ADVERTISEMENT

Holy shit, even Bill Barr is a cynic about Bill Barr

To be fair, he spent time in this interview defending and explaining his decision, but still, this response is not a good look at all.

It's telling when he decries partisanship at one point in the interview, then chuckles that "History is written by the winners" in another, and then tries to say with a straight face that he's interested only in one standard of justice in another. Yeah...bad look.

It's telling when he decries partisanship at one point in the interview, then chuckles that "History is written by the winners" in another, and then tries to say with a straight face that he's interested only in one standard of justice in another. Yeah...bad look.

Bill Barr has been hopelessly lost for quite some time. He got away with some pretty horrid chit in the HW administration, and then decided to double down and audition for this group. And because he had done the role before, it made it a lot easier for him to do it again.

The guy truly believes in what he’s doing, but he’s destroying our justice department in the process. His fervor is equal to that of a religious fanatic.

Shouldn't any all members of the current shit show be concerned about jail time after this version of "The Apprentice" is over? And I would assume Billy's actions will be reviewed closely.

The guy truly believes in what he’s doing, but he’s destroying our justice department in the process. His fervor is equal to that of a religious fanatic.
There are any number of villains in this government currently, but Barr and McConnell will go down as being the most damaging to our republic.
Shouldn't any all members of the current shit show be concerned about jail time after this version of "The Apprentice" is over? And I would assume Billy's actions will be reviewed closely.
Practically speaking, no. Assuming a Biden victory, there won't be an effort to take revenge or hold people responsible for their actions while in office, no matter how reprehensible. That's not how we do things, and I fully expect Biden to live up to that. [And yes, I've advocated for a "Truth & Reconciliation" commission of some sort before. I'd still like to see that, but understand it's just a fever dream on my part.]

Reactions: Noodle
There are any number of villains in this government currently, but Barr and McConnell will go down as being the most damaging to our republic.

Practically speaking, no. Assuming a Biden victory, there won't be an effort to take revenge or hold people responsible for their actions while in office, no matter how reprehensible. That's not how we do things, and I fully expect Biden to live up to that. [And yes, I've advocated for a "Truth & Reconciliation" commission of some sort before. I'd still like to see that, but understand it's just a fever dream on my part.]
So you're saying my dream of heads on pikes will probably go unfulfilled?
:(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT