ADVERTISEMENT

Hot Seat

Just read an article ( will try and post the link when done typing).
They ranked the Big ten coaches in order of being on the hot seat. Scott Frost won being #1 and Harbaugh #2. Interestingly CTA was number 5.

https://collegefootballnews.com/202...m-20-for-2020-college-football-topics-no-14/2
I usually like Fiutak's analyses, but this isn't one of his better efforts. For example, he's got Frost #1 on the hot seat, notwithstanding that Frost was recently extended through 2026 and Fiutak himself argues that Frost "isn't going to get canned with another bad run" this season. Harbaugh would appear to be much more at risk.

They ranked the Big ten coaches in order of being on the hot seat. Scott Frost won being #1 and Harbaugh #2. Interestingly CTA was number 5.

https://collegefootballnews.com/202...m-20-for-2020-college-football-topics-no-14/2
I'm sure that CTA stuff is based on the off season, but as usual the media outside the box of IU football is clueless. As for the rest of the article, I'd definitely agree especially Harbaugh. If he fails to beat OSU this season and fail to make the Big Championship, I just can't see him being retained. Frost the same with him. They continue to rake in talent, and he's not been able to do much with it.

I'm sure that CTA stuff is based on the off season, but as usual the media outside the box of IU football is clueless. As for the rest of the article, I'd definitely agree especially Harbaugh. If he fails to beat OSU this season and fail to make the Big Championship, I just can't see him being retained. Frost the same with him. They continue to rake in talent, and he's not been able to do much with it.
Anyone who has CTA on any kind of hot seat is someone to be ridiculed and ignored. If you have to stretch that far to even come up with a list you should just move on to another topic.

My thinking is that these people have staffs. They are assigned to the various conferences and even teams.
This guy needs a new person for the big ten and especially IU.
Several of you should apply.

Did anyone look at the list above him? I mean at this stage of the coaches in the BIG the only hot seat guy is Frost. Nebraska is a known football powerhouse and if anyone should sweat its Frost. I would swap Brohm with Allen, but Allen has yet to breakthrough. By breakthrough I mean beating either psu, michi or osu. For IU to be successful you have to start taking at least one of those 3 down once a year minimum OR you are settling for mediocre.

I do find the Harbaugh situation odd. The guy did well at Stanford, did really well at SF, but not setting the world on fire at michi. Maybe he would be better off in the NFL. There are awesome NFL coaches that suck at college and awesome college coaches who suck in the NFL.

Anyways, the list is not a hit on Allen its just the guys above him are pretty damn secure at this point.

I didn't read the article...I don't think CTA is anywhere near a "hot seat"...in fact, I suspect we're going to see the program take a step forward in the next couple of seasons...and it will be the University on the "hot seat" as CTA becomes the kind of coach that programs want to lure away.

Any article that would have Allen placed that high is poorly researched, plain and simple. Being within a hair of winning 9+ games and appearing in the program's first bowl in Florida, should've earned Allen a spot near Ferentz, IMO.

The school may have to revisit his contract this fall, particularly if they win 8 or more games. The schedule sets up fairly well once past the opener.

Any article that would have Allen placed that high is poorly researched, plain and simple. Being within a hair of winning 9+ games and appearing in the program's first bowl in Florida, should've earned Allen a spot near Ferentz, IMO.

The school may have to revisit his contract this fall, particularly if they win 8 or more games. The schedule sets up fairly well once past the opener.
Garbage in, garbage out.

Did anyone look at the list above him? I mean at this stage of the coaches in the BIG the only hot seat guy is Frost. Nebraska is a known football powerhouse and if anyone should sweat its Frost. I would swap Brohm with Allen, but Allen has yet to breakthrough. By breakthrough I mean beating either psu, michi or osu. For IU to be successful you have to start taking at least one of those 3 down once a year minimum OR you are settling for mediocre.

I do find the Harbaugh situation odd. The guy did well at Stanford, did really well at SF, but not setting the world on fire at michi. Maybe he would be better off in the NFL. There are awesome NFL coaches that suck at college and awesome college coaches who suck in the NFL.

Anyways, the list is not a hit on Allen its just the guys above him are pretty damn secure at this point.

Harbaugh had a much better recruiting base at Stanford.

Harbaugh had a much better recruiting base at Stanford.
His michi classes have been far better than his classes at Stanford. He has had 4 top ten classes and two have been in the top 5 at michi. At Stanford it wasn't anywhere near that level. He really only had the one glory year at Stanford when they went 12-1 in 2010. I mean the only breakthrough that matters for him right now is beating the Bucs and I don't see that happening with Fields returning.

His michi classes have been far better than his classes at Stanford. He has had 4 top ten classes and two have been in the top 5 at michi. At Stanford it wasn't anywhere near that level. He really only had the one glory year at Stanford when they went 12-1 in 2010. I mean the only breakthrough that matters for him right now is beating the Bucs and I don't see that happening with Fields returning.

not debating strength of classes, just strength of recruiting base.

Stanford has a much better base.

that said, having Luck as QB can make a coach look good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT