ADVERTISEMENT

Helluva game there Reds fans . . .

Im 35... barely recall 90 ws run... recall 92 iu final 4... attended 02 iu title game... also bengals fan... what im getting at is most of my sports life has been agonizing. Do the Reds have 1st and third... 1 out again? Lol

. . . 21 strikeouts by Reds pitchers . . . can't ask for much more than that. 1 run in 13 innings . . . and 12 scoreless. Some seriously historic work there by Reds pitchers . . . .

Well, Bauer was a beast and will be the NL's Cy Young winner.

But the Reds have been so anemic at the plate this year. Look at all the guys hitting .220-.230.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Braves shut them out again tomorrow. And, Freddie Freeman can play on my team any day of the week.

Not going to lie ... that hurt ... real bad like.
Not going to lie ... that hurt ... real bad like.
Being a Braves fan since ‘58 I’ve seen the good seasons and bad seasons. A lot of good games and a whole lot of bad games. But this game was really painful to watch as the ‘K’raves were swinging at anything and everything and a lot of times you could guess what pitch Bauer was going to throw. Not taking anything away from him as he is very good and deserves the CYA but the ‘K’raves seem to always swing for the fence. This was one game they were lucky to win and didn’t deserve to.

Reactions: IUAPEX
Having lived in both cities I’ve always said Reds fans have a little brother mentality to the Cards.
Cards were never a factor for most of my formative baseball years. They were in the East and the Reds were in the West. Hated the Dodgers with a passion though, unless they were playing the Yankees.

Cards were never a factor for most of my formative baseball years. They were in the East and the Reds were in the West. Hated the Dodgers with a passion though, unless they were playing the Yankees.
Just for some context how old are you? When did the Cards/Reds join the same division? I honestly don't know. I suppose I could ask google but that's no fun.

I'm 52. The Central Division was formed in 94. That was the year the strike cancelled the World series and I lost interest in baseball since they'd obviously lost interest in the fans. I've only recently (last 5 years) begun to watch again, but mostly just Reds games.

Reactions: IUAPEX
I'm 52. The Central Division was formed in 94. That was the year the strike cancelled the World series and I lost interest in baseball since they'd obviously lost interest in the fans. I've only recently (last 5 years) begun to watch again, but mostly just Reds games.
I'm 46. I think I remember that year because my team was the Expos and I believe they were in 1st place and maybe the best team in baseball that year. I could be wrong. Being an Expos fan was tough, but they had some great players coming up through the Indianapolis Indians farm system. (Delino DeShields, Marquiss Grissom, etc.)

Being a Braves fan since ‘58 I’ve seen the good seasons and bad seasons. A lot of good games and a whole lot of bad games. But this game was really painful to watch as the ‘K’raves were swinging at anything and everything and a lot of times you could guess what pitch Bauer was going to throw. Not taking anything away from him as he is very good and deserves the CYA but the ‘K’raves seem to always swing for the fence. This was one game they were lucky to win and didn’t deserve to.
'57 for me, from when my dad was employed by the Braves in that fall as a pilot to fly their management to minor league locations. Braves beat the Yanks that year, only to lose to the Yanks in '58. I've hated the Yankees ever since then.

Dodger fan here. There was nothing better in baseball than those Dodgers/Reds matchups in the 70s.
Without a doubt those were the best to me too, even into the 80s when the Reds were down. They were both always fighting for the pennant and it seemed like it was always close.

Reactions: 13thman
That was a brutal dose of reality. Hopefully we can score some runs next year. Unfortunately, we'll probably trade away our pitching to do it.

• Sad
Reactions: outside shooter
That was a brutal dose of reality. Hopefully we can score some runs next year. Unfortunately, we'll probably trade away our pitching to do it.
I went to high school and played baseball with Reds pitching coach Derek Johnson. While all of us jacked around on bus rides to and from games, he was usually up front picking the brain of our head coach who was pretty sharp for a high school coach.

Derek is strong pitching coach. A late after the fact lesson that maybe I should have been less of a jack off in high school. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT