ADVERTISEMENT

Hope we have soccer this fall

If life returns to normal and sports come back by this fall, these Hoosiers should be darn good. Hope Covid-19 doesn’t wipe out fall sports too.

I think we will. we're still five months away - maybe no meaningful preseason, but i bet we're back. hope....

I think we will. we're still five months away - maybe no meaningful preseason, but i bet we're back. hope....
I hope you're right. Yeags has picked up a couple grad transfers in the last few weeks. A guy from out west (Denver?) and a new guy from Pitt.

I hope you're right. Yeags has picked up a couple grad transfers in the last few weeks. A guy from out west (Denver?) and a new guy from Pitt.
That's the first time i've ever thought about grad transfers within the context of soccer. wow.

That's the first time i've ever thought about grad transfers within the context of soccer. wow.
Yeags had a couple grad transfers this past year: Weaver was from Evansville and was our starting right back. Ahlinvi was from FIU, but could never quite get healthy and work his way into the rotation.

Wuss. I was looking for your prediction on the final outcome. :)
Like on IU? oh i have no idea. IU will always be good because there is little competition in the midwest so iu will always pull the best players from pretty fertile ground. and because it's historically probably top five program of all time. the best programs are always on the east and west coasts. how this season will go as it relates to a national championship run is really difficult because so many programs use foreign players that come in like mercenaries and you have no idea how they'll be in any given season. think of gonzaga basketball. now imagine 100 + schools recruiting like gonzaga. that's college soccer.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUXC68
Wuss. I was looking for your prediction on the final outcome. :)
Snowling linked a really good article in the "Spring Schedule" thread that has a long interview with Coach Yeagley and his thoughts on the abbreviated spring season. Reading his comments, it sounds like the 2020 Hoosiers will have plenty of firepower on offense: The 2 leading scorers, Penn and Bezerra, both return and he really talks up Goumballe, another sophomore-to-be forward. There's a few holes to fill in the midfield and back line, but there is plenty of experience returning. I think it will be an excellent team, with College Cup potential, but as McMurtry says, plenty of variables in college soccer.

Reactions: snowling
Snowling linked a really good article in the "Spring Schedule" thread that has a long interview with Coach Yeagley and his thoughts on the abbreviated spring season. Reading his comments, it sounds like the 2020 Hoosiers will have plenty of firepower on offense: The 2 leading scorers, Penn and Bezerra, both return and he really talks up Goumballe, another sophomore-to-be forward. There's a few holes to fill in the midfield and back line, but there is plenty of experience returning. I think it will be an excellent team, with College Cup potential, but as McMurtry says, plenty of variables in college soccer.
You know what. I bet that vote to have a two semester season was postponed. I think it was coming up soon.

Thanks. Very informative. Steve Nowling does a good job generally, but always when it comes to IU soccer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT