ADVERTISEMENT

Hodgepodge: Some interesting things I've seen in various media floated the last couple days

Tokyo Steve

Junior
Sep 5, 2001
  1. Huskies have been moved to the linebacker room. Coach Teegardin won't have that responsibility on his plate in his first year in charge of safeties and can break into his new role more comfortably. Also another sign of CTA's confidence in Coach Wommack.
  2. Crider has gained as much or more than anybody in weight and strength and apparently is going to be doing a lot of work at the guard position. I had previously hoped he would redshirt this year and have three years at center, but it looks like he might be too good to hold back.
  3. Apparently, Barwick and Bowen have made significant strength gains too.
  4. Really liked Bryant's body language in one 2- or 3-second clip of one defensive line drill. I know, it's silly based on such a short clip, but I thought I saw something, some confidence.
  5. Caleb Jones has been lining up at left tackle in the few pics I've seen.
  6. An aside: In one photo I've seen, Coach Inge is visible in the background giving a big bear hug to some woman, maybe a wife of one of the other coaches (maybe welcoming back Teegardin's wife?). And in one video I've seen, another staffer (maybe a GA) is giving his obvious significant other a big smooch on the field at the end of practice. Just a couple images that reinforce for me the sense of family/closeness among the staff and their families.

1. Huskies have been moved to the linebacker room. Coach Teegardin won't have that responsibility on his plate in his first year in charge of safeties and can break into his new role more comfortably. Also another sign of CTA's confidence in Coach Wommack.
  2. Crider has gained as much or more than anybody in weight and strength and apparently is going to be doing a lot of work at the guard position. I had previously hoped he would redshirt this year and have three years at center, but it looks like he might be too good to hold back.
  4. Really liked Bryant's body language in one 2- or 3-second clip of one defensive line drill. I know, it's silly based on such a short clip, but I thought I saw something, some confidence.
  6. An aside: In one photo I've seen, Coach Inge is visible in the background giving a big bear hug to some woman, maybe a wife of one of the other coaches (maybe welcoming back Teegardin's wife?). And in one video I've seen, another staffer (maybe a GA) is giving his obvious significant other a big smooch on the field at the end of practice. Just a couple images that reinforce for me the sense of family/closeness among the staff and their families.

In addition to probably helping lighten Teegardins responsibilities, Wommack is probably taking Husky because he has the most experience with the 4-2-5 scheme (Allen picked it up from Wommack Sr).

While Allen is still technically DC, and Hagen is asst DC, Wommacks previous experience as a DC with the 4-2-5 probably will give him a pretty sizable role in scheme implementation and game planning. I’m also guessing he’ll be the guy in the booth.

In addition to probably helping lighten Teegardins responsibilities, Wommack is probably taking Husky because he has the most experience with the 4-2-5 scheme (Allen picked it up from Wommack Sr).

While Allen is still technically DC, and Hagen is asst DC, Wommacks previous experience as a DC with the 4-2-5 probably will give him a pretty sizable role in scheme implementation and game planning. I’m also guessing he’ll be the guy in the booth.

I like that setup...:D

Also said that the entire starting line is over 300 from gains in the weight room.
Isaac James is moving to Husky due to size and strength adds....Great move they need to get him involved that kid is super fast!

Everything I have been reading sounds awesome. Ballou and Rhea are making quite an impact already by the sounds of it!

Also said that the entire starting line is over 300 from gains in the weight room.
Isaac James is moving to Husky due to size and strength adds....Great move they need to get him involved that kid is super fast!

Everything I have been reading sounds awesome. Ballou and Rhea are making quite an impact already by the sounds of it!
Andy Graham wrote a very good article (as usual) that concludes with several examples of the strength and conditioning gains since January 8.
http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2018/3/3/football-coaches-pick-as-hoosiers-click.aspx

Thats where I got my info :) However, I saw Isaac play when he was at Carmel. When he got the ball...see ya later. I've been surprised that they haven't plugged him in somewhere but it sounds like he will get his chance now.

Could be wrong but I feel like I remember hearing he had some minor injury issues his first 2 years on campus, which probably kept him from finding a home and climbing the depth chart

ADVERTISEMENT