ADVERTISEMENT

Honestly....is anyone surprised?

I am less upset tonight than any other game. I suppose I am numb to it. Tear it down again and start over. It just isn’t working with Archie. Period.

I can’t believe we’re losing this game. And after hanging on for a stunning road victory over perennial basketball powerhouse Nebraska.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.IU and IndyGlen
Yes u are right. Glory days are over and Archie will not be salvation. Myself and others just need to come to this realization

I am less upset tonight than any other game. I suppose I am numb to it. Tear it down again and start over. It just isn’t working with Archie. Period.
The thing that gets me among many is TJD guarding the ball on the out of bounds play and they have scored almost every time because he allows the throw to go under the basket or his man shoots s three.

Even if you get rid of Archie ..
These players aren't winning with any coach ..
Not against the real good teams..
We're so small...
Very evident tonight ..

Reactions: bsmitty08
I actually expected it unfortunately. I really do not understand why so many are suddenly coming to the realization that CAM is not the guy for IU???? The evidence has been there for a few years. Yes I said years!! Any coach that allows the undisciplined play that he has permitted since arriving at IU was enough for me. I could go on and on about the issues I have witnessed that clearly show he will never be a winning coach for us. I won't because it's not helping anyone, I just hope IU does what needs to be done soon. I do think financially we cannot afford to fire CAM.......regrettably. I don't watch anymore I just check the scores...it is easier for me this way.

rewatching the game and Purdue shot out of their ass tonight. 10-14 from 3 at one point with ridiculous makes from Morton, Wheeler, and Ivy. I think we win this game in WestLa next month.

• Haha
Reactions: Brockway
rewatching the game and Purdue shot out of their ass tonight. 10-14 from 3 at one point with ridiculous makes from Morton, Wheeler, and Ivy. I think we win this game in WestLa next month.
Agree they shot out of their ass. Keep in mind, we were up 18 to Nebraska and went down four late in second half only to pull it out late. And oh yeah, we were shooting "out of our ass" and almost lost. Every single time we lose we can probably find anomalies with the other team that led to their win. At the end of the day, we are who are record says we are. In Big Ten play, we are a 3-4 basketball team this year. We are trending to get 6 - 8 wins this season which will put us at 7th to 12th place in the league.

2019 / 2020: 9 - 11 / 10th place
2018 / 2019: 8 - 12 / 9th place
2017 / 2018: 9 - 9 / 7th Place

We can claim the leagues better / stronger / whatever convenient excuse we want to make for our performance this year. But it's like groundhog day every year and every big ten season. Our basketball program is a joke. Say at best we win 8 or 9 games in league play, that's going to be good enough for around 7th place. We have become Nebraska in football. Chasing our success of the past and thinking we are still nationally prominent / relevant, and the fact is, we aren't. Until we begin winning and competing every year to win this league and consistently making the tournament with the debate being how high a seed we get and how deep we go, we need to stare at reality. We are who are record says we are! Assuming a finish of 8 - 12, it's a program that after this season will finish the last 4 years with an overall league record of 34 - 44 with the highest finish being 7th place which was Archie's first season and with yep, you guessed it, Tom Crean's players. Let that marinade for awhile.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
At least TC won 2 B1G titles... and in 2013 league was as good as its ever been. Everyone gives all the credit to Cody, bit somebody recruited & coached him. At times TC ball was infuriating (actually most games) but at least we could score. CAM’s teams are truly unwatchable. It’s time folks. Don’t mention Shaka year 6 either. Our recruiting is in the tank & we’re headed toward a Nebraska/ Penn St level for a few years. It’s about to get REALLY disturbing for those of us who have loved IUBB for decades

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT