ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Sope- Got Georgia on my mind

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So how's the (2) Senate races looking down there? I read earlier that Gaetz is claiming that Loeffler offered Trump $50 Million to get Collins to drop his candidacy. Somehow none of that shocks me, and I find it not only plausible but IMO likely. And I say that despite the fact that Gaetz is almost as big of a liar as Trump himself...
Sounds like the offer was couched in enough "nuance" to make even COH blush...

"According to Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Loeffler or her representatives approached the Trump campaign and offered to spend tens of millions of dollars on Trump’s behalf. But that financial support would only come, Loeffler’s team supposedly said, if Trump helped convince Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA) to drop his Senate bid. Gaetz supports Collins and was speaking at a campaign event."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...lion-to-help-get-her-opponent-out-of-the-race

Two questions? Does Loeffler really want to be a Senator this desperately (and why, for Heaven's sake) and two does Gaetz think this in any way makes Trump look good? I mean IMO just acknowledging that she even thinks Trump would consider such an outlandish bribe is just a tacit admission of how easily (even his supporters believe) trump can be bought...

Then today I'm reading pressure is mounting on Lieberman to drop out. I must admit when I see polling showing Warnock tied with Collins 3 or so points behind Loeffler, and Lieberman and others mired back around 11%, I think it would be best if the Dems united behind Warnock to make sure he makes the runoff. I know Lieberman and Tarver have political ambitions, but it seems to me this is one of the times the good of the party and the country as a whole should guide you over personal ambition.

The people of Georgia clearly lose if the runoff is Loeffler vs Collins. With Warnock as an alternative vs either, then the majority of voters have a choice.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pressure-matt-lieberman-drop-out-georgia-senate-race-033435658.html

I didn’t realize until today that the Lieberman in the race is Joe’s son. He needs to drop out.

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmickid
So how's the (2) Senate races looking down there? I read earlier that Gaetz is claiming that Loeffler offered Trump $50 Million to get Collins to drop his candidacy. Somehow none of that shocks me, and I find it not only plausible but IMO likely. And I say that despite the fact that Gaetz is almost as big of a liar as Trump himself...
Sounds like the offer was couched in enough "nuance" to make even COH blush...

"According to Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Loeffler or her representatives approached the Trump campaign and offered to spend tens of millions of dollars on Trump’s behalf. But that financial support would only come, Loeffler’s team supposedly said, if Trump helped convince Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA) to drop his Senate bid. Gaetz supports Collins and was speaking at a campaign event."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...lion-to-help-get-her-opponent-out-of-the-race

Two questions? Does Loeffler really want to be a Senator this desperately (and why, for Heaven's sake) and two does Gaetz think this in any way makes Trump look good? I mean IMO just acknowledging that she even thinks Trump would consider such an outlandish bribe is just a tacit admission of how easily (even his supporters believe) trump can be bought...

Then today I'm reading pressure is mounting on Lieberman to drop out. I must admit when I see polling showing Warnock tied with Collins 3 or so points behind Loeffler, and Lieberman and others mired back around 11%, I think it would be best if the Dems united behind Warnock to make sure he makes the runoff. I know Lieberman and Tarver have political ambitions, but it seems to me this is one of the times the good of the party and the country as a whole should guide you over personal ambition.

The people of Georgia clearly lose if the runoff is Loeffler vs Collins. With Warnock as an alternative vs either, then the majority of voters have a choice.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pressure-matt-lieberman-drop-out-georgia-senate-race-033435658.html
That wouldn't surprise me . . . I don't think much of Loeffler. She wants to buy-in to the priciest club in the swamp. I don't know if you saw this post in response to yours in another thread: https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...idate-run-this-commercial.201179/post-3006596. My guess is that Loeffler is the political proxy for the CEO of the owner of the NYSE . . . she's as Wall Street as they come.

Like I said in the post linked above, I'd probably vote for Collins just because of how much more sleazy Loeffler is than he is . . . and that's going some . . . .

Warnock definitely needs Lieberman and Tarver to drop out of the race at some point . . . maybe not yet though.

That wouldn't surprise me . . . I don't think much of Loeffler. She wants to buy-in to the priciest club in the swamp. I don't know if you saw this post in response to yours in another thread: https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/t...idate-run-this-commercial.201179/post-3006596. My guess is that Loeffler is the political proxy for the CEO of the owner of the NYSE . . . she's as Wall Street as they come.

Like I said in the post linked above, I'd probably vote for Collins just because of how much more sleazy Loeffler is than he is . . . and that's going some . . . .

Warnock definitely needs Lieberman and Tarver to drop out of the race at some point . . . maybe not yet though.

Illuminating article on Loeffler/Collins in the NYT. It's encouraging that late polling is showing that Dems are coalescing behind Warnock. Probably doesn't help Lieberman that reports have been surfacing of him hosting a fundraiser for Lindsey Graham in the not so distant past...

Kelly Loeffler is not just a U.S. senator and a successful businesswoman. She is also one of the social doyennes of Buckhead, the Atlanta neighborhood of the wealthy and aspiring rich, where she has often thrown open the gates of her $10.5 million European-style manse, known as Descante, for charity fundraisers.

The role requires maintaining a certain unruffled poise. So it was impossible to know what Loeffler was thinking as she rolled up to a brewpub in Dalton, Georgia, in late August for a campaign event and was greeted by Marjorie Taylor Greene, a fellow Republican who had just won a House primary after promoting the QAnon conspiracy theory and making offensive remarks about Black people, Jews and Muslims.

Loeffler and Greene exchanged pleasant chitchat near the front door. Later, Loeffler, who was appointed to her seat last year and must win an upcoming special election to keep it, grabbed a microphone and talked about finishing the wall on the Mexican border, the “fake news” that would never intimidate her and the “dangerous Marxist movement called the Black Lives Matter political organization.”

Illuminating article on Loeffler/Collins in the NYT. It's encouraging that late polling is showing that Dems are coalescing behind Warnock. Probably doesn't help Lieberman that reports have been surfacing of him hosting a fundraiser for Lindsey Graham in the not so distant past...

Kelly Loeffler is not just a U.S. senator and a successful businesswoman. She is also one of the social doyennes of Buckhead, the Atlanta neighborhood of the wealthy and aspiring rich, where she has often thrown open the gates of her $10.5 million European-style manse, known as Descante, for charity fundraisers.

The role requires maintaining a certain unruffled poise. So it was impossible to know what Loeffler was thinking as she rolled up to a brewpub in Dalton, Georgia, in late August for a campaign event and was greeted by Marjorie Taylor Greene, a fellow Republican who had just won a House primary after promoting the QAnon conspiracy theory and making offensive remarks about Black people, Jews and Muslims.

Loeffler and Greene exchanged pleasant chitchat near the front door. Later, Loeffler, who was appointed to her seat last year and must win an upcoming special election to keep it, grabbed a microphone and talked about finishing the wall on the Mexican border, the “fake news” that would never intimidate her and the “dangerous Marxist movement called the Black Lives Matter political organization.”

Hey cosmic . . . good to see you're keeping tabs on what's doing here in the dirty souf . . .

. . . that Lieberman fundraiser for Graham stuff, I'm less concerned about that because it was in 2013, for the old iteration of Graham's political persona, and not the Trump sycophant. I'm also less concerned about Lieberman and Tarver staying in this race so long as Warnock gets to the runoff . . . even with Lieberman's 9% and Tarver's 4%, Warnock ain't close enough to 50% to win this brawl of election outright . . .

. . . so long as Loeffler is knocked out and the runoff sets up set as between Collins and Warnock, I'd be OK with that . . . it'd be as clear cut a choice as one can get . . . I suspect Collins would win that one unless Warnock's appeal broadens to include economic concerns of suburban and rural, particularly older, white voters. Warnock needs a more universal message . . . .

BTW, I think Trump is trending in Georgia for the moment . . . winning Georgia is not necessary for a Biden win anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT