ADVERTISEMENT

Haven't listened to it yet but I noticed that Dakich had Crean on his show today

nafdu1984

Benchwarmer
Feb 23, 2008
Anyone think that is kind of a big F U to Archie? Guessing Dakich and Miller are not too terribly fond of each other since Archie never does his show...

By the way, in the podcast description it had this quote from Crean on the differences at Georgia as opposed to IU:

"There was no comparison. We didn't have to go through the locker room and look for things to be confiscated as you did and as we did and things like that...we walked into a much different situation."

What the hell? Didn't Crean recruit the kids that he did at Indiana? Just reminds me again how glad I am he's gone.

Anyone think that is kind of a big F U to Archie? Guessing Dakich and Miller are not too terribly fond of each other since Archie never does his show...

By the way, in the podcast description it had this quote from Crean on the differences at Georgia as opposed to IU:

"There was no comparison. We didn't have to go through the locker room and look for things to be confiscated as you did and as we did and things like that...we walked into a much different situation."

What the hell? Didn't Crean recruit the kids that he did at Indiana? Just reminds me again how glad I am he's gone.
My bet is he was speaking of the kids Dakich had to finish the interim season with...and then Crean decided to kick those same kids out of the program when he took over...and that was a TOTAL REBUILD...

Reactions: Timmy Mac
My bet is he was speaking of the kids Dakich had to finish the interim season with...and then Crean decided to kick those same kids out of the program when he took over...and that was a TOTAL REBUILD...

Yes that was an actual rebuild.

Oh okay gotcha. I wonder again if having Crean on his show was a little bit of an attempt by Dakich to rub Miller's nose in it a little bit, after Georgia just beat Memphis and then IU with the embarrassing performance at Maryland. Would love to know the back story as to why Miller never appears on Dakich's show.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryano
If you really reflect on that for a minute...that took some absolute BALLS!

Say what you want abt personality quirks, orange skin, kiss his son etc...but to walk in, tell every damn player, but Kyle Tabor, to GTFO...
How can IU not forever respect a coach like that - the university faithful that praise Bob Knight!?!??

Most coaches would pick the biggest turd in the bowl - kick him out - and that would be the fall guy to make a statement to the rest...

Say what you want abt personality quirks, orange skin, kiss his son etc...but to walk in, tell every damn player, but Kyle Tabor, to GTFO...
How can IU not forever respect a coach like that - the university faithful that praise Bob Knight!?!??

Most coaches would pick the biggest turd in the bowl - kick him out - and that would be the fall guy to make a statement to the rest...
Well said. Crean deserves credit for being a clean coach. He knows almost nothing about the game, but he is morally sound.

Reactions: justjames
Oh okay gotcha. I wonder again if having Crean on his show was a little bit of an attempt by Dakich to rub Miller's nose in it a little bit, after Georgia just beat Memphis and then IU with the embarrassing performance at Maryland. Would love to know the back story as to why Miller never appears on Dakich's show.
I don't think crean was ever on his show either while being the iu coach.

Miller probably didn't care for Dakich's take on his hiring...which was they shouldn't have fired Crean, but since they did they should have hired Alford. That was in year 1.

Then, in year 2, Dakich was fairly critical of Miller and especially his staff...

Whether DD was right or wrong, you couldn't seriously expect Miller to be like "oh, yeah, we're cool" after that.

(Incidentally, my take is: DD is wrong on Crean, wrong on Alford, wait and see on Miller, Flint, and Ostrom)

He kicked players off in the same way that I told Kate Upton I wouldn't sleep with her.

Ellis and Thomas quit after Sampson left.

Crean tried like hell to keep Bassett, Crawford and Holman...they all told him no thanks.

He tried to re-recruit Ebanks and Holloway and they said no thanks. Pritchard and Roth still came in that class.

Anyway, this is one of several reasons why I didn't like Crean. He's a classic narcissist that tries to re-write history in his favor. There's always some conspiracy involved for his failings.

Miller probably didn't care for Dakich's take on his hiring...which was they shouldn't have fired Crean, but since they did they should have hired Alford. That was in year 1.

Then, in year 2, Dakich was fairly critical of Miller and especially his staff...

Whether DD was right or wrong, you couldn't seriously expect Miller to be like "oh, yeah, we're cool" after that.

(Incidentally, my take is: DD is wrong on Crean, wrong on Alford, wait and see on Miller, Flint, and Ostrom)
Bruiser...

He kicked players off in the same way that I told Kate Upton I wouldn't sleep with her.

Crean tried like hell to keep Bassett, Crawford and Holman...they all told him no thanks.

He tried to re-recruit Ebanks and Holloway and they said no thanks. Pritchard and Roth still came in that class.

Anyway, this is one of several reasons why I didn't like Crean. He's a classic narcissist that tries to re-write history in his favor. There's always some conspiracy involved for his failings.
so the kid shattered a potted plant towards the lady in the office because Crean begged him to stay?

Well said. Crean deserves credit for being a clean coach. He knows almost nothing about the game, but he is morally sound.
Dude ....

So, ugh the assistant who went to Louisville was clean while he was at IU but not when he got to Louisville? So, the assistant who worked for Cal and was involved with Rose was clean at IU but not at Memphis? So, Troy Williams and the agent he signed with, who was dirty, was for some reason not dirty, when it came to Troy Williams? Thomas Bryant? Troy Williams? They had handlers. So when we hired Crean and the media had the "candid coaches" vote on the dirtiest coaches in basketball and he was on it? That was just ...them being jealous of his "success"? Is there something in the water in Bloomington that purifies the soul?

Last edited:
I hate to even admit I miss Crean but Archie won’t ever sniff a Big title and Crean somehow pulled 2. Crean did pretty much exactly what he did at Marquette. I’ll give him that. We got what we all expected and knew what was coming. Can’t say that about Arch. Total egg with him.

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
I hate to even admit I miss Crean but Archie won’t ever sniff a Big title and Crean somehow pulled 2. Crean did pretty much exactly what he did at Marquette. I’ll give him that. We got what we all expected and knew what was coming. Can’t say that about Arch. Total egg with him.
I like Crean a lot. But it was time to reach for a higher ceiling and a higher floor.
Archie was a ‘can’t miss’ hire that any school would have given a shot.

However, it hasnt worked out. It isnt going to next year either. New AD will hopefully have someone in mind, and negotiate a fresh start for Archie(which he may welcome) and the basketball program w a new head coach he brings in.

I like Crean a lot. But it was time to reach for a higher ceiling and a higher floor.
Archie was a ‘can’t miss’ hire that any school would have given a shot.

However, it hasnt worked out. It isnt going to next year either. New AD will hopefully have someone in mind, and negotiate a fresh start for Archie(which he may welcome) and the basketball program w a new head coach he brings in.

Crean did the dirty work few were willing to do. I’ll give him that. Certain guys actually improved under his watch. I don’t see that now. The X’s and O’s were bad...and we knew that coming in.

We’re just another program with a large budget. We’ve tried 4 methods and they all haven’t worked out. Nobody elite is walking through that door. We’ve tried to woo them and they’ve all said no. We are what we are now.

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo

Ding, Ding Ding, Bingo!!! He had a hand in creating his first 3 crap years here

Dude ....

So, ugh the assistant who went to Louisville was clean while he was at IU but not when he got to Louisville? So, the assistant who worked for Cal and was involved with Rose was clean at IU but not at Memphis? So, Troy Williams and the agent he signed with, who was dirty, was for some reason not dirty, when it came to Troy Williams? Thomas Bryant? Troy Williams? They had handlers. So when we hired Crean and the media had the "candid coaches" vote on the dirtiest coaches in basketball and he was on it? That was just ...them being jealous of his "success"? Is there something in the water in Bloomington that purifies the soul?
The same posters on here saying Crean was clean are also those amazed at how well he's recruiting at Georgia. It's only amazing if he's actually clean, which he isn't.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...eived-to-be-the-biggest-cheater-in-the-sport/

I wonder whatever happened to Ellis and Thomas. Never heard a word about them after that.

Dude ....

He really sucked at cheating that’s all I can say, what did he pay Grant Gelon free Xbox gift cards

Now Crean cheats you people are unreal
Well, victimtroll, it's not that he just cheats "now," it's that he's been doing it for some time. Including his time at IU.

They article was from 2012. Maybe the other coaches just don't know or maybe they were just jealous of his single good season at IU. There sure are a lot of "coincidences" of former assistants getting caught for cheating later on. But sure, he was clean.

You guys are funny as hell...

Do any of you recall the Arizona accusations?
And Cousin Cal?

Trying to link Crean to cheating...maybe those guys left the program bc Crean wouldnt put up w or allow what they were wanting to do...

Well, victimtroll, it's not that he just cheats "now," it's that he's been doing it for some time. Including his time at IU.

They article was from 2012. Maybe the other coaches just don't know or maybe they were just jealous of his single good season at IU. There sure are a lot of "coincidences" of former assistants getting caught for cheating later on. But sure, he was clean.
I laugh at the belief of clean recruiting at a power five school or most D1 name teams in general. . Beilein may have been clean as he claims. The chances his assistants and players were also are probably pretty low.

This isn't chump change being thrown around - it's not 100 dollar handshakes anymore - the amounts played with are more than most assistants salaries and for the players more than their parents make in a year. When it was stated by one of the investigators as "anyone who recruited a pro prospect" .. I don't think he was being hyperbolas.

Then considering teams like Creighton, Utah and Notre Dame were mentioned... and you realize that that some of those players being paid for weren't really that highly rated, as they were on the other side of one and done, and considered prospects.

Now Crean cheats you people are unreal
I think Crean was basically clean, but when the atmosphere changed around him he chose to stay clean and not the pay for play stuff … hence our string of academic and drug problems under him, stuff that was never supposed to happen again, but did, but he wouldn't play the game because he said he would be clean here. I suspect he was, not paying, but he'd recruit problems that didn't haven't have the talent or the right to ask for it.

As much as I despise his brand of "basketball", if you can call it that, I actually think he probably held true to that and hence his demise, when you can't keep up with the big boys that get away with it. That's not to say I want him back or ever want to see that shit ball being played in AH again, but I do not think he was a cheat, especially after his ridiculous unwarranted tirade against that Michigan Asst. that probably had nothing to do with any cheating going on here at the time.

Accepting a bad culture, you could have blamed that guy for, what do you want him to do, quit?. Ruining the program, I think not. Crean half-self ruined the program again after he'd built it back up to the top. Hypocrite, unless he knew of something under that guy's watch he should have reported then, but he was an asst.

No love lost on Tan Man here. And I really don't wish him good luck, he left it about as bad as where he found it and created that to some extent. Archie deserved a better start, given that he was following another 3.5 M guy that left the cupboard bare, but I'm sure it's not like he didn't know this going in. So, in the world of one and done's and branding, if he can't get any traction after 3 years … in a basketball fanatical state, the state's most historic program again eager for success and supportive that it may take a year or two, excited about Crean gone, and with plenty of PT to go around we are reduced to starting mostly Crean recruits in year 3 and getting ready to be historically bad ... that's on Archie.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I think Crean was basically clean, but when the atmosphere changed around him he chose to stay clean and not the pay for play stuff … hence our string of academic and drug problems under him, stuff that was never supposed to happen again, but did, but he wouldn't play the game because he said he would be clean here. He'd recruit problems that didn't haven't have the talent or the right to ask for it.

As much as I despise his brand of "basketball", if you can call it that, I actually think he probably held true to that and hence his demise, when you can't keep up with the big boys that get away with it. That's not to say I want him back or ever want to see that shit ball being played in AH again, but I do not think he was a cheat, especially after his ridiculous unwarranted tirade against that Michigan Asst. that probably had nothing to do with any cheating going on here. Accepting a bad culture, you could have blamed that guy for. Ruining the program, I think not. Crean half self ruined the program again after he'd built it back up to the top. Hypocrite, unless he knew of something under his watch he should have reported. No love lost on Tan Man here.
Hell...I guess I’ll get checked for dyslexia tomorrow...I never had the slightest thought of it...

Ok let me see if I have this correct....We fired a coach for texting players and recruiting drug dealers (Bud Mackey) were given sanctions, only to hire another coach who you guys all claim cheated hired by an AD who fired the football coach cause he was being mean to players only to then extend the known cheating basketball coach! Yea that’s the ticket

Claiming all the great basketball teams cheat is just another lame excuse by some IU fans to justify their failing basketball program, news flash does Tony Bennett 2019 NCAA champ coach cheat? How bout Chris Beard.

And for the love of Christ Dakich is in the entertainment business. Lets see I can interview Tom Crean and get tons of people to listen to my show or I can talk about the NFL wildcard games that nobody in Indy gives a shit about unless they had a big bet on them.

Dude ....

You’re right. It’s a baseless comment. I certainly don’t want to get caught on the side of defending Crean. TommyCracker hit it on the head. He is a genius at manipulating the narrative.

We know what Crean did and it was time for him to go. We don't know what Archie will do. If he doesn't get it done in the next two years or so we can say he didn't get it done after he's gone. If he does get it done we'll talk about that for years while he's IU's coach. I'm still hoping for the second.

We know what Crean did and it was time for him to go. We don't know what Archie will do. If he doesn't get it done in the next two years or so we can say he didn't get it done after he's gone. If he does get it done we'll talk about that for years while he's IU's coach. I'm still hoping for the second.
Next two years or so is absurd. We don’t need 150 games to make a decision. Miller will have made close to $20 mil by then. What a joke.

I laugh at the belief of clean recruiting at a power five school or most D1 name teams in general. . Beilein may have been clean as he claims. The chances his assistants and players were also are probably pretty low.

This isn't chump change being thrown around - it's not 100 dollar handshakes anymore - the amounts played with are more than most assistants salaries and for the players more than their parents make in a year. When it was stated by one of the investigators as "anyone who recruited a pro prospect" .. I don't think he was being hyperbolas.

Then considering teams like Creighton, Utah and Notre Dame were mentioned... and you realize that that some of those players being paid for weren't really that highly rated, as they were on the other side of one and done, and considered prospects.
Does Butler cheat??

Next two years or so is absurd. We don’t need 150 games to make a decision. Miller will have made close to $20 mil by then. What a joke.
He'll make all of it if we fire him too. That's his buyout. I still think he's going to work out but IU will NOT fire him after this year or next because of that contract. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
"two years or so" WTF does this mean. He's got one year ok. Your the guy that loses his first 5 hands of blackjack and keeps betting thinking the shoe will turn...…………..

"two years or so" WTF does this mean. He's got one year ok. Your the guy that loses his first 5 hands of blackjack and keeps betting thinking the shoe will turn...…………..
Your posts are still worthless so why do you keep posting? You aren't smart enough to know that Archie has a buyout that will keep him in the job for at least the next two years no matter how much you whine about it.

He'll make all of it if we fire him too. That's his buyout. I still think he's going to work out but IU will NOT fire him after this year or next because of that contract. That's all I'm saying.
"because of that contract." you're probably right.

People on here crack me up.
You think Archie Miller cares what D.D. or any poster on these message boards think ?
He makes something north of $3 million
Everyday is a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT