ADVERTISEMENT

Help me figure this out...

mk23

Senior
Dec 7, 2005
We sit at 28-20 overall but only 9-10 in conference with an RPI of 51 and we are competing for the 7 seed in the B1G Tourney. All that is fine and I know we've been playing much better of late. My mid-season concerns about the direction of the program have been mostly allayed.

My question is what do we really have to accomplish in the conf tournament to get invited to the ncaa?

Probably have to win it

I don't think that's the case. It'll be interesting to see what the mock brackets look like this week, but we're hovering on being in, so as long as we don't screw the pooch against Ball State and win at least 2 of 3 from OSU, then I think winning 1 or 2 games in the B1G might get us in as a 3 seed ina regional.

I don't think that's the case. It'll be interesting to see what the mock brackets look like this week, but we're hovering on being in, so as long as we don't screw the pooch against Ball State and win at least 2 of 3 from OSU, then I think winning 1 or 2 games in the B1G might get us in as a 3 seed ina regional.

If we handle Ball st, and take 2 of 3 vs OSU (currently #24 in RPI) we may not need a win in the big tournament. IU is currently #51 in RPI, and they have 11 wins vs top 50 RPI opponents. The resume is good, and our conference RPI #7 looks good too. If this week goes well, 1-2 in the Big tourney and we are in. But there is a chance we may not need a tournament win.

This seems pretty awesome given where we were a few weeks ago. I'd like to see us finish so strong there is no way they can leave us out. Go Hoosiers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT