ADVERTISEMENT

Hijacked threads

fwiu

Benchwarmer
Sep 4, 2001
I have a suggestion for the increasing number of Hijacked threads.
recently someone has started threads for both football and basketball recruiting that started out to be what I suspect most fans go to this type of board to get.
unfortunately they have been taken over by a lot of very argumentative types which destroy a lot of the posts attractiveness.
hopefully I have said this diplomatically enough that we can focus on the subject not about what an idiot I am,
So to the proposal:
whenever an originator Believes their post has taken a turn from the intent of the post they contact a moderator and together the originator and the moderator take the “rudderless” data to another or new board under the title of hijacked commentary from original post ie IU 2021 Basketball Recruiting. That would allow mainly relevant data on the original and subsequent posts and allow the divergent discussion post to carry on.
This would not be quite as harsh as banning those whose only desire is to argue incessantly and insult those who have, in my opinion , initiated the best posts of the year.
my final comment is I for could care less what RMK said to TV Teddy many years ago!

recently someone has started threads for both football and basketball recruiting that started out to be what I suspect most fans go to this type of board to get.
unfortunately they have been taken over by a lot of very argumentative types which destroy a lot of the posts attractiveness.
hopefully I have said this diplomatically enough that we can focus on the subject not about what an idiot I am,
So to the proposal:
whenever an originator Believes their post has taken a turn from the intent of the post they contact a moderator and together the originator and the moderator take the “rudderless” data to another or new board under the title of hijacked commentary from original post ie IU 2021 Basketball Recruiting. That would allow mainly relevant data on the original and subsequent posts and allow the divergent discussion post to carry on.
This would not be quite as harsh as banning those whose only desire is to argue incessantly and insult those who have, in my opinion , initiated the best posts of the year.
my final comment is I for could care less what RMK said to TV Teddy many years ago!
You could care less.

So to the proposal:

It's the Mods that couldn't (not could) care less. The fact that Ordfan is allowed to endlessly bloviate after being banned more times than anyone can remember pretty much says it all - the Mods just do not care. Pity, because it really does tarnish things for the majority of Posters and effectively diminishes the traffic they should be trying to encourage. I mean, if someone asked you about this site, would you actually give it a recommendation?

Recall checking out the MSU board a while back and being impressed with the elevated nature of discussion. Quite the contrast to TheHoosier, not at all clear why we can't be accorded the opportunity to experience/participate in same.

It's the Mods that couldn't (not could) care less. The fact that Ordfan is allowed to endlessly bloviate after being banned more times than anyone can remember pretty much says it all - the Mods just do not care. Pity, because it really does tarnish things for the majority of Posters and effectively diminishes the traffic they should be trying to encourage. I mean, if someone asked you about this site, would you actually give it a recommendation?

Recall checking out the MSU board a while back and being impressed with the elevated nature of discussion. Quite the contrast to TheHoosier, not at all clear why we can't be accorded the opportunity to experience/participate in same.
shut up, nerd.

Reactions: Lucy01

What a coincidence! In observance of 'Be Kind to Dumb Animals Week', the Mods have just informed me that you're been granted carte blanche through next Thursday. And just so you don't have to look it up, it means you may post anything you like without fear or consequence.

Your chance to dump the shrinking violet routine. Forget that no one gives a sh*t, tell us how you really feel (thinking being a bridge too far). Go for it kitten - regale us with the barnyard-level acumen and culture that is your dominion.

What a coincidence! In observance of 'Be Kind to Dumb Animals Week', the Mods have just informed me that you're been granted carte blanche through next Thursday. And just so you don't have to look it up, it means you may post anything you like without fear or consequence.

Your chance to dump the shrinking violet routine. Forget that no one gives a sh*t, tell us how you really feel (thinking being a bridge too far). Go for it kitten - regale us with the barnyard-level acumen and culture that is your dominion.
Not a chance, but I do like it when I don’t have to look stuff up!

So to the proposal:

You must be new here. There are moderated IUBB discussion boards out there on the interwebs, if that's your thing.

If you want to post dribble, like a drunk slob at 2a sitting at the end of the bar, this is the place.

So to the proposal:
I think this is a good time to talk about Mr. Gatti's pizza. I just might get the chance to have some next week in Martinsville.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
I think this is a good time to talk about Mr. Gatti's pizza. I just might get the chance to have some next week in Martinsville.

That is literally the worst pizza establishment I have ever been to in my life. Would rather go to a Cici’s Pizza or Little Caesar’s and that is saying a lot.

Reactions: Hoosierific
You did understand what I was doing right? I was hijacking a thread about hijacking threads. It was poetic.

I once read a coffee table book...about coffee tables. The book even had feet so it could be used...as a coffee table.

Just a second ago my youngest daughter said, "I like sweet sauce and Gatti's has sweet sauce".

If your family likes sweet sauce I would suggest Greek's Pizza in several IN towns. Sweet sauce that I also like and pizza is overall much better.

If your family likes sweet sauce I would suggest Greek's Pizza in several IN towns. Sweet sauce that I also like and pizza is overall much better.
thx for the suggestion. Where are they located? It's all greek to me. I'll check to see if they have websites. We might try that AND Mr. Gatti's. Wow, it is amazing I had not run into these restaurants. There are a ton of them. I pastored around Lebanon for a couple of years and don't remember going by a Greek's Pizzeria.

thx for the suggestion. Where are they located? It's all greek to me. I'll check to see if they have websites. We might try that AND Mr. Gatti's. Wow, it is amazing I had not run into these restaurants. There are a ton of them. I pastored around Lebanon for a couple of years and don't remember going by a Greek's Pizzeria.

Greek’s is pretty good. They have really expanded over the last few years too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT