ADVERTISEMENT

House Intelligence Committee Draft Impeachment Report

I am just not sure why we want to set the precedent that calling foreign governments to ask for investigations into our leaders is acceptable. If it is ok, it is time for Soros to offer a cool billion to anyone with proof Trump has violated laws.

Ukraine was bound by treaty to help with investigations of corruption. Do you think Biden enjoyed immunity? Is Biden above the law? Would it be okay if anyone besides Trump asked for a Biden investigation? Isn’t it possible that an investigation of Biden could serve a dual purpose of rooting out Biden corruption and eliminating him as a candidate? Finally, some claim that Biden did nothing wrong, why do you and others believe that an investigation would have found “dirt”?

Ukraine was bound by treaty to help with investigations of corruption. Do you think Biden enjoyed immunity? Is Biden above the law? Would it be okay if anyone besides Trump asked for a Biden investigation? Isn’t it possible that an investigation of Biden could serve a dual purpose of rooting out Biden corruption and eliminating him as a candidate? Finally, some claim that Biden did nothing wrong, why do you and others believe that an investigation would have found “dirt”?

In that call, how many times did Trump mention corruption? Was it more or less than the 3 times he mentioned Biden? We know the answers to those two questions. If Trump wanted corruption investigated, why did he not ask for corruption to be investigated? Do you believe if there is corruption in Ukraine it exists solely with Biden.

"Cheating on the bar exam needs investigated" is not the same as "John Doe's cheating on the bar exam needs investigated". The latter is not expressing a widespread concern for the integrity of the Bar.

Even Turly has concerns about the charge:

“The use of military aid for a quid pro quo to investigate one’s political opponent, if proven, can be an impeachable offense.”

Oh, and I do not necessarily believe it would have found dirt. That is why witnesses said all we wanted was the announcement of an investigation. Look at Comey's announcement on Clinton. The announcement causes political damage no matter the result.

In that call, how many times did Trump mention corruption? Was it more or less than the 3 times he mentioned Biden? We know the answers to those two questions. If Trump wanted corruption investigated, why did he not ask for corruption to be investigated? Do you believe if there is corruption in Ukraine it exists solely with Biden.

"Cheating on the bar exam needs investigated" is not the same as "John Doe's cheating on the bar exam needs investigated". The latter is not expressing a widespread concern for the integrity of the Bar.

Even Turly has concerns about the charge:

“The use of military aid for a quid pro quo to investigate one’s political opponent, if proven, can be an impeachable offense.”

I agree with your Turley quote. That’s not what happened.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
I agree with your Turley quote. That’s not what happened.

So if the Dems had waited until the September deadline, you would not be here suggesting the Dems should have cone forward earlier and it was their fault?

Presidents should not be making those calls. 44 realized that, our SUPER narcissist-in-Chief has no concept on how to do anything that does not enrich himself.

So if the Dems had waited until the September deadline, you would not be here suggesting the Dems should have cone forward earlier and it was their fault?

Presidents should not be making those calls. 44 realized that, our SUPER narcissist-in-Chief has no concept on how to do anything that does not enrich himself.

Trump is not steeped in the system. Some felt Trump was going out side the system and treading on dangerous ground with his Ukraine conversations. The system worked and military aid was given without conditions. I don’t think we know all there is to know about why or how that happened. Some of the GS15’s who think Trump shouldn’t be messing with their responsibilities got pissed. They found some Democrats in Congress desperate to build an impeachment case and here we are.

Reactions: stollcpa
Trump is not steeped in the system. Some felt Trump was going out side the system and treading on dangerous ground with his Ukraine conversations. The system worked and military aid was given without conditions. I don’t think we know all there is to know about why or how that happened. Some of the GS15’s who think Trump shouldn’t be messing with their responsibilities got pissed. They found some Democrats in Congress desperate to build an impeachment case and here we are.
Deep State!!!

Reactions: hoosboot
The real outrage here is McConnell’s publicly stated plan to coordinate all facets of the impeachment trial with the WH. I’ll wait for the right wingers on here to speak out against US Senators shitting on their Constitutional duties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...mps-corruption/#click=https://t.co/RjKYeRiuK8

Just another reason to stack onto the current pile of reasons as to why democrats should not attempt to work with republicans in any way, shape or form. Democrats should not try to win over republican voters (hint, Ds can’t do it anyways). They are either going to vote republican or just not vote. Even if they claim to not like Trump, at heart they are still homers for their party. They will continue to use and abuse all the power they have while they have it. Trump could lose re-election next November and McConnell, the same guy who refused to hold a hearing for Garland because an election was coming up and we had to wait for the American people to speak, would not waste one second confirming a SC judge if RBG dropped dead the day after Trump lost re-election. They use whatever principles fit their current position, and typically that’s no principles at all.

Last edited:

Earlier before you jumped into deep state, you referenced other checks and balances Congress has. I am curious what you believe they are and name any GOP senators that have expressed any willingness to apply checks?

One check is the House could have refused USMCA. If the House did that, you would have led the charge. The House could refuse to pass a budget, if the House did that you would lead the charge. So what checks and balances are out there to teach presidentstjat calling up a foreign leader and saying, "Hey, we do a lot for you, either launch a criminal investigation against my opponent or else" is WRONG?

For the 100th time, you were apoplectic at almost Obama's every move. I could just imagine if Obama had called a foreign leader and said the above then Holder said that he had no way to investigate foreign affairs.

I suggested a few weeks ago a censure, there is not a Republican that would have supported that. The GOP has circled the wagons, it is Trump uber allies.

An excellent, comprehensive and legally informed analysis not only of impeachment but also a discussion of a myriad of federal criminal offenses that Trump arguably has committed.

An excellent, comprehensive and legally informed analysis not only of impeachment but also a discussion of a myriad of federal criminal offenses that Trump arguably has committed.
I'm happy that Congress did their job and held impeachment hearings and will be impeaching the President but I'm very disappointed that they settled on these two articles. That leaves too much criminal and corrupt behavior on the table. There is all the obstruction of justice during the Mueller investigation and the emoluments violations and more. At least they're doing something instead of nothing.

Reactions: iu_a_att
if an attractive female moves into your trailer park, and you say you’d like to bang her, but she never knows you said that, is she a victim of your threatened sexual assault?
You've gone way off the rails and it's impossible to take your posts seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT