the fact that mod involvement is limited, the majority of folks are civil and respectful. And, yes, as the other guy suggested, some raw feeling and short fuses are to be expected in light of a once-promising season that has gone into the dumper.

It's fewer than a handful of people you're talking about. I wouldn't make a bigger deal out of it than it is.

It is taking a good bit of the enjoyment away from this board. State your football opinion and move on. I enjoy reading the different perspective and insights. And I enjoy the personal stories.

I really don't like reading the sanctimonious posts about other posters. Take it to he water cooler or private mesages. Nobody wants this board to go back to the days that one had to be a program cheerleader to stay in the good graces of the moderators. A little more self policing would be a good thing here.

I believe I am guilty of this and I apologize to the board. It ain't easy being an Indiana Football fan, for a myriad of reasons. I do hate to see fans pointing fingers at other fans for any of the blame, though.

hopefully you realize many of the posters slamming us, the facilities, the coach, the QB, are trolls and chronic complainers.

and some are here as trojan horses representing other programs.

political boards aren't the only ones that get worked by the other side.

Reactions: 76-1
I believe I am guilty of this and I apologize to the board. It ain't easy being an Indiana Football fan, for a myriad of reasons. I do hate to see fans pointing fingers at other fans for any of the blame, though.
That hat is one size fits all...I've done my share of provoking...but every time I have offered an olive branch at one time or another, there just haven't been many takers. I guess this place is what it is...a steam valve for extreme views and offers a view inside from afar...does it need to be more? I don't know...

A lot of damage was done by the super troll that the mods have worked hard to control. He instilled a nasty culture over the past few years that many of us have stepped in from time to time, he seems gone at least for awhile, so a good time to reestablish civility.

Bump

Reactions: SRIV94
Curious what does Bump mean?

And per personal stuff, I know I’ve been guilty of letting people so down & negative get me flustered as I try be be highly optimistic though very realistic of the actual issues there, not Pollyanna. But I’m sure players & coaches are not trying to lose and working to improve & win, so I err on side of trying to pull for them as they fight thru their schedule.

On that note, will be thrilled if we can win 1 of next 2 to go bowling!

Curious what does Bump mean?

And per personal stuff, I know I’ve been guilty of letting people so down & negative get me flustered as I try be be highly optimistic though very realistic of the actual issues there, not Pollyanna. But I’m sure players & coaches are not trying to lose and working to improve & win, so I err on side of trying to pull for them as they fight thru their schedule.

On that note, will be thrilled if we can win 1 of next 2 to go bowling!

I think the purpose of “bump” is to bring an older post back to the top for people to see/read again. In this case a reminder

Yeah, let's not eat our own young. We are at a crossroad and nobody knows how its going to go so you have a myriad of feelings.

Win or lose it appears that come folks are not content unless they are arguing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT