ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again: Russian military hacked Burisma searching for Biden dirt.

Of course...no one will care if the Russians, once again, are going to meddle in our elections. Sigh.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...50b2b0-366c-11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html

What's the point of national security if our nation doesn't care about the security of our own elections?

People care, just not republicans because they are the beneficiary of the meddling. As soon as it doesn’t benefit republicans, look out! It’ll be a full-on national security crisis and how could the democrats have ever let this happen.

I'm going to remember that the Deep State took a vacation long enough for the Republicans to fall in love with them again when the IC knew where Soleimani was. Now that the impeachment is back on the front burner the CIA is out to get Trump!

People care, just not republicans because they are the beneficiary of the meddling. As soon as it doesn’t benefit republicans, look out! It’ll be a full-on national security crisis and how could the democrats have ever let this happen.

Exactly. It's all about corruption. And when Putin puts together an accurate and unbiased report, he will gravely hand it over to the Trump campaign. They won't find anything, but the media will jump all over it like the Clinton server.

We live in the dumbest country in the world.

It’s great to know that the Russians are just as interested in fighting the corruption of the Bidens in Ukraine as Trump.

Exactly. It's all about corruption. And when Putin puts together an accurate and unbiased report, he will gravely hand it over to the Trump campaign. They won't find anything, but the media will jump all over it like the Clinton server.

We live in the dumbest country in the world.

I think Putin knows who his real friends are.

Each of the leading Democrat candidates are pushing a total U.S. fracking ban, a policy that Putin actively supports. Of course I'm not suggesting that there is active collusion between Putin and the Dems with our energy policy. But I do believe that the Dems position on banning fracking is, in part, the Dems response to fracking hysteria* that Putin and the Russians help perpetuate.

Putin has a personal financial interest in banning US fracking in addition to taking advantage of lower US oil and gas output for Russia's geopolitical and geoeconomic purposes.

Maybe we do live in the dumbest country of the world.

*Putin and the Dems fracking hysteria is easily demonstrated with this Putin gem:

"The fact is that today's technologies of shale oil and shale gas production are, without any exaggeration, barbaric and bad for the environment," Putin said. "In some areas of shale oil production, people get black slurry instead of tap water in their homes. We will never use such production technology, no matter how lucrative it may be."​

Reactions: Tacoll
Yes. The Republican Party. Nice company you keep.

Why do you want foreigners meddling in our free elections?

Each of the leading Democrat candidates are pushing a total U.S. fracking ban, a policy that Putin actively supports. Of course I'm not suggesting that there is active collusion between Putin and the Dems with our energy policy. But I do believe that the Dems position on banning fracking is, in part, the Dems response to fracking hysteria* that Putin and the Russians help perpetuate.

Putin has a personal financial interest in banning US fracking in addition to taking advantage of lower US oil and gas output for Russia's geopolitical and geoeconomic purposes.

*Putin and the Dems fracking hysteria is easily demonstrated with this Putin gem:

"The fact is that today's technologies of shale oil and shale gas production are, without any exaggeration, barbaric and bad for the environment," Putin said. "In some areas of shale oil production, people get black slurry instead of tap water in their homes. We will never use such production technology, no matter how lucrative it may be."​

Reactions: Bill4411

Sure, that’s why every single thing he does helps Trump and the Republicans and actively hurts Democrats. Do you even believe the stuff you post these days? It seems like you are just provoking, because you can’t sincerely believe all of this nonsense.

I don’t know what you are talking about. But I do know that a fracking ban is a clown-car stupid Democratic position which Putin encourages.
You pick one issue out and ignore the abundance of evidence presented otherwise. Sure you don’t know what he’s talking about.

Why on earth do we care what Putin thinks of our energy policy? We’re letting him determine that for us too now?

You are losing it in a hurry...and you’re doing d like you’re so desperate to put together a story...any story...that can justify your sudden affection for our greatEST geopolitical foe. Former head of the KGB, Vlad Putin.

You’re a real patriot.

I don’t know what you are talking about. But I do know that a fracking ban is a clown-car stupid Democratic position which Putin encourages.

Sure, that’s why every single thing he does helps Trump and the Republicans and actively hurts Democrats. Do you even believe the stuff you post these days? It seems like you are just provoking, because you can’t sincerely believe all of this nonsense.

Well, have you considered that Putin is snooping Burisma for material with which to blackmail Biden? Putin reads polls too and Biden leads all Dems and Trump.

Why on earth do we care what Putin thinks of our energy policy? We’re letting him determine that for us too now?

You are losing it in a hurry...and you’re doing d like you’re so desperate to put together a story...any story...that can justify your sudden affection for our greatEST geopolitical foe. Former head of the KGB, Vlad Putin.

You’re a real patriot.

Are you that stubborn? I know, stupid question. Putin is influencing those who support a fracking ban. Putin’s efforts in that regard are clear and undisputed. Fracking is a huge danger to him personally and to Russia.

You pick one issue out and ignore the abundance of evidence presented otherwise. Sure you don’t know what he’s talking about.

The fracking issue is the elephant in the room about energy, economics, balance of payments, and more. The availability and price if energy is vital to making America Great Again! Trump understands that. Putin understands that. The clown-car Democrats don’t get it.

There is about a 0.01% chance that fracking will be banned if a democrat wins the presidency. The reason that coal is dying is not because of any of the environmental restrictions being added / lifted to their industry, it is because fracking has provided a cheaper and more efficient option to consumers and coal is losing their energy-producing market share because of it. Given the choice between fracking's environmental impact compared to coal, any green liberal should take fracking every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
While the ultimate democrat goal is to eventually get to a 100% renewable energy supply, we do not have that capability yet. As renewable energy technology increases, the fossil fuel use will lessen, but it can't be done overnight. It has to happen over the course of about 50 to 100 years to 1) handle the peaks and valleys of energy consumption and 2) give time for the engineers, technicians, supply chains, workers, and construction companies to transition out of the coal / gas industry to the renewable energy industry. Banning fracking outright would leave a gap in energy production that would be filled right back up by coal-use because the infrastructure to do so is already there.

Reactions: hoosboot
There is about a 0.01% chance that fracking will be banned if a democrat wins the presidency. The reason that coal is dying is not because of any of the environmental restrictions being added / lifted to their industry, it is because fracking has provided a cheaper and more efficient option to consumers and coal is losing their energy-producing market share because of it. Given the choice between fracking's environmental impact compared to coal, any green liberal should take fracking every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
While the ultimate democrat goal is to eventually get to a 100% renewable energy supply, we do not have that capability yet. As renewable energy technology increases, the fossil fuel use will lessen, but it can't be done overnight. It has to happen over the course of about 50 to 100 years to 1) handle the peaks and valleys of energy consumption and 2) give time for the engineers, technicians, supply chains, workers, and construction companies to transition out of the coal industry to the renewable energy industry. Banning fracking outright would leave a gap in energy production that would be filled right back up by coal-use because the infrastructure to do so is already there.

Don’t kid yourself. Colorado had a ballot initiative that would have effectively banned fracking through onerous regulation; it lost about 2:1. Now that Colorado is run by Dems, the ban is back on the table through legislation and rule making.

Each leading Dem has promised to ban fracking on “Day 1”. Given the awesome power of federal government rule making these days, it is entirely possible for that promise to be fulfilled. This is scary.

Abd you guys really wonder why your incessant criticism of all things GOP has no credibility? Really?

if you have a logical and scientific case to make supporting a fracking ban, make it. Then we can see who really agrees with Putin.

Credibility? That's hilarious coming from you. Again, you lied in your earlier post. You should apologize, but you won't. Very Trump like...

Don’t kid yourself. Colorado had a ballot initiative that would have effectively banned fracking through onerous regulation; it lost about 2:1. Now that Colorado is run by Dems, the ban is back on the table through legislation and rule making.

Each leading Dem has promised to ban fracking on “Day 1”. Given the awesome power of federal government rule making these days, it is entirely possible for that promise to be fulfilled. This is scary.

If you lived outside of town and they wanted to start fracking nearby, would you support it? Rex Tillerson didn't when he was CEO of Exxon, though he blamed it on the water tower. But water is critical to fracking, so I don't see how you can separate the two.

Nuclear power and refineries are similar. I don't want to live next to a refinery, I wouldn't invite a nuclear power plant next door either.

Reactions: baileyiu

1) For Colorado: the measure on the 2018 ballot was to increase the distance that a fracking well could be located from 500 feet to 2500 feet from any homes / schools / major water sources. Would that "hurt" the industry? Slightly, but that would not kill the Colorado fracking industry.

2) Fracking is a multi-billion dollar industry. You can't kill that overnight. The leading democrats who declare that they are going to ban it would be committing political suicide if they actually enacted it. Fracking has created 1.7 million jobs. No president can survive putting that many people out of a job and expect to ever be reelected. Maybe I have more faith than you, but somebody will get in their ear and talk them out of it. It's the exact same thing as the green new deal. It's a lovely idea, but you'll notice that it was pretty much killed by the reasonable democrats.

3) Now, with all that said, I have no doubt that one of those candidates could enact legislation that would regulate fracking to a level that would make it unprofitable, thus giving it a slow death. You could enforce minimum distances like the Colorado failed proposal, enact minimum requirements for drill casing and protections, increase insurance payout requirements if any accidents happen....things of that nature. I could see those things happening, but a ban outright would be a disaster instantly.

Last edited:

This isn’t true of the fracking ban. That’s dishonest. Several stated they view it as a transition energy to renewables. Truth matters

1) For Colorado: the measure on the 2018 ballot was to increase the distance that a fracking well could be located from 500 feet to 2500 feet from any homes / schools / major water sources. Would that "hurt" the industry? Slightly, but that would not kill the Colorado fracking industry.

2) Fracking is a multi-billion dollar industry. You can't kill that overnight. The leading democrats who declare that they are going to ban it would be committing political suicide if they actually enacted it. Fracking has created 1.7 million jobs. No president can survive putting that many people out of a job and expect to ever be reelected. Maybe I have more faith than you, but somebody will get in their ear and talk them out of it. It's the exact same thing as the green new deal. It's a lovely idea, but you'll notice that it was pretty much killed by the reasonable democrats.

3) Now, with all that said, I have no doubt that one of those candidates could enact legislation that would regulate fracking to a level that would make it unprofitable, thus giving it a slow death. You could enforce minimum distances like the Colorado failed proposal, enact minimum requirements for drill casing and protections, increase insurance payout requirements if any accidents happen....things of that nature. I could see those things happening, but a ban outright would be a disaster instantly.
These facts that quickly dispel his argument will be ignored and/or the goalposts will soon be moved. It’s what he does.

This isn’t true of the fracking ban. That’s dishonest. Several stated they view it as a transition energy to renewables. Truth matters
We keep saying that it does, but time and time again, from Trump on down to COH, we find it doesn't. That's the frightening thing about the times we find ourselves in.

Reactions: Circlejoe
We keep saying that it does, but time and time again, from Trump on down to COH, we find it doesn't. That's the frightening thing about the times we find ourselves in.

Exactly! The truth seems less important. It should matter to everyone that our POTUS lies every day. The lies are not simple white lies or exaggerations. The lies are strategic in support of his re-election. And those lies are ignored or supported by other elected leaders. Winning an election is what matters.

If you lived outside of town and they wanted to start fracking nearby, would you support it? Rex Tillerson didn't when he was CEO of Exxon, though he blamed it on the water tower. But water is critical to fracking, so I don't see how you can separate the two.

Nuclear power and refineries are similar. I don't want to live next to a refinery, I wouldn't invite a nuclear power plant next door either.
There's always candles and a pitcher pump

If they came to frack just over your property line, would you have no issues whatsoever? It seems most people, including Tillerson, do.
It’s a bit of a disingenuous and loaded question isn’t it? Nearly all fracking in my neck of the woods takes place in remote and low-populated areas. By nature of a property line being a line, of course someone can frack next to it. The key is how far the dwelling and affected homes may be located. And again, from what i I see, the only homes near the wells are the ones in which the homeowners are making beaucoup bucks by leasing rights.

It’s a bit of a disingenuous and loaded question isn’t it? Nearly all fracking in my neck of the woods takes place in remote and low-populated areas. By nature of a property line being a line, of course someone can frack next to it. The key is how far the dwelling and affected homes may be located. And again, from what i I see, the only homes near the wells are the ones in which the homeowners are making beaucoup bucks by leasing rights.

That and fracking is temporary.

Prove it.

Prove that you're no better than Trump? You do a fine job of that every day CO. If you're asking about the major candidate's views on fracking, it's a very easy Google search. Warren and Sanders hold the toughest views on fracking. Biden, Mayor Pete, and Amy have moderate views that support regulations and oversight.

ADVERTISEMENT