ADVERTISEMENT

Hospitals -Again- Failed to Prepare

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Some boards and directors and staff need to be fired at any hospital that now claims they are again underprepared to provide needed health care in this second round

in 2020, they could say “been 100 years - we got surprised”

This time, they had plenty of knowledge

Discuss.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
Some boards and directors and staff need to be fired at any hospital that now claims they are again underprepared to provide needed health care in this second round

Discuss.
And why havent govs funded, subsidized expansion. Doesn't require a new wing. Tons of innovative options. Few thousand people can "overwhelm" the system and we'll have people okay with locking down tens of millions. It's all so stupid. Our gov officials blow

Discuss.
There are only so many beds and so many doctors and nurses. You can't add capacity in facilities and trained personnel on a dime.

What they weren't prepared for was morons refusing a vaccine and a more robust variant arising simultaneously.

There are only so many beds and so many doctors and nurses. You can't add capacity in facilities and trained personnel on a dime.

What they weren't prepared for was morons refusing a vaccine and a more robust variant arising simultaneously.
There aren't only so many beds and doctors. There's ample opportunity for expansion. Let the gov front it like they did for vaccines. Set em up in tents, warehouses, sheds. Tons of articles on innovations both available and used around the world. No waivers for treatment, no subsidies for care, no indemnification. Bill the patients. Full freight. But punishing the rest of us bc of a couple dozen, yes literally dozen, patients in some counties "overwhelm" the system is stupid. It evinces absolutely zero fwd thinking on the part of gov. Hell we may be battling variants for years. Cannot continue to fall on the same excuses.

Reactions: DANC
There aren't only so many beds and doctors. There's ample opportunity for expansion. Let the gov front it like they did for vaccines. Set em up in tents, warehouses, sheds. Tons of articles on innovations both available and used around the world. No waivers for treatment, no subsidies for care, no indemnification. Bill the patients. Full freight. But punishing the rest of us bc of a couple dozen, yes literally dozen, patients in some counties "overwhelm" the system is stupid. It evinces absolutely zero fwd thinking on the part of gov.
You can't just go pick up a few hundred doctors in front of Mendards and have them climb into the back of your pickup. Expanding the healthcare system is something that requires time. If we weren't in a pandemic, how would you feel about the government constantly paying for doctors we don't need to sit around and wait until we need them? Because that's what we'd have to do. We'd need to set up this excess capacity long before we ever require its use.

There aren't only so many beds and doctors. There's ample opportunity for expansion. Let the gov front it like they did for vaccines. Set em up in tents, warehouses, sheds. Tons of articles on innovations both available and used around the world. No waivers for treatment, no subsidies for care, no indemnification. Bill the patients. Full freight. But punishing the rest of us bc of a couple dozen, yes literally dozen, patients in some counties "overwhelm" the system is stupid. It evinces absolutely zero fwd thinking on the part of gov. Hell we may be battling variants for years. Cannot continue to fall on the same excuses.
You can't get med schools to graduate people fast enough and a lot of nurses have left the profession. They kept claiming they were burning out last year and we did not believe them.

Discuss.
Those who are refusing to get vaccinated who need hospitalized with COVID should be treated in make shift "hospitals" in abandoned warehouses.

That would solve a lot of problems.

You can't just go pick up a few hundred doctors in front of Mendards and have them climb into the back of your pickup. Expanding the healthcare system is something that requires time. If we weren't in a pandemic, how would you feel about the government constantly paying for doctors we don't need to sit around and wait until we need them? Because that's what we'd have to do. We'd need to set up this excess capacity long before we ever require its use.
Here's a good article on it.

You can't get med schools to graduate people fast enough and a lot of nurses have left the profession. They kept claiming they were burning out last year and we did not believe them.

Look at the article I linked under goat's post. Telemedicine. Regional Covid centers. There are innovative options to be more efficient in the use of physical space and manpower.

Having icu capacity be the measure for lockdowns and lack of treatment for non Covid patients is untenable. As Team wrote or at least implied why are we still kicking the same can. With trillions in stim in the offing money certainly isn't an object

Those who are refusing to get vaccinated who need hospitalized with COVID should be treated in make shift "hospitals" in abandoned warehouses.

Per Rachel last night, that's what they're doing in Texas with all the medicos they're enticing to come down. And in the one example, they talked about, half of the temporary facility is dedicated to treament rather than admitting for direct care. They're encouraging anyone with symptoms to come get a regimen of monoclonal antibodies and then sending them home, hoping that will stave off further hospitalizations.

That would solve a lot of problems.
Yes it would. Making that differentiation for these personal liberties, vrs' the ones we don't agree with yet are shoved down our confiscated paychecks throats, will start the civil war. Apparently you don't have your ear to the ground goat... I mean Bloom.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57

Wtf are you talking about? The existing hospitals can't literally hire nurses to staff shifts right now, as-is. That's ignoring the doctor issue posted about already. There has been a doctor shortage for years.... and not something you can make up for in a year. Or even 5 years. Would take a decade to come up with enough new docs, even with a change in policy.

Look at the article I linked under goat's post. Telemedicine. Regional Covid centers. There are innovative options to be more efficient in the use of physical space and manpower.

Having icu capacity be the measure for lockdowns and lack of treatment for non Covid patients is untenable. As Team wrote or at least implied why are we still kicking the same can. With trillions in stim in the offing money certainly isn't an object
I see a lot of talk on space but not much on staff. I do not recall the exact numbers, but it is something like 1 nurse for every standard beds. 1 nurse for every 2 ICU beds and 1 for 1 with intubation. It just takes a lot more staff for ICUs. I don't see how their plan changes that. Believe me, I know the words "death panels" are a lightening rod. That conclusion section of only treating people with the best chances sounds like it will run right into that hornet's nest. You were not here when liberals were pummeled with "death panel" charges.

I think you mentioned people paying full freight to afford improvements, given insurance companies have contracts on what are allowable charges, how can that happen legally? Just curious if there is a way a hospital can tell Anthem, "Sorry, surge pricing, everything is doubled".

Wtf are you talking about? The existing hospitals can't literally hire nurses to staff shifts right now, as-is. That's ignoring the doctor issue posted about already. There has been a doctor shortage for years.... and not something you can make up for in a year. Or even 5 years. Would take a decade to come up with enough new docs, even with a change in policy.
Read the article. It's not adding doctors it's making innovations in treatment - fewer hospital staff treat more patients. Telemedicine etc. centralized Covid facilities

I see a lot of talk on space but not much on staff. I do not recall the exact numbers, but it is something like 1 nurse for every standard beds. 1 nurse for every 2 ICU beds and 1 for 1 with intubation. It just takes a lot more staff for ICUs. I don't see how their plan changes that. Believe me, I know the words "death panels" are a lightening rod. That conclusion section of only treating people with the best chances sounds like it will run right into that hornet's nest. You were not here when liberals were pummeled with "death panel" charges.

I think you mentioned people paying full freight to afford improvements, given insurance companies have contracts on what are allowable charges, how can that happen legally? Just curious if there is a way a hospital can tell Anthem, "Sorry, surge pricing, everything is doubled".
Improvements could be funded by the gov. Care as it relates to contracts would be a different story. And twenty and you are of course right. It's people power. Dearth of docs/nurses. But if there are ways to maximize space to make care more efficient as well as telemedicine etc it ought to be explored and expedited. Physical plant improvements to increase efficiencies etc. and there are ways we can cheat a shortage of doctors. Loosen licensure so they can cross state lines. Let PAs do more. Let nps do more. Loosen regs on telemed. On and on. We aren't getting new docs fast enough. In addition to led school there isn't enough funding/opps for residencies. New ways of doing things has to be explored

No one saw these variants coming. At least the public certainly didn't. Short of death panels care expansion has to be aggressively pursued if icu capacity is going to be the marker for us going fwd

Last edited:
Yes it would. Making that differentiation for these personal liberties, vrs' the ones we don't agree with yet are shoved down our confiscated paychecks throats, will start the civil war. Apparently you don't have your ear to the ground goat... I mean Bloom.

It already happens to Medicaid patients. I guess it's OK when it's a function of money vs. a function of ones own stupidity or stubbornness.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Improvements could be funded by the gov. Care as it relates to contracts would be a different story. And twenty and you are of course right. It's people power. Dearth of docs/nurses. But if there are ways to maximize space to make care more efficient as well as telemedicine etc it ought to be explored and expedited. Physical plant improvements to increase efficiencies etc. and there are ways we can cheat a shortage of doctors. Loosen licensure so they can cross state lines. Let PAs do more. Let nps do more. Loosen regs on telemed. On and on

No one saw these variants coming. At least the public certainly didn't. Short of death panels care expansion has to be aggressively pursued if icu capacity is going to be the marker for us going fwd

A lot of this is great for frontline, it gets a bit harder in ICUs and that is where the biggest problems are. I use an NP, I am not sure I want a family member in an ICU with only NPs. Same for an MD doing telemedicine to an ICU.

Now at the moment, the US has extras because of the travelling medical people. So there is that, but to utilize it we have to limit the number of areas being hammered. Even they cannot be everywhere at the same time. But I will get yelled at by someone for mentioning masks and social distancing in areas trending up but not yet critical. The travelling medical teams will be in Tx and FL and not able to come to an Indiana in 2 weeks

Reactions: mcmurtry66
A lot of this is great for frontline, it gets a bit harder in ICUs and that is where the biggest problems are. I use an NP, I am not sure I want a family member in an ICU with only NPs. Same for an MD doing telemedicine to an ICU.

Now at the moment, the US has extras because of the travelling medical people. So there is that, but to utilize it we have to limit the number of areas being hammered. Even they cannot be everywhere at the same time. But I will get yelled at by someone for mentioning masks and social distancing in areas trending up but not yet critical. The travelling medical teams will be in Tx and FL and not able to come to an Indiana in 2 weeks
Naturally it's not ideal care. There'd have to be informed consent/liability waivers etc. it's triage. But...the status quo isn't working and we're not graduating a shit ton more docs and funding 10,000 new residencies any time soon. We can't have dozens potentially stop the lives of hundreds of thousands in counties - and that's literally what happened last go around

But I will get yelled at by someone for mentioning masks and social distancing in areas trending up but not yet critical. The travelling medical teams will be in Tx and FL and not able to come to an Indiana in 2 weeks
Why do you hate our Freedom?

It already happens to Medicaid patients. I guess it's OK when it's a function of money vs. a function of ones own stupidity or stubbornness.
critical Medicaid patients are shipped to abandoned warehouses. Is that what you are saying? opps yes that is what you already said.

WTF does the hiring around this place?

Outside of this pissin match that I've volunteered to start. WE put a lot of effort towards trying to prolong the inevitable. What we all fight about, is a game that, for the entire 100% of time, only ends with one winner. There is ALWAYS a slow, old, deteriorating wildebeest that the heard positions at the back of the line.
I know this all sounds mean, but it is the truth that we can not ignore.

Bad things happen to good people, everyone of them.. eventually.

Or the moron in the White House and his total incompetence

Reactions: DANC
critical Medicaid patients are shipped to abandoned warehouses. Is that what you are saying? opps yes that is what you already said.

WTF does the hiring around this place?

Outside of this pissin match that I've volunteered to start. WE put a lot of effort towards trying to prolong the inevitable. What we all fight about, is a game that, for the entire 100% of time, only ends with one winner. There is ALWAYS a slow, old, deteriorating wildebeest that the heard positions at the back of the line.
I know this all sounds mean, but it is the truth that we can not ignore.

Bad things happen to good people, everyone of them.. eventually.

They aren't shipped to abandoned warehouses, but they are pushed to medical facilities that are often used as PCP's by those who can't otherwise afford medical attention. Many are OK with that, as long as the waiting rooms and ERs in their community have shorter lines.

If you refuse a vaccine and are hospitalized by that very illness, you shouldn't be taking up space from those with legitimate needs.

Discuss.
Why stop there?

There seem to be plenty of state officeholders and officials other than "boards and directors and staff" of hospitals who may be to blame.

I'm even told there is at least one governor who claims he has authority to demand that hospitals in his state take only the anti-Covid precautions that he personally approves of.

If such a governor contributed to a hospital's lack of preparation or other inability "to provide needed health care in this second round" shouldn't he and his assistants all be fired/impeached to the same extent as any responsible hospital personnel?

It's an affront when the unvaccinated take part of my confiscated paycheck through taxes and insurance premiums to pay for their highly increased, preventable medical bills caused by their own parroted insistence that they have some ill-defined rights to increase their odds of becoming critically ill and then make me pay for curing them.

They aren't shipped to abandoned warehouses, but they are pushed to medical facilities that are often used as PCP's by those who can't otherwise afford medical attention. Many are OK with that, as long as the waiting rooms and ERs in their community have shorter lines.

If you refuse a vaccine and are hospitalized by that very illness, you shouldn't be taking up space from those with legitimate needs.
PCP's. WE all have a given right to emergency care, granted by this society. That is true. NO one is given the right to bankrupt this society to demand a positive resistance to the inevitable. WE ALL are given the right to make our own decisions, as to when we chose to not burden society with our decision to gamble on the end of the line position.
Yet some continue to force us, via shaming, to conform to their (your) belief.
Hard Pass. You do you, I'll do me. You want me to die in an abandoned warehouse (PCP) because I don't have your fear, fine. But it will come, to you and I both. I hope your's is done with harps and angles. You seem to wish for mine to be miserable for your pleasure to fulfill a grievance. I hope you find peace.

PCP's. WE all have a given right to emergency care, granted by this society. That is true. NO one is given the right to bankrupt this society to demand a positive resistance to the inevitable. WE ALL are given the right to make our own decisions, as to when we chose to not burden society with our decision to gamble on the end of the line position.
Yet some continue to force us, via shaming, to conform to their (your) belief.
Hard Pass. You do you, I'll do me. You want me to die in an abandoned warehouse (PCP) because I don't have your fear, fine. But it will come, to you and I both. I hope your's is done with harps and angles. You seem to wish for mine to be miserable for your pleasure to fulfill a grievance. I hope you find peace.

I don't want you to die, and I have no fear. I have a 98 year old grandmother and a 77 year old mother who don't need unvaccinated idiots to get in the way of any treatment they might need in the near future. If it's their health over someone who chooses to not get vaccinated...so be it.

Get vaccinated.

Read the article. It's not adding doctors it's making innovations in treatment - fewer hospital staff treat more patients. Telemedicine etc. centralized Covid facilities
Wha....? Read the article??? Why read the article when their minds are already made up?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Your posts have steadily gotten crazier and crazier.

Then: "Feed a cold, starve a fever."

Now: "Get a covid vaccine or die alone."

New wives tales suck.

Discuss.
I thought you already posted this thread . . . in the "we can't hire anybody to serve you" thread.

Where'd that one go anyway? I need my fajitas recipe back!

Discuss.
They prepared correctly, they told the morons to get vaccinated. Maybe the facebook experts, Qanon and fox news can take some of the blame.

They prepared correctly, they told the morons to get vaccinated. Maybe the facebook experts, Qanon and fox news can take some of the blame.

Tell women how not to get pregnant - and refuse to be prepared to perform abortions - because you told the morons how not to get knocked up.

Tell folks "just say no - and if you turn into a junkie and OD on fentanyl-laced heroin, don't come to the ER - we won't be prepared to treat you because we told you morons not to do drugs and become junkies."

Tell folks "don't eat fried foods and get plenty of exercise - so if you have a heart attack - don't come here. We won't have the medical care or medical supplies you need - we told you morons what to do."
Brilliant.

The hospitals had a duty to be prepared in 2019 and 2020. Pandemics are a known reality and risk. And in 2021 - after millennia of viruses mutating and months of Biden Fauci et al saying this one would too, it was even more foreseeable, Yet ... screw the morons, we don’t need to act like a hospital. And when the tornado hits, or the volcanoes blow, go die - we’re just here to build new cancer treatment wings.

You should go into hospital administration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT