ADVERTISEMENT

Here's My "Next Up" Selection...

His TE coach? Pearman actually has a higher level position than Streeter, is Dabo's longest tenured assistant (more than twice as many years as Streeter), and makes more money than Streeter. Plus, Pearman and Dabo go way back - Pearman was an assistant at Alabama when Dabo was a player, GA, and assistant there.

Yes, his TE coach.

I proposed to offer Streeter and Pearman (the key guy in our case being Streeter)...

Streeter would be offered the Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks slot and Pearman would be offered the Co-Passing Game Game Coordinator(as a resume builder primarily)/TE's/ Special Teams Coordinator (main job)...

Getting one or both of them is/are most certainly, definitely, extreme longshots and (as I thought I had already covered) would take the sweetheart deals of all time sweetheart deals to get them here..., with more than doubling their current salaries just as a starting point...

You, and everyone else is/are correct: it's extremely, highly, unlikely we can pull it off but it's certainly (in my opinion) worth a try...

If a guys not willing to take a chance and expand his horizons (afraid to leave his comfort zone) that's not the guy I want at either one of those Coordinator positions anyway...

I'd give it a shot if I was TA & FG... The worst that can happen is that they won't take the call...

My approach has always been to start at the top of my list and work down, rather than the reverse...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sassy61
If the IU $ offer is respectable (to even strong for IU), I can't believe a competitive coach looking to show their true chops wouldn't like the shot at knocking off Penn St, Ohio St, Mich, Mich St year in and year out. Compete against the best and see what you can do. Plus, IU now has QB/RB talent that is good as its been in awhile, seemingly a solid WR crew and a rising OL that's got senior leadership and some big boys coming up the pipeline. Definitely some offensive autonomy, and a defense with rising talent as well.

This is a chance to shine for the right person eager for a real challenge to compete with the best.

High school coach?!?!?

If there was any high school coach in America you would hire for a college job, it’s probably New Pal’s Kyle Ralph. Played college ball in ACC. NFL free agent. Very well respected. He runs a high attack offense and defense. I don’t know if you hire him as an OC but he’ll probably get there at some point because he’s in high demand and colleges have called him repeatedly.

That said, Allen was there to see Charlie Spegal, class of 2020, who is going to see D-1 offers come this year. Also, Kyle King. He’s going to be one to watch:

If there was any high school coach in America you would hire for a college job, it’s probably New Pal’s Kyle Ralph. Played college ball in ACC. NFL free agent. Very well respected. He runs a high attack offense and defense. I don’t know if you hire him as an OC but he’ll probably get there at some point because he’s in high demand and colleges have called him repeatedly.

That said, Allen was there to see Charlie Spegal, class of 2020, who is going to see D-1 offers come this year. Also, Kyle King. He’s going to be one to watch:

You are indeed correct he has done a remarkable job at New Pal. He was mentioned in an article along with one of my former players Mike Rumph as high school guys to watch. Mike was Plantation American Heritage is currently corners coach for Miami. .

Reactions: Sassy61

That was sarcasm as that is what the Pu folks and some on this board is and have criticized FG for hiring him. I am a high school coach and coached against many guys who would have made fine college coaches. George Smith formerly from St Thomas Aquinas first to come to mind btw from Indiana Joe Kinnan from Bradenton Manatee, Bill Kramer of Naples. One I never coached against but watched Dick Dullghan,

Reactions: 76-1 and Sassy61
Faulkner's already been mentioned, but IMO the potential problem with him (as well as some other guys who've been mentioned) is--given what Allen says he wants in an offense--Buster's offense might play at "too fast" a pace for CTA's liking.

If Allen's truly seeking an offense that can do run-first ball control, sustain some long drives, and give his defense a breather, some other guys might make more sense, like DeBoer and (especially) Albin.

If Helton were smart he'd hire DeBoer to run USC's offense, but the boosters out there will probably want an "NFL guy" if they can sign one.

What Albin's done at Ohio almost defies the laws of "football physics" by being in the Top 15 in both TOP and PPG. Very impressive, but it looks like he may be joined at the hip to Solich.

Even the 2 guys at Buffalo might have potential--IIRC Kotelnicki's already been mentioned, but I think Zebrowski might actually be a better fit for IU.

I guess J. Moreland could interest Allen too, for some of the same reasons.

There it is -pretty early endorsement by him! (And I saw on some article thread someone from USC posted "Hello Helton, any one home?" seemingly like why didn't he grab him.

Think this is a both a quality FB hire and personality fit with Allen. You have to pay to play and now that he's got some horses in the stable, I bet he's going to be fired up for the challenge that is the B10E! Exciting!

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
There it is -pretty early endorsement by him! (And I saw on some article thread someone from USC posted "Hello Helton, any one home?" seemingly like why didn't he grab him.

Think this is a both a quality FB hire and personality fit with Allen. You have to pay to play and now that he's got some horses in the stable, I bet he's going to be fired up for the challenge that is the B10E! Exciting!

I think Welshman# mentioned him even earlier that that post. He's the (Welsh) Man!:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT