ADVERTISEMENT

Helicopters flying overhead at 1:30 in the morning

IU_Cramer

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2001
Woke up last night to the sound of police helicopters buzzing the neighborhood. Checked the twitter machine and realized that the authorities had cornered the main suspect in the Austin Bombings at a hotel off the exit of I-35 that leads to our neighborhood. This after I had just talked to some people back home about how all this was happening south of us, and there wasn't really any indication that it would affect our neighborhood. Well played universe, well-played.

Woke up last night to the sound of police helicopters buzzing the neighborhood. Checked the twitter machine and realized that the authorities had cornered the main suspect in the Austin Bombings at a hotel off the exit of I-35 that leads to our neighborhood. This after I had just talked to some people back home about how all this was happening south of us, and there wasn't really any indication that it would affect our neighborhood. Well played universe, well-played.

Do you live in Round Rock? My wife interviewed for a job in Hutto, but I’m not sure we would move up there if they offer it to her. Partly depends on the pay. Quite a jump in cost of living.

Glad he is no longer a problem for y’all

Wow! That is too close.

It is good that technology allows police to track someone like this down.

Helicopters flying overhead at 1:30 in the morning, is a good opening line for a song, eh?
Get busy writing!

Reactions: IU_Cramer
Do you live in Round Rock? My wife interviewed for a job in Hutto, but I’m not sure we would move up there if they offer it to her. Partly depends on the pay. Quite a jump in cost of living.

Yes. Lived in the Austin area since '04, been in Round Rock since '09. Lots of things have changed in those years. The area is growing like crazy. Cost of living has increased since we first moved down here. When we first moved, it was very comparable to the Indianapolis area. Now I'm sure it's probably a bit higher.

Wow! That is too close.

It is good that technology allows police to track someone like this down.

Technology was definitely a big piece of it, but the biggest break came when the guy decided it would be a good idea to go into a FedEx store to ship a couple of his packages. The guy basically got himself caught through his missteps.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Yes. Lived in the Austin area since '04, been in Round Rock since '09. Lots of things have changed in those years. The area is growing like crazy. Cost of living has increased since we first moved down here. When we first moved, it was very comparable to the Indianapolis area. Now I'm sure it's probably a bit higher.

It quite a bit higher than the Rio Grande Valley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT