ADVERTISEMENT

Hole in one

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
I played in a member/guest with my friend at Rolling Hills Country Club in Newburgh Indiana today. Scored a hole in one from 137 yards on hole number 4. Used an easy 9 iron. One bounce and rolled in like a putt. Birdied the next hole a par 4. Hit to 4 feet on 162 par 3 number 6 and lipped out birdie. It would be fun to play like that all the time. A pipe dream. 😂

Shotgun start today. We started on number 12. I was 6 over after 4 holes and finished with a 77.

Bought new lucky Titliest IU hat to play in today!

I was waiting for you to say you lost the ball in the next hole..
VBG

First one or is that old hat for you?

I played in a member/guest with my friend at Rolling Hills Country Club in Newburgh Indiana today. Scored a hole in one from 137 yards on hole number 4. Used an easy 9 iron. One bounce and rolled in like a putt. Birdied the next hole a par 4. Hit to 4 feet on 162 par 3 number 6 and lipped out birdie. It would be fun to play like that all the time. A pipe dream. 😂

Shotgun start today. We started on number 12. I was 6 over after 4 holes and finished with a 77.

Damn! Wow! Congratulations Stoll! That's awesome. I played w/ a buddy of mine years ago and he got a hole in one on the 17th hole. he was at a loss because he shot a 102. he hated that the hole in one was on that shitty scorecard. i bought him one of those real nice plaques designed for the ball AND the scorecard.

Reactions: kkott and stollcpa
I was waiting for you to say you lost the ball in the next hole..
VBG

First one or is that old hat for you?
I only wish old hat. One many years ago. Many really close but felt jinxed. Lol.

I resigned from Victoria National 2 months ago. I spent 20 years dreaming of a hole in one on #16. Similar to #17 at TPC. Not quite island green but close. If you get hole in one at Victoria they send flag to Tom Fazio to autograph and they fix it in a fancy glass box. I always told my buddies I had to have one to place in my casket. I had half dozen balls with in few inches of hole. Three times the ball tapped the pin only to ricochet out of hole.

No, I was pissed off. Closet to the hole was for higher handicaps. 😂😂
No prize? Our member guest is coming up next week. First time we will have hole in one prizes.
My brother made a hole in one at a member guest at Onion Creek in Austin and won a golf trip for two to French Lick.

No prize? Our member guest is coming up next week. First time we will have hole in one prizes.
My brother made a hole in one at a member guest at Onion Creek in Austin and won a golf trip for two to French Lick.
Unfortunately no prize.

• Wow
Reactions: 76-1 and kkott

How much did that hole in one cost you at the lounge afterwards?

I have an uncle in Newburgh. I'm get him to investigate this. lol Way to go my friend. Seriously you can tell your grandkids about this someday.

Reactions: stollcpa

Congratulations! My daughter's in laws are members and are building a house there.

My son got his first hole in one playing a round at Wesselman's when he was 11. He was playing a practice round with my wife before a tournament.

He got his second one on a windy Mother's Day with me at Tee Time. It was a nice executive course before they changed most of the holes.

Congratulations! My daughter's in laws are members and are building a house there.

My son got his first hole in one playing a round at Wesselman's when he was 11. He was playing a practice round with my wife before a tournament.

He got his second one on a windy Mother's Day with me at Tee Time. It was a nice executive course before they changed most of the holes.
Thank you.

They have a waiting list in excess of 30-40 right now. It’s good they got in before they filled up.

Awesome.
I hate you.
Congratulations.

That’s awesome, Stoll!

That was my first question as well.
I was a tightwad and left the dinner early before everyone finished. I was going to open up a tab for everyone but my friend the member told me to forget it. He said I’d be buying drinks all night and for people not even in the event.

My regular buddies all agree to pay $100 to anyone of us that gets a hole in one. They all bugged out on me and told me it has to be in our regular group game.

The pictures you put on Facebook were pretty awesome.

Congratulations.
I haven’t figured out who you are yet. Being from Epsom sure puts you out there for a lot of name calling on here.

I was naive blue pilled guy when I set my account up here. I just thought it was a bunch of sports crazy IU grads. I should have used an anonymous name. I am bullheaded enough that after I figured it out, I didn’t rejoin under another name. I say what I think and don’t care if some nut on here comes after me.

Being from Epson you know the Amish Mafia aren’t to be messed with if someone comes to Daviess County after me. 😂

I only wish old hat. One many years ago. Many really close but felt jinxed. Lol.

I resigned from Victoria National 2 months ago. I spent 20 years dreaming of a hole in one on #16. Similar to #17 at TPC. Not quite island green but close. If you get hole in one at Victoria they send flag to Tom Fazio to autograph and they fix it in a fancy glass box. I always told my buddies I had to have one to place in my casket. I had half dozen balls with in few inches of hole. Three times the ball tapped the pin only to ricochet out of hole.

#16.....<shudder> played VN in the late 90's.

said a prayer, closed my eyes and hit a 1-iron to 10' and canned it for a deuce

never played there again

pays to quit while you're ahead

#16.....<shudder> played VN in the late 90's.

said a prayer, closed my eyes and hit a 1-iron to 10' and canned it for a deuce

never played there again

pays to quit while you're ahead
Must have played the back tee.

Must have played the back tee.
i used to be pretty good but was never a long hitter. the tee was something like 210 iirc

i played the Pfau course with my 30 yr old son and a couple of his buddies friday

i'm 65 now ( and haven't played in 20 years) and he can outdrive me with his 3 iron

I haven’t figured out who you are yet. Being from Epsom sure puts you out there for a lot of name calling on here.

I was naive blue pilled guy when I set my account up here. I just thought it was a bunch of sports crazy IU grads. I should have used an anonymous name. I am bullheaded enough that after I figured it out, I didn’t rejoin under another name. I say what I think and don’t care if some nut on here comes after me.

Being from Epson you know the Amish Mafia aren’t to be messed with if someone comes to Daviess County after me. 😂
Probably not a good idea to use your real name. I've heard of some posters here trying to contact other posters' bosses to report their posting habits.
Of course, when you're the boss...

i used to be pretty good but was never a long hitter. the tee was something like 210 iirc

i played the Pfau course with my 30 yr old son and a couple of his buddies friday

i'm 65 now ( and haven't played in 20 years) and he can outdrive me with his 3 iron
Is he giving you any strokes?

• Haha
Reactions: dr.jb
Probably not a good idea to use your real name. I've heard of some posters here trying to contact other posters' bosses to report their posting habits.
Of course, when you're the boss...
Being your own boss has positives and negatives.

As far as posting, everyone should post as if their name is attached. Mine is attached. It takes a real upstanding brave person to post crap anonymously that they don’t have the balls to say to someone’s face.

The biggest asshole poster on here would have lost his government job in a minute if is posting behavior ever got out of this board.

Reactions: dr.jb

Play a real Par 3.

Play a real Par 3.
You’re correct, it wasn’t a hard one. Sand traps left and in front of green but not a long hole.

That’s why I wanted #16 at Victoria National. I’ve now resigned so #16 isn’t going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT