Hall of Famer
- Aug 29, 2001
This impeachment is:Your argument is phony. That the impeachment will likely fail does not mean the effort is not sincere. The presentation of evidence and the case is a very significant effort to solicit bipartisan support. Indeed, the case for impeachment should enjoy widespread bipartisan support. The impeachment efforts don't seem to be producing much in the way of partisan advantage for the Democrats in 2020.
- Highly contrived in the way the whistle blower blew and how he was handled by Schiff and his staff.
- Highly dishonest with Schiff's "parody" of the triggering phone call.
- Highly P.R. managed with the Democrats using focus groups to set language to be used when talking about it.
- Highly partisan by excluding the GOP from meaningful input into process.
- Highly insincere given that the impeachment movement began within hours of Trump's inauguration and it never let up.
- Highly disingenuous given that we are now way down the impeachment road without the House of Representatives ever voting to even consider the issue; the only vote being about process.