ADVERTISEMENT

Hey mcmurty66

Absolutely sickening!! I think I bought at THE very worst moment in time. Typical tho.
I'm responsible.... I just thought about buying some and had everything set up to do so and then backed out. That is typical of what I do too when it comes to stocks. I can watch something go up for ages and when I buy I'll almost guarantee you that it will start falling.

I'm responsible.... I just thought about buying some and had everything set up to do so and then backed out. That is typical of what I do too when it comes to stocks. I can watch something go up for ages and when I buy I'll almost guarantee you that it will start falling.
Lol good move. Buy burl. At least You can always make something out of it

Sounds like me and betting. Poor Louis Oosthuizen. Sorry dude but I was getting 8-1 on Friday night!

Maybe I should bet on Purdue to win every game.

Reactions: NPT
Sounds like me and betting. Poor Louis Oosthuizen. Sorry dude but I was getting 8-1 on Friday night!

Maybe I should bet on Purdue to win every game.
Oosthuizen screwed himself. Hitting the hazard on 17 was inexcusable. That ball should have went 150 yards right before he allowed it to go left. He could have made par from there. Heck, DeChambeau hit it out there on purpose all week.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Oosthuizen screwed himself. Hitting the hazard on 17 was inexcusable. That ball should have went 150 yards right before he allowed it to go left. He could have made par from there. Heck, DeChambeau hit it out there on purpose all week.
Speaking of meltdown. DeChambeauooooooooooooooooooo. Damn man, settle down.

Speaking of meltdown. DeChambeauooooooooooooooooooo. Damn man, settle down.
I had money on Koepka in a head to head finish bet. I thought I was screwed when he was -5 at the turn and looking like he would run away with it.

I had money on Koepka in a head to head finish bet. I thought I was screwed when he was -5 at the turn and looking like he would run away with it.
He skulled like two different bunker shot/pitch shots. I haven't seen a pro do that in years (Spieth on 12 at Augusta, maybe McIroy's meltdown as well). Guess the analytics didn't help him there.

He skulled like two different bunker shot/pitch shots. I haven't seen a pro do that in years (Spieth on 12 at Augusta, maybe McIroy's meltdown as well). Guess the analytics didn't help him there.
That's why I like Opens. There will be a pro at some point who does the same dumb shit I do regularly. It makes me feel better about my decision to basically stop playing the game.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
That's why I like Opens. There will be a pro at some point who does the same dumb shit I do regularly. It makes me feel better about my decision to basically stop playing the game.
I used to be pretty decent in my late teens/early 20's (when i had all the time in the world). Seriously, like i was trying to get in to single digit handicap territory.

As I got older I couldn't practice as much and just would get pissed at sucking. So I gave it up (back injury helped as well). I'll pick it back up after the kid goes to college and i have some more time. Probably never get that single digit handicap though.

I used to be pretty decent in my late teens/early 20's (when i had all the time in the world). Seriously, like i was trying to get in to single digit handicap territory.

As I got older I couldn't practice as much and just would get pissed at sucking. So I gave it up (back injury helped as well). I'll pick it back up after the kid goes to college and i have some more time. Probably never get that single digit handicap though.
I quit after I saw my swing on video. Too much to overcome

• Haha

Similar arc in my game. A roommate at IU got me started and I was able to play bogey golf or better after a couple of years, then career got serious and it was hoops before golf. Then kids came and there was no way I was going to use what little free time I had to play golf without practicing. I now play the occasional scramble with clients and that's more than enough for me. I'd much rather be outside doing something else for 4 hours on a Saturday.

Reactions: larsIU
Bryson snowmaned a hole that wasn't even among the hardest on the course, so the level of choking wasn't quite the same.
What Bryson did had no bearing on Rory. They both were in a good position to win and neither could get thru the most critical 3 hole stretch on the course. Holes 11-13.
They both spit the bit

Louis blew two chances to stetch the lead in the first five holes.

What Bryson did had no bearing on Rory. They both were in a good position to win and neither could get thru the most critical 3 hole stretch on the course. Holes 11-13.
They both spit the bit
One was +6 on the back nine, gagging all over the place,
the other was +2 on the back nine, goofing up the two hardest holes.

Neither will want to rembember, but it is Bryson who has more to try to forget.

One was +6 on the back nine, gagging all over the place,
the other was +2 on the back nine, goofing up the two hardest holes.

Neither will want to rembember, but it is Bryson who has more to try to forget.
Yeah, I'm sure McIlroy is comforted by thinking to himself "I may have blown my chance at another major, but at least I'm not the scientist".

Reactions: Spartans9312
Wait, why would they ban arm lock putters? Better yet, HOW would they ban them? Nothing is anchored to the body with an arm lock. You still have to make the swing.
I'll try to find something to link to, but it's the overall length that will do them in. Not sure if it's USGA or PGA conversation, now that I think about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT