ADVERTISEMENT

Here comes a delay in the "early draft"

HoosierBacker

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
Fishers, IN
I hated my 4th round position all along and my fears have come true. I only saw 2 teams as "no-brainer" and/or "clearly a step ahead of their conference": Butler and Memphis. I had decided IU was good enough that I'd let myopia rule the day and draft them. Well with those 3 off the books I don't know what I'm going to do. As I told CJ off-line I tyically don't do my in-depth research until a few days before the draft. So I'll need to do more looking before I'm prepared to make my pick and with the holiday coming up I'm not sure when I'll get around to that. In all liklihood my pick won't be made until sometime middle of next week.

We know you want UAB.

Just get the charade over with.

But seriously, your delay makes sense to me. I think I know who I'd pick in your position, but I'd probably second guess it to death.

This throws a wrench in your candidacy to be VP of the early draft

movement. I'm not mad at you. The voters may be, but I'm not.

I took the Clinton route and flip-flopped to appease the voters

I've been a champion all my life of the early draft and I think my record speaks for itself. I'm used to battling the vast OTF forum conspiracy. I have the experience that is needed to not learn on the job but rather step in and lead from day 1 next year with the early draft. I think the last thing the roto draft needs is another year of the Satch/Peegs type of late draft thinking.

Made my choice for 12-5 based on tradition...

..more than anything else. I got no problem with the draft being early, and will pick shortly after my turn becomes available.

Like I said earlier, these early results screw me up as much as anything (although VCU last year was a great pick based off early results). I pick more bad than good teams based off early games, so I'm better off if we go early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT