ADVERTISEMENT

Hosts 4 Game Series with Canisius

If we don't sweep the Golden Peter Griffins, I think we are doomed. Even then, I assume our RPI will continue to fall.

If we don't sweep the Golden Peter Griffins, I think we are doomed. Even then, I assume our RPI will continue to fall.
I agree this is a team we SHOULD be able to sweep, and it would have a negative effect our RPI regardless of this weekend results, but the RPI situation is the least of our worries right now. We are deep enough into the season where the coaching staff needs to figure some things out as far as getting some punch into our offense, and figuring out what the problem is with our pitching staff, especially with our bullpen. Maybe, just maybe, we just plain do not have the talent this year to compete for the B1G championship to include the tournament, and to make the NCAAs. Hopefully, some of our younger pitchers figure things out and help bail us out of what is a disappointing start to the season. This is a pretty simplistic view of things, but I can't think of anything else to say about it.

I agree this is a team we SHOULD be able to sweep, and it would have a negative effect our RPI regardless of this weekend results, but the RPI situation is the least of our worries right now. We are deep enough into the season where the coaching staff needs to figure some things out as far as getting some punch into our offense, and figuring out what the problem is with our pitching staff, especially with our bullpen. Maybe, just maybe, we just plain do not have the talent this year to compete for the B1G championship to include the tournament, and to make the NCAAs. Hopefully, some of our younger pitchers figure things out and help bail us out of what is a disappointing start to the season. This is a pretty simplistic view of things, but I can't think of anything else to say about it.
If this season continues the way it's headed, it'll be a helluva waste of a final season for Milto, Lloyd, Gorski, and Kaletha.

I completely agree the offensive struggles have been mind-numbing and relief pitching has been leaky at best, but I'd be a little more bullish if they could just start making the simple/routine defensive plays.

Reactions: 82IU
Griffins add 1 in the 9th.

Final:
* * R H E
CC 6 10 2
IU 18 18 1

Go Hoosiers!
We sure needed this win no matter the opponent. I got a little bit concerned over the four runs given up in the 4th since we have been done in by innings like that this season, but we got our bats going, and that's a big plus.

Reactions: mk23
Nice sweep. Hard to get 4 no matter how weak the opponent. Time to get serious now and lock in. Some of the same concerns linger, but at least we got some averages back into the respectable range.

Reactions: RBB89 and snowling
Nice sweep. Hard to get 4 no matter how weak the opponent. Time to get serious now and lock in. Some of the same concerns linger, but at least we got some averages back into the respectable range.
Saalfrank had a good game and had 14 Ks. After the weekend's much-needed batting practice, it's on to a midweek game at Indiana St. which is having its best start to a season ever, and is currently 15-1 going into today's game. While their schedule hasn't been a juggernaut, they are currently, as I post this, #3 in the RPI. Just to show the effect of getting a four-game sweep over a bad team, our RPI stands right now at #56, and we dropped 35 spots after the sweep. There are still a lot of results to come in, so it will change before the end of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT