ADVERTISEMENT

Healthcare Workers - from "heroes" to villians?

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015

HC workers refusal to believe in science puts them in a rare group that is going to enhance the negative effects of COVID, instead of improving outcomes. They are failing to reassure public trust in science and medicine, are putting others at risk through spread and potentially exacerbating supply and demand issues related to hospitalizations and medical treatment.

HC workers refusal to believe in science puts them in a rare group that is going to enhance the negative effects of COVID, instead of improving outcomes. They are failing to reassure public trust in science and medicine, are putting others at risk through spread and potentially exacerbating supply and demand issues related to hospitalizations and medical treatment.
No doubt this is occurring. That's why I am for opening it up to everyone.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

So be it. They’ll get covid instead and survive with immunity or succumb.

Does make one wonder if the vaccine should be obligatory for certain jobs though because the collateral damage in senior care facilities is the opposite of senior care.

I think that all COVID situation makes people have lots of doubt, which is natural and okay. Even this vaccine raises many questions and uncertainties. Usually, vaccines develop in 2 or more years, this one less than a year. Generally, I am happy that medicine improves so fast. However, it doesn't make people trust it more. I also read about FHIR integration. I believe this would be an enormous step into healthcare development. Anyway, this field has now many gaps, and, commonly, people do not have full confidence.

Last edited:
So be it. They’ll get covid instead and survive with immunity or succumb.

Does make one wonder if the vaccine should be obligatory for certain jobs though because the collateral damage in senior care facilities is the opposite of senior care.
I started working from home a week before they had all of us go remote. This was due to a guy telling someone who sits close to me that covid was just the flu, while hacking and coughing. I told my boss I wasn't getting sick because of someone else's stupidity. He'd be one of those not getting the vaccine, assuming the asshat is still alive. If and when they decide to bring us back my next conversation will be about those who passed on the vaccine and how they plan on managing our interactions with them.
In reality I'll probably never go back into the office. If they bring us back I'll just retire.

I started working from home a week before they had all of us go remote. This was due to a guy telling someone who sits close to me that covid was just the flu, while hacking and coughing. I told my boss I wasn't getting sick because of someone else's stupidity. He'd be one of those not getting the vaccine, assuming the asshat is still alive. If and when they decide to bring us back my next conversation will be about those who passed on the vaccine and how they plan on managing our interactions with them.
In reality I'll probably never go back into the office. If they bring us back I'll just retire.
Smart.

what percent of healthcare workers do you think haven't been bitten by the virus yet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT