ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers Trending For 4-Star QB

Brohm is a P.O.S. The guy turned down his Alma Mater, in his home city, where his family is all located, to stay at a dump like Purdue. I hope he keeps losing. I know I sound like an A-hole here but I’m not apologizing for it.
Sorry, that alone doesn't make him a P.O.S. He might be a P.O.S., but if so, it's not because he stayed at Purdon't. I too wish he'd left, although....it could be good for us & catastrophic for Purdon't if he continues to underwhelm. In order to justify the insane amount of $ they threw at him, they have to win..A LOT, not just 6-6, 7-5. They must begin to be an 8+ win team every year, AT LEAST, in order for his contract not to be a disaster for them. It ain't off to a good start either, i can tell you that.

so how about McCulley and IU's chances.

He's the No. 1 QB on the board for IU, and IU was the 1st P5 school to offer him. He's been on campus multiple times and there's a WR on his HS team, the name escapes me, that IU has also offered. The coaching staff is doing all the right things here. I would say that IU is a slight favorite, but other schools will continue to try to get involved. Winning solves a lot of problems, so if IU has another 8 win or better season, I think he'll be a Hoosier.

He's the No. 1 QB on the board for IU, and IU was the 1st P5 school to offer him. He's been on campus multiple times and there's a WR on his HS team, the name escapes me, that IU has also offered. The coaching staff is doing all the right things here. I would say that IU is a slight favorite, but other schools will continue to try to get involved. Winning solves a lot of problems, so if IU has another 8 win or better season, I think he'll be a Hoosier.

Omar Cooper is the receiver.

He's a 2022 recruit.

I simply responded to a post Des. The fact is you keep repeating the "Yabut" he stayed with the hope that it somehow makes the first part untrue.

We are both stating facts although attendance waned with the season and there was a lot of deep discounting...remember, I get the emails from the AD.

Ok, let’s look ahead. Your best DT is out for the season before game one. Your # 3 QB is injured and never plays and ends up retiring. Scott breaks his jaw in practice before first game and loses 20 pounds and is ineffective the entire year. Penix gets hurt in second game. Your best Lb tears his ACL in practice after game two. Penix and Pilyor get hurt on the same play and are out for the season in game # 4. Tuttle goes down in game eight and your preseason # 4 QB starts the last four games. Of course you have the usual 1 or 2 game losses of a player here and there. Your freshman All American WR plays the last six games with an injury that requires offseason surgery. Do you think you have a winning season? Do you think you sell many tickets down the stretch?

Reactions: Chriselli
Ok, let’s look ahead. Your best DT is out for the season before game one. Your # 3 QB is injured and never plays and ends up retiring. Scott breaks his jaw in practice before first game and loses 20 pounds and is ineffective the entire year. Penix gets hurt in second game. Your best Lb tears his ACL in practice after game two. Penix and Pilyor get hurt on the same play and are out for the season in game # 4. Tuttle goes down in game eight and your preseason # 4 QB starts the last four games. Of course you have the usual 1 or 2 game losses of a player here and there. Your freshman All American WR plays the last six games with an injury that requires offseason surgery. Do you think you have a winning season? Do you think you sell many tickets down the stretch?

#nobodycares
#thisisanIUboard
#crymeariver
#didyouseealltheinjuriesIUhadin2018?

Tuttle is right with Penix in terms of talent. He doesn't have the reps in games and I still believe Penix is the #1 guy, but if Tuttle has to go, his arm is fantastic and the confidence is building. I don't see much of a drop off talent wise. Because we have Tuttle, I am not at all sweating losing Ramsey.
Great news about Tuttle. I have never seen him play.

Purdue fans didn’t feel sorry for us the last few years when a ton of dudes got hurt. They just said Tom Allen couldnt coach.

I guess Jeff Brohm can’t coach.

This has nothing to do with the discussion but ok. How many games did PU lose that they would have won if healthy? BTW IU had a ton of injuries as well...we just sobbed about it a lot less.

Considering we won’t be playing college football come fall, we should table this debate for October and bring it up again then.

I hope so.
Fall with out football will feel way too surreal for me. The March Madness absence is already weird enough.
If a effetive treatment is found - and it's looking like one has been found, based on trials in France - there is no reason to keep up this quarantining. The study was conducted using people in critical condition. Out of 80 patients, 78 recovered, 1 died, and 1 is still in critical condition.

My fear is, even though a treatment is found, the medical 'experts' will still recommend quarantining because, let's face it - it's tough to go against the conventional wisdom.

The initial study indicated the treatment was so effective that the main researcher said that to even have a control group would be inhumane.

And the medicine is available and affodable now. Let's get on with it.

If a effetive treatment is found - and it's looking like one has been found, based on trials in France - there is no reason to keep up this quarantining. The study was conducted using people in critical condition. Out of 80 patients, 78 recovered, 1 died, and 1 is still in critical condition.
Don't get ahead of yourself. The French experiment was far from definitive and has a number of flaws. The biggest problem is that it has yet to be replicated under any kind of controlled conditions. While I'd love to be proven wrong in the long term, at this point there is not any proven effective treatment.

Don't get ahead of yourself. The French experiment was far from definitive and has a number of flaws. The biggest problem is that it has yet to be replicated under any kind of controlled conditions. While I'd love to be proven wrong in the long term, at this point there is not any proven effective treatment.
Hydroxychlorquine is still in short supply. Prophlactic use would outstrip supply for actual sick people with COVID-19

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Hydroxychlorquine is still in short supply. Prophlactic use would outstrip supply for actual sick people with COVID-19
It may be in short supply but if proven effective could production be increased to deal with the demand in short order. The problem right now is finding an effective treatment although it seems they are on the right track.

You say that, and yet this treatment is being recommended for treatment.

There are no known medical negatives for taking this medication, that has been used over decades, in the correct doseage.

At this point, there is no reason to thin this is not an effective treatment.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
So we ramp up production. It doesn't mean it shouldn't be used as a treatment.

Reactions: 76-1
So now we believe the Chinese?

I'll trust the French.
Belief, hope, and trust all have their place. I'm waiting for the science.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start an argument. I just want to point out that while there may be some promise to hydroxychlorquine therapy (along with others), it's a long way away from being able to say an effective treatment has been found.

Belief, hope, and trust all have their place. I'm waiting for the science.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start an argument. I just want to point out that while there may be some promise to hydroxychlorquine therapy (along with others), it's a long way away from being able to say an effective treatment has been found.
If I had a loved one who was in critical condition from the virus, I would have no problem them being treated with this. And I doubt too many others would, either.

In fact, it is being used now. And what's the downside? OK, let's say it's not as effective as some studies say. If there are no other alternatives, what would you do?

No arguement here - just a good discussion.

If I had a loved one who was in critical condition from the virus, I would have no problem them being treated with this. And I doubt too many others would, either.

In fact, it is being used now. And what's the downside? OK, let's say it's not as effective as some studies say. If there are no other alternatives, what would you do?

There's a place for experimental or "compassionate" use of unproven therapies. Historically, they rarely prove to be as effective as people hope. Perhaps this will be different.

In the meantime, it behooves us to follow the proven protocols regarding personal hygiene and travel and distancing/isolation and to understand that a quick, dramatic breakthrough would be an extraordinary event, not something we can count on happening anytime soon.

There's a place for experimental or "compassionate" use of unproven therapies. Historically, they rarely prove to be as effective as people hope. Perhaps this will be different.

In the meantime, it behooves us to follow the proven protocols regarding personal hygiene and travel and distancing/isolation and to understand that a quick, dramatic breakthrough would be an extraordinary event, not something we can count on happening anytime soon.
I think you will be surprised how effective this, and other treatments, will be.

This is my fear - that we have treatments in front of us, ready to use, and we won't use it because not every T is crossed or I dotted. This isn't a normal situation and the normal procedures should be streamlined and conducted with all urgency. This is a treatment proven to be perfectly safe, when taken in the proper dosage - we've had decades of experience in it.

Hydroxychlorquine is a drug that is used with people that have lupus. I have a friend that has to take hydroxychlorquine everyday and now can't find a pharmacy to fill her prescription. She's worried what will happen when her current script runs out what will happen.

My sister has the virus and is in what is called icu which the corona critical unit at Lutheran hospital in Lutheran. She went in there with the virus and the flu, which than has caused her to develop pneumonia and pericarditis. She's not in good shape right now.

I also have a friend that takes hydroxychloroquine for lupus and can't get her script filled now. She's been on this for years and is scared of what will happen if she can't get her script filled when supply runs out.

I don't know what to think at this point, but I'm not sure if depleting a known drug that treats people for a disease like lupus without known results is the answer right now.

My sister has the virus and is in what is called icu which the corona critical unit at Lutheran hospital in Lutheran. She went in there with the virus and the flu, which than has caused her to develop pneumonia and pericarditis. She's not in good shape right now.

I also have a friend that takes hydroxychloroquine for lupus and can't get her script filled now. She's been on this for years and is scared of what will happen if she can't get her script filled when supply runs out.

I don't know what to think at this point, but I'm not sure if depleting a known drug that treats people for a disease like lupus without known results is the answer right now.
Very sorry for your sister and best wishes she completely recovers. I'm sure it's a very trying time for your family.

From what I've read, hydroxychloroquine is easily made and production could be ramped up. This is something the government should be doing, much like they are requiring some companies to produce ventilators.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Very sorry for your sister and best wishes she completely recovers. I'm sure it's a very trying time for your family.

From what I've read, hydroxychloroquine is easily made and production could be ramped up. This is something the government should be doing, much like they are requiring some companies to produce ventilators.

Thank you for that.

It's tough all around. Luckily, she was a healthy 35 year old nurse, but it seems like every day, she just keeps getting worse and worse. We just keep praying that tomorrow will be the day that she turns the corner and starts the road to recovery.

I've said a prayer for your sister and your friend (I figure the Lord knows who you and they are ;))...

Sorry to hear about your sister and the situation your friend is in. I hope companies step up and increase the making of the drug and help many people out. I pray that people effected by this virus are helped and make it through the crisis.

A question for those with medical creds. I suffer from chronic bronchitis. I have found that the only cure for the debilitating and painful hacking cough is a Prednisone blast. Most urgent care and ER’s are reluctant to prescribe it, but is really works quickly and effectively. Would it be of any help with the virus accompanying pneumonia?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Sorry to hear about your sister and the situation your friend is in. I hope companies step up and increase the making of the drug and help many people out. I pray that people effected by this virus are helped and make it through the crisis.
I read today that 3 major drug companies (I don't have the article handy) are gearing up to produce this and should have something like 245 million doses monthly. I may have that number wrong (it may be per week) but it was a huge number.

In addition, the FDA has authorized emergency use of the drug hydrochloroquine and this will allow HHS to move 30 million doses from Sandoz to the Strategic National Stockpile. This means doctors can use it for teenagers and adults, as appropriate.

Unbelievably, 3 governors (Michigan is one) have forbidden pharmacies from distributing the drug for-label uses.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
A question for those with medical creds. I suffer from chronic bronchitis. I have found that the only cure for the debilitating and painful hacking cough is a Prednisone blast. Most urgent care and ER’s are reluctant to prescribe it, but is really works quickly and effectively. Would it be of any help with the virus accompanying pneumonia?

Your question is interesting so I did some searching (which i am sure you have as well). Found more negative than positive but this article was optimistic
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20150810/steroids-may-help-speed-pneumonia-recovery-study-finds
Surely would be a good thing given the availability and low cost of the drugs.

With your bronchitis you be extra careful Des and be well...we need you here to straighten us out from time to time.

I read today that 3 major drug companies (I don't have the article handy) are gearing up to produce this and should have something like 245 million doses monthly. I may have that number wrong (it may be per week) but it was a huge number.

In addition, the FDA has authorized emergency use of the drug hyrochloroquine and this will allow HHS to move 30 million doses from Sandoz to the Strategic National Stockpile. This means doctors can use it for teenagers and adults, as appropriate.

Unbelievably, 3 governors (Michigan is one) have forbidden pharmacies from distributing the drug for-label uses.

You mean "off-label" which is reasonable at this moment.

Your question is interesting so I did some searching (which i am sure you have as well). Found more negative than positive but this article was optimistic
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20150810/steroids-may-help-speed-pneumonia-recovery-study-finds
Surely would be a good thing given the availability and low cost of the drugs.

With your bronchitis you be extra careful Des and be well...we need you here to straighten us out from time to time.

Yes, I am in the high risk category. I do have my sanitation protocol well rehearsed at this point. Thank you most sincerely for your input. We all have a common enemy now and it is a game we must win.

Nice little update on McCulley from the newsstand:

While it’s still early in the 2021 cycle and the state of Indiana’s 2021 class is as strong of a class as any in-state group this century, there are a couple high-priority prospects for Indiana – quarterback Donaven McCulley and defensive lineman Kyran Montgomery. For the purpose of this piece, though, McCulley is the top one, simply because of his position.

It’s been since the Class of 2017 (Hunter Johnson) that Indiana has seen a quarterback as promising as McCulley, with his 6-foot-3, 190-pound frame and strong arm to match. He led his Lawrence North team to its first win over Lawrence Central in more than a decade in 2019 and ended his junior season with a 62-percent passing rate for just under 2,000 yards, 17 touchdowns and no interceptions. He also ran for 563 yards.

Tom Allen, Nick Sheridan and former offensive coordinator Kalen DeBoer were close to McCulley at his earliest stages and have leveraged a strong relationship. Purdue has done the same. Michigan State was getting involved, but the change in personnel has altered the course there. With the COVID-19 outbreak forcing a recruiting dead period, the schools who got in early with McCulley will likely be favored, depending how long the dead period lasts. McCulley was last at Indiana for the Hoosiers’ junior day event on Jan. 29, and the Indiana staff has been in close contact she then as well.

-Taylor Lehman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT