ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again: Russian military hacked Burisma searching for Biden dirt.

I’d rather be a long extinct bird than a crank. I can’t imagine a better description of you than this:

Crank: A pejorative term used for a person who holds an unshakable belief that most of his or her contemporaries consider to be false. A crank belief is so wildly at variance with those commonly held that it is considered ludicrous. Cranks characteristically dismiss all evidence or arguments which contradict their own unconventional beliefs, making any rational debate a futile task and rendering them impervious to facts, evidence, and rational inference.​

You’re a crank.
He's a liar. It may start with lying to himself first but he's still a liar. Crank fits too, but I think liar fits better.

Reactions: DrHoops
It turns out that wind farms are being blocked around the country, to a lot less fanfare than fracking protests. How many times have people come here to complain about efforts to block wind farms vs fracking?

Neither Biden nor Buttigieg support a complete ban "on Day 1," as you accused them of. You should have known this. Either you were being extremely lazy, or you were lying.

Or perhaps you are like some of the other Trumpublicans around here, and you've lost the ability to differentiate reality from fantasy.

“Trumpublicans”? I hope that’s not copyrighted because I’m using it.

It turns out that wind farms are being blocked around the country, to a lot less fanfare than fracking protests. How many times have people come here to complain about efforts to block wind farms vs fracking?

That’s not too hard to figure out. Blocking a wind farm is of little consequence. Banning fracking will put a dagger in an important economic sector.

That’s not too hard to figure out. Blocking a wind farm is of little consequence. Banning fracking will put a dagger in an important economic sector.
I think it's more than that because with fracking all the problems are buried whereas with wind farms it is very obvious you can see them.

I have heard recently that oil extracted by fracking has magic pixie dust that actually reduces carbon emissions. But I am somewhat skeptical that is true, I haven't seen it peer reviewed yet. So if that report is not accurate, we need to use the product wisely.

Think of oil like food. Humans must have food to survive, we know that. Yet many of us eat too much food, which creates problems. We need to eat food wisely. Oil is similar, right now we are totally addicted to it. But it causes long term problems that humanity is already regretting and it will get worse. So shouldn't we eat it wisely? I don't get how, "extract it and burn it as fast as possible" is any different than "I love pizza, I eat three a night".

I have heard recently that oil extracted by fracking has magic pixie dust that actually reduces carbon emissions. But I am somewhat skeptical that is true, I haven't seen it peer reviewed yet. So if that report is not accurate, we need to use the product wisely.

Think of oil like food. Humans must have food to survive, we know that. Yet many of us eat too much food, which creates problems. We need to eat food wisely. Oil is similar, right now we are totally addicted to it. But it causes long term problems that humanity is already regretting and it will get worse. So shouldn't we eat it wisely? I don't get how, "extract it and burn it as fast as possible" is any different than "I love pizza, I eat three a night".

Frankly I'm surprised you even question the carbon reduction benefits of fracking. NG is replacing coal in many power plants and other applications. This is a point you have made often.

I don't know what you mean by being "addicted" to oil. That's like saying those who like to hike or run are addicted to shoes. It makes no sense to me.

Frankly I'm surprised you even question the carbon reduction benefits of fracking. NG is replacing coal in many power plants and other applications. This is a point you have made often.

I don't know what you mean by being "addicted" to oil. That's like saying those who like to hike or run are addicted to shoes. It makes no sense to me.

I covered part of that above, we build subdivisions well outside the city leaving people to have to commute long distances to work, to shop, anything. Then drive by the retail areas, massive parking lots. You pretty much have to drive to get from Kohls to Lowes because there is parking for 5000 cars between the stores.

You biked from Paris to Normandy. In France, do they sprawl like that? Were there more or fewer bike riders?

Look at the size of homes compared to 50 years ago. Homes are 1000 sq feet larger today, and the per person square footage has doubled. All that space needs heated and cooled. Over millions of homes, that adds up.

In most of the world, if oil became a problem, they would bike or walk to work. That isn't an option for a huge number of Americans. Their smaller dwellings could be kept warm (cool) with less energy. We have to have plentiful oil, we have to have cheap oil. We have built a society that cannot survive without cheap/plentiful oil. Are we ever going to consider if there are other ways?

I’d rather be a long extinct bird than a crank. I can’t imagine a better description of you than this:

Crank: A pejorative term used for a person who holds an unshakable belief that most of his or her contemporaries consider to be false. A crank belief is so wildly at variance with those commonly held that it is considered ludicrous. Cranks characteristically dismiss all evidence or arguments which contradict their own unconventional beliefs, making any rational debate a futile task and rendering them impervious to facts, evidence, and rational inference.​

You’re a crank.

"A person who holds an unshakable belief that most of his or her contemporaries consider to be false." Guilty as charged. When people realize I was right a along, that is a hell of a rush. In three instances Colorado changed legislation because of positions I have taken.

"making any rational debate a futile task and rendering them impervious to facts, evidence, and rational inference." For you rational debate is a spectator sport. I don't think you ever participated. ;)

I covered part of that above, we build subdivisions well outside the city leaving people to have to commute long distances to work, to shop, anything.

High density living is not for everyone. And it's probably bad for mental health to boot. I don't think that translates to being addicted to oil. There are lots of philosophical and life-style questions in your post. No doubt cheap and plentiful energy raises our standard of living. Is that an issue for you? I guess the question is who gets to judge whether large homes, extravagant tourism, SUV's, or even automatic clothes dryers, are part of quality of life or wasteful energy consumption.

High density living is not for everyone. And it's probably bad for mental health to boot. I don't think that translates to being addicted to oil. There are lots of philosophical and life-style questions in your post. No doubt cheap and plentiful energy raises our standard of living. Is that an issue for you? I guess the question is who gets to judge whether large homes, extravagant tourism, SUV's, or even automatic clothes dryers, are part of quality of life or wasteful energy consumption.

It completely dominates all of our decisions. We must run pipelines wherever petroleum wants. We must track wherever petroleum wants. We must fight wars wherever petroleum wants. We must stage coups wherever petroleum wants.

I try hard to find some balance. Having a clean environment is good for health and mental health too.

More fracking is not a panacea, in fact it leads to waste. So much is being produced that it is just being burned off. From the Wiki:

An imbalance in the supply-demand dynamics for the oil and gas produced by hydraulic fracturing in the Permian Basin of west Texas is an increasing challenge for the local industry, as well as a growing impact to the environment. In 2018, so much excess natural gas was produced with oil that prices turned negative and wasteful flaring increased to a record 400 million cubic feet per day.[9] By Q3 of 2019, the wasted gas from this region alone almost doubled to 750 million cubic feet per day,[10] an amount more than capable of supplying the entire residential needs of the state.[11]
Yet the answer you seem to be providing is that we need more and more fracking, even if all we do is burn it off at the site.

"A person who holds an unshakable belief that most of his or her contemporaries consider to be false." Guilty as charged. When people realize I was right a along, that is a hell of a rush. In three instances Colorado changed legislation because of positions I have taken.

"making any rational debate a futile task and rendering them impervious to facts, evidence, and rational inference." For you rational debate is a spectator sport. I don't think you ever participated. ;)
Which probably makes it even sadder that you’ve devolved into this....an apologist for a corrupt clown.

Which probably makes it even sadder that you’ve devolved into this....an apologist for a corrupt clown.

do you sock puppets have a choice?

not like we see anything but party line from you and most others either.

at least Co is pro some gun regulation.

What are you babbling about this evening, e e cummings ?

i'll take that as a "no, we have no choice".

how sad to have to post someone else's agenda all the time.

not much difference between the Pub and Dem sock puppets.

when you speak truths they don't want to hear and they have nothing to refute you with, (which is often), they both too often play the personal insult card instead of being smart enough to just shut up, because they obviously have nothing.

instead of just being obviously defenseless, they prefer going for obviously defenseless plus an asshole, which isn't ever a good look.

Last edited:

Nah. I think your constant railing on Trump and his “supporters” is your way of virtue signaling.

Me? I call this impeachment profoundly unserious and is only a political op. A shabby one at that. The Dems know that neither Warren nor Sanders have a prayer and Biden is a political plowhorse who has a profoundly unremarkable decades-long career. And the Biden family corruption is just now starting to be exposed. Impeachment is the Dems only card.

Trump being a uncouth windbag won’t put lipstick in this impeachment pig.

And the Biden family corruption is just now starting to be exposed.
61knZTnUQwL._SX425_.jpg

Nah. I think your constant railing on Trump and his “supporters” is your way of virtue signaling.

Me? I call this impeachment profoundly unserious and is only a political op. A shabby one at that. The Dems know that neither Warren nor Sanders have a prayer and Biden is a political plowhorse who has a profoundly unremarkable decades-long career. And the Biden family corruption is just now starting to be exposed. Impeachment is the Dems only card.

Trump being a uncouth windbag won’t put lipstick in this impeachment pig.
It makes me very sad that you call yourself an attorney but either don’t understand obstruction of justice and interfering with elections or you just choose to ignore it. Because we all know a consensual sexual act is a totally serious investigation. But interference in our elections? Naw....can’t be serious.

It makes me very sad that you call yourself an attorney but either don’t understand obstruction of justice and interfering with elections or you just choose to ignore it. Because we all know a consensual sexual act is a totally serious investigation. But interference in our elections? Naw....can’t be serious.

I don’t need you to tell me what the standard of care is for an attorney. Moreover, you really don’t know what you are talking about. There is no obstruction of justice. Period. Congress is not a criminal justice agency.

No election interference happened. The facts upon which an obstruction might occur are moot.

Clinton wasn’t disbarred over consensual sex.

Did the Chinese interfere in '96?

I don’t need you to tell me what the standard of care is for an attorney. Moreover, you really don’t know what you are talking about. There is no obstruction of justice. Period. Congress is not a criminal justice agency.

No election interference happened. The facts upon which an obstruction might occur are moot.

Clinton wasn’t disbarred over consensual sex.

of course not.

LMAO

Wall St is pretty upset that anyone else would dare interfere with their deciding who gets elected and who doesn't.

next thing you know, outside forces will interfere with Wall St dictating how those they got elected, govern on everything economic.

our Wall Streetocracy is in danger.

just kidding.. no amount of outside meddling can dent Wall St's death grip on our entire govt.

our Wall Streetocracy is still safe.

our founding fathers can rest easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT