ADVERTISEMENT

Help from any Doctors out there... Collar Bone break

patrick593

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 12, 2007
Columbus, OH
My 36 yr old brother is an avid Mtn. Biker (almost went pro) and was out reliving his youth this weekend when this happened:
CHBpDvtUQAAjJl5.jpg

The Docs are telling him that he needs a plate but can't get him in for 2 weeks... 2 weeks... Is it me or does that seem really long ways away for something that looks pretty damn severe.

He posed the question on facebook whether or not that was normal. Lots of responses that unless its to reduce swelling that's a long time.

Was hoping someone on here is a doctor, or at least stayed in a holiday inn express last night...

Thanks in Advance

My 36 yr old brother is an avid Mtn. Biker (almost went pro) and was out reliving his youth this weekend when this happened:
CHBpDvtUQAAjJl5.jpg

The Docs are telling him that he needs a plate but can't get him in for 2 weeks... 2 weeks... Is it me or does that seem really long ways away for something that looks pretty damn severe.

He posed the question on facebook whether or not that was normal. Lots of responses that unless its to reduce swelling that's a long time.

Was hoping someone on here is a doctor, or at least stayed in a holiday inn express last night...

Thanks in Advance
Genital herpes? How awful.

Broke mine three times. They were just minimal fractures, that looks like a jigsaw puzzle. Yeah they'll want to plate that.

2 Weeks, Where Does He Live? Any Urban Areas Around? If He Is Near An Urban Area Go To A Different ER.

If NoSigns Of Infection It Can Wait Some, But Question Is Why Should It Have To Wait?

2 Weeks, Where Does He Live? Any Urban Areas Around? If He Is Near An Urban Area Go To A Different ER.

If NoSigns Of Infection It Can Wait Some, But Question Is Why Should It Have To Wait?
Seattle... He said he's got some good painkillers but I think they're looking around to see if they can get him in somewhere sooner
2 weeks from a job perspective is rough. Hard to get much done typing with one hand hopped up on Percocet

2 Weeks Just Delays The Recovery Time.
If No Issues The It Wont Be That Big Of A Deal.

Just Watch For Signs Of Infection (Swellng, Redness, Pain, Puss, Warmth To The Touch)

Signs Of Infection Need To Be Addressed Immediately.

2 Weeks Just Delays The Recovery Time.
If No Issues The It Wont Be That Big Of A Deal.

Just Watch For Signs Of Infection (Swellng, Redness, Pain, Puss, Warmth To The Touch)

Signs Of Infection Need To Be Addressed Immediately.
Thanks... Just happened yesterday. I'm sure he's watching it, I think he's just super bummed he has to go the next 2 weeks with that mess

can he get a scrip for medical mj, to ease the pain?
if not, maybe he should consult with Devin D.

CHBpDvtUQAAjJl5.jpg

Thanks in Advance
6ae9c583a02a177ebe37e475ae3ea49c.jpg

CHBpDvtUQAAjJl5.jpg

Thanks in Advance
I broke my collar bone when I was 10. Mine was a complete break, but at least there weren't splinters and look like a jigsaw puzzle. There is no way I would wait two weeks. That is ridiculous. I would see a different doctor or go to another hospital. Hopefully his insurance will cover him at another hospital.

He needs to be firm and not take no for an answer. My wife was asked to wait 3 months to see a doctor. After explaining that she was really in discomfort, they got her in at 8:00 the next day. I was shocked, happy, and then a little pissed by the sudden availability of the doctor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT