ADVERTISEMENT

Hilton Head

We’ve discussed Hilton Head. We usually vacation at Duck, NC and rent large 6-10 bedroom houses for the entire family. Does Hilton have a similar setup? Hate all the commercialized stuff too. Why we like Duck so much...but the dang ocean is a north current there and it’s literally 55-65 degrees in the middle of the summer. Need warmer water.

We’ve discussed Hilton Head. We usually vacation at Duck, NC and rent large 6-10 bedroom houses for the entire family. Does Hilton have a similar setup? Hate all the commercialized stuff too. Why we like Duck so much...but the dang ocean is a north current there and it’s literally 55-65 degrees in the middle of the summer. Need warmer water.
Not sure, first time. Staying in condo. Weather doesn’t look all that good next week. Great there this week, and the week after we are gone. Have a tee time for Harbor Town, so hopefully it will be decent enough to golf.

Not sure, first time. Staying in condo. Weather doesn’t look all that good next week. Great there this week, and the week after we are gone. Have a tee time for Harbor Town, so hopefully it will be decent enough to golf.

Harbour Town is narrow. Hit it straight.

Last edited:
Hilton head is nice, g weather, beach and water... and for me the traffic and business I like to leave behind, so u may not like it. Look at Edisto. Slower, easier and more relaxing to me, but others might feel bored.

You might want to try Fripp Island.

Reactions: BHAII and CGW-89
In addition to Hudson’s, I would recommend The Salty Dog Cafe, The Crazy Crab, The Old Oyster Factory, and Skull Creek Boathouse as dinner suggestions. If you want pizza, I would either go with Jake’s Pizza over by The Salty Dog or Giuseppi’s. There is a sandwich shop that I like. It’s name is Stu’s and if you want to grab bbq and take it back to the house I generally go with Bullies. Enjoy your trip!

If you are that far out, you should do a morning in Beaufort and a day in Savannah/Tybee Island.
no offense, but you suck at planning vacations
don't disagree on this effort; last minute planning. Normally directly on a beach somewhere.

Weather sucked in HH all week. Thanks everyone for food suggestions, that was the only bright spot. Well that and I shot a 92 on Harbour Town.... Shot 42 on the front, then the wind started howling on the back. Close to 35 MPH winds blowing shots, and putts at least ten feet ;-)

Reactions: largemouth
don't disagree on this effort; last minute planning. Normally directly on a beach somewhere.

Weather sucked in HH all week. Thanks everyone for food suggestions, that was the only bright spot. Well that and I shot a 92 on Harbour Town.... Shot 42 on the front, then the wind started howling on the back. Close to 35 MPH winds blowing shots, and putts at least ten feet ;-)
Yeah, it's still a little early for SC beaches. You f'd that up too! You better consult the AOTF next time.... feel free to post bewbs, in advance though.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

Firsttime I played harbour Town, bythe time we hit 18 tee, the wind was unbearable. Cold.

I hit driver, driver off the deck, driver off the deck again, and was still not close. If there were no wagers, I'd have picked up.

Played it in warm weather and it was great.

But for pure golf enjoyment - hit Pinehurst. Courses everywhere.

My favorite course in the whole wide world is Pine Needles. Can't explain it. Just feels right.

My bride was a golf widow for many years. Now, I think she misses those days!

Reactions: Brockway and kkott
Firsttime I played harbour Town, bythe time we hit 18 tee, the wind was unbearable. Cold.

I hit driver, driver off the deck, driver off the deck again, and was still not close. If there were no wagers, I'd have picked up.

Played it in warm weather and it was great.

But for pure golf enjoyment - hit Pinehurst. Courses everywhere.

My favorite course in the whole wide world is Pine Needles. Can't explain it. Just feels right.

My bride was a golf widow for many years. Now, I think she misses those days!
yeah, if I ever decide to hit driver off the deck, I usually have to do it again too!

JK, but damn, that's what a 3 wood is for!

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT