ADVERTISEMENT

Hondo, Aloha, Bing...

Sigh, so the IU basketball now follows what other B1G teams are doing? Update the expectations. While IU is updating, they should update the uniforms, put their names on the back (all teams are doing it).

Sigh, so the IU basketball now follows what other B1G teams are doing? Update the expectations. While IU is updating, they should update the uniforms, put their names on the back (all teams are doing it).

Love how some of you pretend to have just fallen to earth with the bold expectations talk. Lol. Those of us who have been here awhile will be happy with something more incremental. Just get there.

Love how some of you pretend to have just fallen to earth with the bold expectations talk. Lol. Those of us who have been here awhile will be happy with something more incremental. Just get there.
Have you been here a while? or just since miller.... i have been here since the 90s. many folks earlier. never would i have thought our expectations for a program so richly funded would fall so low. if what we're getting from miller doesn't vastly improve by season's end he should be fired and we should take the $900,000 we spend on recruiting and the $1.5 mil he's over paid and hire someone else who will be average for half the price and give the money to the physics dept. I'm sure fife would do it for half this money. He's making $300k and change now. i guarantee the results wouldn't be worse than what we've seen with miller. Your blind defense of miller is just that, blind. And unlike our prior coaches, under miller, our favorite tagline, "help is on the way" isn't true. help is not on the way with his marginal recruiting. not one sharp shooter on the way for what will be year 4 of this nonsense.

Last edited:
Have you been here a while? or just since miller.... i have been here since the 90s. many folks earlier. never would i have thought our expectations for a program so richly funded would fall so low. if what we're getting from miller doesn't vastly improve by season's end he should be fired and we should take the $900,000 we spend on recruiting and the $1.5 mil he's over paid and hire someone else who will be average for half the price and give the money to the physics dept. I'm sure fife would do it for half this money. He's making $300k and change now. i guarantee the results wouldn't be worse than what we've seen with miller. Your blind defense of miller is just that, blind. And unlike our prior coaches, under miller, our favorite tagline, "help is on the way" isn't true. help is not on the way with his marginal recruiting. not one sharp shooter on the way for what will be year 4 of this nonsense.
You sound like someone with low expectations. Some of us have very high expectations. We expect our coach to have the time to take us where we want to go.

You sound like someone with low expectations. Some of us have very high expectations. We expect our coach to have the time to take us where we want to go.
Barcelona, the largest sports club in the world, fired their coach after two years this week. They are in first place in the league and qualified for champions league. Because the play wasn't befitting the standards the fans and board expect. That's expectations and standards. Under knight missing the tournament was the rarest of anomalies. now making the tournament has become the expectation, while still spending more money than any other program on recruiting, and being deemed one of the three most valuable programs in the country.

if you view guys literally jogging back on defense, giving half ass effort, getting blown out of games against schools that are far from blue bloods, and padding our schedule with cupcakes "high expectations," you have a much different definition of high expectations than most. but i get it. it's a rebuild. it can take a decade to find five guys in the state of indiana who can shoot a basketball and oh, i don't know, try.... if we had a top 5 recruiting class coming in with a bunch of 5 stars sprinkled with dead-eye shooters an argument could be made that we are progressing. you watch a game like last night where we suffer the same afflictions we suffered from in year one and you are completely blind if you think things are trending upward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanagh
Barcelona, the largest sports club in the world, fired their coach after two years this week. They are in first place in the league and qualified for champions league. Because the play wasn't befitting the standards the fans and board expect. That's expectations and standards. Under knight missing the tournament was the rarest of anomalies. now making the tournament has become the expectation, while still spending more money than any other program on recruiting, and being deemed one of the three most valuable programs in the country. if you view guys literally jogging back on defense, giving half ass effort, getting blown out of games against schools that are far from blue bloods, and padding our schedule with cupcakes "high expectations," you have a much different definition of high expectations than most. but i get it. it's a rebuild. it can take a decade to find five guys in the state of indiana who can shoot a basketball and oh, i don't know, try.... if we had a top 5 recruiting class coming in with a bunch of 5 stars sprinkled with dead-eye shooters an argument could be made that we are progressing. you watch a game like last night where we suffer the same afflictions we suffered from in year one and you are completely blind if you think things are trending upward.
What is your solution? I mean besides bitching about it on a message board. Like today, what would you do about it starting today?

Reactions: MrBing
Barcelona, the largest sports club in the world, fired their coach after two years this week. They are in first place in the league and qualified for champions league. Because the play wasn't befitting the standards the fans and board expect. That's expectations and standards. Under knight missing the tournament was the rarest of anomalies. now making the tournament has become the expectation, while still spending more money than any other program on recruiting, and being deemed one of the three most valuable programs in the country. if you view guys literally jogging back on defense, giving half ass effort, getting blown out of games against schools that are far from blue bloods, and padding our schedule with cupcakes "high expectations," you have a much different definition of high expectations than most. but i get it. it's a rebuild. it can take a decade to find five guys in the state of indiana who can shoot a basketball and oh, i don't know, try....

That is not why they fired him. He was fired for the complete and utter collapse they had in the 2nd legs of the Champion's League the last 2 seasons. Both times they had a 3 goal advantage heading into the 2nd leg, and they lost both of those ties to Roma and Liverpool respectively. Also, they spent a TON of money on Coutinho and Dembele and both of them have been busts under his watch. Coutinho is at Bayern now and Dembele would've been sold this January, but Suarez is out for months with a knee injury and now he's needed. He had very specific failures and was on the hot seat because of them. It's not that their overall play is that poor, because as you pointed out, they're 1st in their league and also in the knockout rounds of CL. He beats either Roma or Liverpool and gets to a CL final and he still has a job.

That is not why they fired him. He was fired for the complete and utter collapse they had in the 2nd legs of the Champion's League the last 2 seasons. Both times they had a 3 goal advantage heading into the 2nd leg, and they lost both of those ties to Roma and Liverpool respectively. Also, they spent a TON of money on Coutinho and Dembele and both of them have been busts under his watch. Coutinho is at Bayern now and Dembele would've been sold this January, but Suarez is out for months with a knee injury and now he's needed. He had very specific failures and was on the hot seat because of them. It's not that their overall play is that poor, because as you pointed out, they're 1st in their league and also in the knockout rounds of CL. He beats either Roma or Liverpool and gets to a CL final and he still has a job.
Good post, but it is also that their overall play is poor. they are in first place in league and knock out for champions. that they haven't integrated griezmann and that the fans are pissed because they don't play like they did when they filled the lineup with academy players (ala pep) is absolutely a significant part of why he was canned and why they went after xavi. more than a club. you win, but you win by playing the right way. valverde wasn't doing the latter.

What is your solution? I mean besides bitching about it on a message board. Like today, what would you do about it starting today?
I wouldn't sugar coat and say bs like it's a major rebuild etc. i would say that three years is enough time to show demonstrative progress including, but not limited to, making the tournament (and a major uptick in recruiting). failure to do so in march can him. he has a duty to mitigate his damages. no chance we have a huge buy out in practice. then try someone else, or i'm not kidding if the administration isn't devoted to hoops like in the past hire a fife type for half the money.

there is a faith and belief in miller that belies what we've seen for almost three years. he isn't some salty old coach with a massive presence and two national championships in his pocket. he's a young coach who looks in over his head and isn't pulling in a ton of top recruits because of his presence and history when he walks into a parents' home. three years is enough time to either win on the court or win in recruiting. he's done neither. time to move on for year 4 and try someone new or save some $.

Last edited:
Good defense and good rebounding kept IU within striking distance. Horrendous shooting resulted in a loss. In to Nebraska. It’s a tough league and no Big Ten team is winning much on the road.
Archie’s never had a good shooting team go review the FACTS for yourself.

If your expectations are for IU to become a great shooting team you are going to b very disappointed with Archie, he’ll win games with improved defense but if you expect IU to shoot lights out like 2002 team it just ain’t gonna happen.

I wouldn't sugar coat and say bs like it's a major rebuild etc. i would say that three years is enough time to show demonstrative progress including, but not limited to, making the tournament (and a major uptick in recruiting). failure to do so in march can him. he has a duty to mitigate his damages. no chance we have a huge buy out in practice. then try someone else, or i'm not kidding if the administration isn't devoted to hoops like in the past hire a fife type for half the money.
I didn’t ask what you would “say”. I asked “what would you do today?”
Minus the financial aspect and IF there is a coaching upgrade available if Miller doesn’t make the tournament I would support cutting him loose. However, those are two big “ifs”.

So, as a fan with NO control over the program you can hope for the best, try to enjoy the season or incessantly bitch about something that can’t change right now.

I choose to evaluate at the end of the season and hope this team finds its way. Many “Pro” Archie fans are not pleased with his performance, but there is hope for a good season. If not, let’s see who is available to be our next coach.

Minus the financial aspect and IF there is a coaching upgrade available if Miller doesn’t make the tournament I would support cutting him loose. However, those are two big “ifs”.

So, as a fan with NO control over the program you can hope for the best, try to enjoy the season or incessantly bitch about something that can’t change right now.

I choose to evaluate at the end of the season and hope this team finds its way. Many “Pro” Archie fans are not pleased with his performance, but there is hope for a good season. If not, let’s see who is available to be our next coach.

What i would not do is try to justify it as a "major rebuild" or make false claims like so many sunshine pumpers do. otherwise, you are right.

Archie’s never had a good shooting team go review the FACTS for yourself.
You’re caught making up FACTS constantly. You’re a useless poster. At least you’d only be half useless if you had something intelligent, witty or funny to say, but that’s impossible for a witless dunce. Except for your 48 hour breaks after IU wins, you post all day everyday. Is this how you get your kicks at the old folks home or are you on the government dole posting instead of looking for a job?

You’re caught making up FACTS constantly. You’re a useless poster. At least you’d only be half useless if you had something intelligent, witty or funny to say, but that’s impossible for a witless dunce. Except for your 48 hour breaks after IU wins, you post all day everyday. Is this how you get your kicks at the old folks home or are you on the government dole posting instead of looking for a job?
Make more money than you I guarantee have a brain and use it unlike you

It’s a forum where people posts opinions on IU basketball. He’s not incessantly bitching. It’s based on actual results...aka reality.

Last edited:
It’s a forum where people posts opinions on IU basketball. He’s not incessantly bitching. It’s reality. It’s not his problem you can’t see it or choose not to see it.
You don’t recognize bitching when you see it?

You remind me more and more of Laughman everyday.
That guy wasn’t only stupid, I honestly thing he was nearly insane. He posted stuff that could have been written by Steven King for a homicidal maniac in one of his books.

I think victorbear is an unintelligent troll, but not insane.

That guy wasn’t only stupid, I honestly thing he was nearly insane. He posted stuff that could have been written by Steven King for a homicidal maniac in one of his books.

I think victorbear is an unintelligent troll, but not insane.
Oh, I don’t think it’s him...he just reminds of his carpet-bomb posting style, especially when he is upset. Laffy would post 100’s of times a day, then call everyone out that their 10 posts were evidence they didn’t have a job.

Oh, I don’t think it’s him...he just reminds of his carpet-bomb posting style, especially when he is upset. Laffy would post 100’s of times a day, then call everyone out that their 10 posts were evidence they didn’t have a job.
He returned for a short time under a different name about two years ago. He was probably off his meds. Poor guy.

I’m sure Vicki is paid in free uniforms and all the fries he can eat.
Since you won’t b wasting your time on this website
you guys are total losers been on here for ages even remember old posters. Jeez get a freaking life

Reactions: Radio Zero

you're talking about two different things. there is where IU should be in the big picture based on money, support, location, etc. and there is where IU should be relative to year three under Archie. I get the angst. i really do. in the big picture, IU should be killing it. should beat the rutgers of the world on the road more often than not. should cruise to tourney berths. all that. but we haven't been there under the last three guys. two of them came with some pedigree. same result in the end. all shit.

please show me where I or really anyone has gone with blind Archie defenses. seriously, show me. "wait and see" is a different thing. but i also get the internet and nuance don't mix.

big picture: a 9 seed this year might seem meh. here and now: it's a start. if he can parlay that into a 4 or 5 seed next year, we're onto something. recruiting can get good or go bad in a hurry. we shoot like this next year? the new AD will make his first big hire.

Reactions: Radio Zero
you're talking about two different things. there is where IU should be in the big picture based on money, support, location, etc. and there is where IU should be relative to year three under Archie. I get the angst. i really do. in the big picture, IU should be killing it. should beat the rutgers of the world on the road more often than not. should cruise to tourney berths. all that. but we haven't been there under the last three guys. two of them came with some pedigree. same result in the end. all shit.

please show me where I or really anyone has gone with blind Archie defenses. seriously, show me. "wait and see" is a different thing. but i also get the internet and nuance don't mix.

big picture: a 9 seed this year might seem meh. here and now: it's a start. if he can parlay that into a 4 or 5 seed next year, we're onto something. recruiting can get good or go bad in a hurry. we shoot like this next year? the new AD will make his first big hire.

Use fewer words in the future with this handle. You give yourself away to easily.

It’s a forum where people posts opinions on IU basketball. He’s not incessantly bitching. It’s based on actual results...aka reality.
Right, so what are your solutions today. Because I call it incessant bitching if you don’t have a solution.

Barcelona, the largest sports club in the world, fired their coach after two years this week. They are in first place in the league and qualified for champions league. Because the play wasn't befitting the standards the fans and board expect. That's expectations and standards.

I know nothing about european football, and have no interest in it. However from what I can gather, FC Barcelona is a Spanish professional football club based in Barcelona

According to Wikipedia, it is the fourth-most valuable sports team in the world, worth $4.06 billion, and the world's second-richest football club in terms of revenue, with an annual turnover of €690.4 million.

Comparing that to any NCAA basketball team is apples and oranges.

Reactions: MrBing
I know nothing about european football, and have no interest in it. However from what I can gather, FC Barcelona is a Spanish professional football club based in Barcelona

According to Wikipedia, it is the fourth-most valuable sports team in the world, worth $4.06 billion, and the world's second-richest football club in terms of revenue, with an annual turnover of €690.4 million.

Comparing that to any NCAA basketball team is apples and oranges.

It was just an analogy. The point being that lowering expectations comes with consequence. There are vocal people on this board who think that with all of the advantages iu holds over other programs a coach should get 4 years to be among the 68 top teams in the country. We will never be a blue blood again with standards so pedestrian. And if we are okay with that, then stop pissing all this money away on recruiting and overpaid coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT