ADVERTISEMENT

Here's something to help you rationalize New Year's Eves from your (misspent) past

Stuffshot

Hall of Famer
Feb 20, 2008
Instead of trying to decode whether a poster is really an attorney in Colorado, or a poster from Pennsylvania is really a pastor or whether a poster from God-knows-where really plays golf as much as he claims (Y-A-W-N), here's a link that may make some of you happy to cheer in the new year:

https://www.newsweek.com/going-concerts-can-help-you-live-longer-according-new-study-863628

And two questions:

1. Did any of you degenerates go to the concert by Jethro Tull and Yes at Tyndall Armory? That was probably the best $6 general admission concert I ever attended.

2. Was there ever a concert by Jimi Hendrix at the Anderson High School Wigmam Gymnasium? I.e. did this concert actually happen? I am absolutely 100% sure I saw a flyer advertising this concert, but I have never been able to confirm that the concert actually happened (even though Hendrix played several different places in Indiana that same summer).

Well, back to the Fireball. If you respond, please type legibly because, well, I'm back to the Fireball.

Instead of trying to decode whether a poster is really an attorney in Colorado, or a poster from Pennsylvania is really a pastor or whether a poster from God-knows-where really plays golf as much as he claims (Y-A-W-N), here's a link that may make some of you happy to cheer in the new year:

https://www.newsweek.com/going-concerts-can-help-you-live-longer-according-new-study-863628

And two questions:

1. Did any of you degenerates go to the concert by Jethro Tull and Yes at Tyndall Armory? That was probably the best $6 general admission concert I ever attended.

2. Was there ever a concert by Jimi Hendrix at the Anderson High School Wigmam Gymnasium? I.e. did this concert actually happen? I am absolutely 100% sure I saw a flyer advertising this concert, but I have never been able to confirm that the concert actually happened (even though Hendrix played several different places in Indiana that same summer).

Well, back to the Fireball. If you respond, please type legibly because, well, I'm back to the Fireball.
I don't know about all that but what really bothers me is when people think Jethro Tull is a member of the band.

And two questions:

Have you tried the new peanut butter whiskey? It’s moving in on fireball.

Have you tried the new peanut butter whiskey? It’s moving in on fireball.

I stopped in the liquor store Tuesday on my way home and they were doing a tasting of some Salted Caramel flavored whiskey. Never liked Fireball, but this stuff over some ice could make for a good evening. Supposedly a local distiller (Spring House) here in the Carolinas, but I'm sure several distilleries are making it or something similar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT