ADVERTISEMENT

HBO: Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

I knew you were against

the drugs but I never related it to being a scientologist because I can see how someone can be against using those drugs (even though I disagree with that opinion). I don't remember it being a tirade either when you were arguing with Gergs.

Admit to?

I embrace it; some of my best work.
wink.r191677.gif

And I was wrong earlier . . . you are that crazy . . . .

This post was edited on 4/3 10:08 AM by Sope Creek

Sorry about that.

Neal. Wish I could blame my sclerosis but it's just another of my imperfections. I'm surprised that some of my well-wishers expect perfection from me...

Too busy to lurk here much. Mostly just come in a fit of melancholy.

Good to hear from you

I have had a friend heavily into hypnosis. He would try to hypnotize us, back in the college days. I am not sure what I learned, but he wasn't necessarily going for perfect memory. I would have no problem with scientists doing a controlled experiment on this. In fact, I encourage experiments in things I don't accept. For example, the TV series West Wing once discussed the idea of a grant to study if prayer helps sick people. The administration on the show opposed it. I frankly doubt in a double-blind experiment we would see anything, but I actually would favor funding of such.

So I'd be all for funding for hypnosis.

I do tend to demand some proof, any proof. An example would be meditation. I never saw much need at it, but there are studies showing that it may help. So I've started reading the studies, and books on how to meditate. One should follow the science.

While you could get me to agree that we are over medicated, at current I am skeptical there are better options. But if you ever see a study, please come here and post it. I'm always interested in such.

Maybe I didn't ask you, maybe I just assumed you were. I thought I did.

Take care.

Hypnosis

can be very dangerous. I'm glad you suffered no unfortunate consequences. I'd stay far away from it.

My point was that the basic individual was accessible and in that state had such a memory. In other words, the capability is there. The heightened memory doesn't last outside of the hypnotic trance more than a few days at most, as far as I've heard, and can have really bad consequences if the practitioner doesn't know what he's doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT