ADVERTISEMENT

House Intelligence Committee Draft Impeachment Report

Your argument is phony. That the impeachment will likely fail does not mean the effort is not sincere. The presentation of evidence and the case is a very significant effort to solicit bipartisan support. Indeed, the case for impeachment should enjoy widespread bipartisan support. The impeachment efforts don't seem to be producing much in the way of partisan advantage for the Democrats in 2020.

This impeachment is:

• Highly contrived in the way the whistle blower blew and how he was handled by Schiff and his staff.
  • Highly dishonest with Schiff's "parody" of the triggering phone call.
  • Highly P.R. managed with the Democrats using focus groups to set language to be used when talking about it.
  • Highly partisan by excluding the GOP from meaningful input into process.
  • Highly insincere given that the impeachment movement began within hours of Trump's inauguration and it never let up.
  • Highly disingenuous given that we are now way down the impeachment road without the House of Representatives ever voting to even consider the issue; the only vote being about process.
This is impeachment in search of a cause. The cause the Democrats settled on is totally inferential.

This impeachment is:

• Highly contrived in the way the whistle blower blew and how he was handled by Schiff and his staff.
  • Highly P.R. managed with the Democrats using focus groups to set language to be used when talking about it.
  • Highly insincere given that the impeachment movement began within hours of Trump's inauguration and it never let up.
  • Highly disingenuous given that we are now way down the impeachment road without the House of Representatives ever voting to even consider the issue; the only vote being about process.
This is impeachment in search of a cause. The cause the Democrats settled on is totally inferential.
All bullshit, all the time.

There is much common ground between populism and fascism. That article suggests the key difference is use of violence.

Trump is a populist. Fascism is brought into the picture to cast a negative light on populism.

Fascism won't come to the USA with jack boots and brown shirts. It will come with the Amazon Smile, the Nike Swoosh, Wall Street, Twitter, Facebook, and various other rent seekers. That is Hillary's and Blumenthal's bailiwick.

Fascism won't come to the USA with jack boots and brown shirts. It will come with the Amazon Smile, the Nike Swoosh, Wall Street, Twitter, Facebook, and various other rent seekers. That is Hillary's and Blumenthal's bailiwick.
Question for the Mods -- Should you reports posts for excessive stoopidity?

LOL. Do you even know what fascism is? Bill Maher does . . . .

"
“Fascism is when corporations become the government.”
Corporations did not elect Mussolini or Hitler. Mussolini was very pro wealthy and was amazed to discover the middle class ate up his beliefs. The middle class wanted to be rich, and wanted to make sure the poor stayed under them in the hierarchy.

This impeachment is:

Bpyh.

Corporations did not elect Mussolini or Hitler. Mussolini was very pro wealthy and was amazed to discover the middle class ate up his beliefs. The middle class wanted to be rich, and wanted to make sure the poor stayed under them in the hierarchy.

Hm. Not sure what your point is here, but I don’t think you’ve refuted the notion that Trump is much more populist than fascist.

Fascism is the elevation of a strongman tribal leader into a position of absolute power. The leader promises to restore the tribe while eliminating the threat from "others".

Hm. Not sure what your point is here, but I don’t think you’ve refuted the notion that Trump is much more populist than fascist.

Trump's policies have been largely to help billionaires like himself, but a lot of middle class love the "screw the others" aspect, just like Benito. Benito was an unabashed nationalist, just like Trump. Similarities abound. Look at Hitler, he hated the cities and extolled the virtues of rural areas. Sound like anyone?

The impeachment is not intended to remove trump. There is no effort to solicit bipartisan support. This impeachment is intended to gain partisan advantage in the 2020 election.
Please explain what appeal you think the Dems could make to "solicit bipartisan support" in the context of impeachment that you claim "is not intended to remove trump."

McConnell has said the Senate won't consider bills originating in the House. Gohmert, Meadows, Collins, Jordan and of course Trump don't give the Democrats credit for anything positive. Do you really think there is an appeal to be made that would gain Republican support for impeachment, censure or even mild criticism of Trump?

What appeal would that be?

I will only remind you all of my earlier warnings about all of this.

Govern yourselves accordingly.

This impeachment is:

Cool. But what about that post I submitted earlier this afternoon that read....

" @CO. Hoosier ....did Donald Trump commit an impeachable offense: yes or no? "

This time, I am adding the caveat that over the next 1 hour and 30 minutes (it is exactly 8:14 pm cst right now, so therefore, by exactly 9:44 pm cst and not a moment later) that if you do not respond to my post that is a direct inquiry to you, and exclusively you, with an answer that is either a "YES" or a "NO", and nary an utterance of a single other word other than one of those two given options, or if you continue to ignore my direct inquiry to you all together.....

Then it means - and not as a matter of speculation, but rather as a matter of fact - that you love, love, LOVE Hillary Clinton, as well as all liberals in general, and that in no way, shape, or form would you protest to being on the receiving end of weekly, perhaps even bi-weekly erogenous fistings from a person of the male persuasion.

T-minus 1 hour, 29 minutes and 59 seconds....

Your move

@CO. Hoosier ....did Donald Trump commit an impeachable offense: yes or no? This time, I am adding the caveat that...if you do not respond to my post that is a direct inquiry to you, and exclusively you, with an answer that is either a "YES" or a "NO", and nary an utterance of a single other word other than one of those two given options, or if you continue to ignore my direct inquiry to you all together....Then it means - and not as a matter of speculation, but rather as a matter of fact - that you love, love, LOVE Hillary Clinton, as well as all liberals in general, and that in no way, shape, or form would you protest to being on the receiving end of weekly, perhaps even bi-weekly, erogenous fistings from a person of the male persuasion...Your move

Sooooooo Hillary, liberals and anywhere between 52 and 104 annual fist-action sessions it is.

It’s nice to see that you’ve finally come to terms and had your...

F**k it
giphy.gif
Moment

Good for you. Pretty liberating, ain’t it?

Last edited:
Whom? The board in general as the post states, but the Dems in particular.
Respectfully, I have looked at your posts back to 2015 and don’t find the referenced warnings to the board. This is one of the few places on the internet where people from across the spectrum more or less civilly exchange ideas about politics. It is worth preserving. I appreciate your efforts toward that end.

Respectfully, I have looked at your posts back to 2015 and don’t find the referenced warnings to the board. This is one of the few places on the internet where people from across the spectrum more or less civilly exchange ideas about politics. It is worth preserving. I appreciate your efforts toward that end.

You are welcome.

This is one of the few places on the internet where people from across the spectrum more or less civilly exchange ideas about politics. It is worth preserving. I appreciate your efforts toward that end.

Are you serious?

Edited: Fix formatting

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HillzHoozier
This is one of the few places on the internet where people from across the spectrum more or less civilly exchange ideas about politics. It is worth preserving. I appreciate your efforts toward that end.

Are you serious?
You always ask me this question. Yes, I am serious.

Is there somewhere else you go on the internet where you find a more civil exchange of ideas between those across the spectrum?

Edited: Fixed formatting

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump is a populist. Fascism is brought into the picture to cast a negative light on populism.

No, they showed up with tiki torches and khaki pants.

Reactions: hoosboot
This impeachment is:

I was hoping your stupidity was gone .... unfortunately your back.

It is a lost cause. It is like trying to have a civilised conversation with a fish.
I'll be honest, I see a bunch of thin skinned liberals in this thread. You might not agree with COH, and I don't always agree with him either, especially when it comes to Trump, but he's not being snarky or impolite to any of you personally. You should respond in kind or move on.

Reactions: Tacoll
I'll be honest, I see a bunch of thin skinned liberals in this thread. You might not agree with COH, and I don't always agree with him either, especially when it comes to Trump, but he's not being snarky or impolite to any of you personally. You should respond in kind or move on.

Tbh you aren't adding to the tenor of the discussion with that statement. You are reflecting the gamification of politics where its about us versus them (tribalistic mentality) -- rather than what are the right choices for the country going forward. Its not good trying to defend something just because you are part of that tribe.

With all due respect Aloha, why aren't you outraged at your party considering what Trump and his lackeys have done? Trump has broken every rule in the book, supported by his lackeys in the GOP and yet .... They have soiled your once great party.

As to COH's responses, it's about the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in that nobody seems to see the same situation remote close to the actual reality. Whether that's blinded through the prism of their political tribes or sources of information. So we are where we are at, its like a chicken talking to a fish.

And as I have mentioned before, this is precisely where someone like Putin wants the country to be. The country is in chaos and will be on the precipice of general decline if not already so, with political inertia and inactions as the consequence.

Last edited:
Tbh you aren't adding to the tenor of the discussion with that statement. You are reflecting the gamification of politics where its about us versus them (tribalistic mentality) -- rather than what are the right choices for the country going forward. Its not good trying to defend something just because you are part of that tribe.

As someone had said earlier, why aren't you outraged by your party considering what Trump and his lackeys have done? Trump has broken every rule in the book, supported by his lackeys in the GOP and yet .... They have soiled your once great party.

As to COH's responses, it's about the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in that nobody seems to see the same situation remote close to the actual reality. Whether that's blinded through the prism of their political tribes or sources of information. So we are where we are at, its like a chicken talking to a fish.

And as I have mentioned before, this is precisely where someone like Putin wants the country to be. The country is in chaos and will be on the precipice of general decline if not already so, with political inertia and inactions as the consequence.
Uh, who says I'm not "outraged" by some of what my current party members have been doing? I've not been trying to defend anything other than I think civility would be nice.

Uh, who says I'm not "outraged" by some of what my current party members have been doing? I've not been trying to defend anything other than I think civility would be nice.

:) So you are the modern-day equivalent of Steven Segal* ..... raging inside, beady eyes and all?

* being a naval officer and not Chuck who was an army guy.

This impeachment is:

You are Highly partisan!

I’ve read this several times and I have no idea what your point is. Pronoun references for the “it’s,” “that’s,” and “their” would help.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT