ADVERTISEMENT

Have to give Painter props

bdhman

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2002
I’m no PU fan, but Painter has become a very good coach. Have to admire the way he coached the last 2+ minutes of MSU game, especially the last 30 seconds.

Reactions: DAG10
Basically Tre was 4 inches and 40 lbs bigger.
That's pretty easy..Give it to him..He crab dribbles to the basket..I'm bigger than you.
Nice out of bounds play though.
But that was a MSU meltdown..
I think Indiana can beat both..

Reactions: Nieman
That's pretty easy..Give it to him..He crab dribbles to the basket..I'm bigger than you.

Agree with you, but don’t underestimate Painter must have mandated getting the ball to Williams, and PU executed on it. Would like to see Arch do more and better with this as far as getting the ball to TJD. Go Hoosiers

We should sweep MSU. We’ve had their number, and this isn’t a very good Izzo team. I see us with a big rebounding edge, and they struggle defensively.

Pu is a different matter. Anything goes in rivalry games. I think we are clearly the better team, but there was no excuse for losing to them last year in the RMK return game.

I’m no PU fan, but Painter has become a very good coach. Have to admire the way he coached the last 2+ minutes of MSU game, especially the last 30 seconds.
Agree. It also helps when your opponent only makes 4 fg's over the course of 20 minutes. Sparty was 4-17 on fg's in 2H. Woof! And we thought our offense was bade. Credit Purdue defense. But 4 FG's in 20 minutes is atrocious.

I do too, but once again, they have a big advantage down low (and yes, I’m aware Brunk is injured... only highlights why we have too few bigs!), that threatens our ability to win. How have we had 2 coaches in a row who haven’t figured out big guys make the game easier?

Reactions: BigMobe
We should sweep MSU. We’ve had their number, and this isn’t a very good Izzo team. I see us with a big rebounding edge, and they struggle defensively.

Pu is a different matter. Anything goes in rivalry games. I think we are clearly the better team, but there was no excuse for losing to them last year in the RMK return game.
MSU plays better defense than the majority of teams I have seen play this year. It was a strange game, ugly game. PU getting so few 3’s is not a fluke.

Morton sure looks overrated. I'm glad we got Galloway instead.

Ethan Morton and Khristian Lander unfortunately are the two worst players in the B10 this year. I really want to know what Archie saw in Morton that made him such a priority? Can’t shoot. Can’t dribble. Terrible defender. Dodged a bullet there

MSU plays better defense than the majority of teams I have seen play this year. It was a strange game, ugly game. PU getting so few 3’s is not a fluke.

How is their interior D? We saw IUs strength on offense in the second half of the Wisky game, points in the paint. I don’t see MSU being able to control our interior game.

Ethan Morton and Khristian Lander unfortunately are the two worst players in the B10 this year. I really want to know what Archie saw in Morton that made him such a priority? Can’t shoot. Can’t dribble. Terrible defender. Dodged a bullet there
Morton missed the start of practice and 2-3 weeks of preparation with mono, we’ll give someone that has played college ball for a month or so time to develop before deciding he’s not up to the task.

Morton missed the start of practice and 2-3 weeks of preparation with mono, we’ll give someone that has played college ball for a month or so time to develop before deciding he’s not up to the task.

Mono isn’t the reason Morton looks like he’s never shot a basketball before. Conditioning I get, Morton’s problem isn’t conditioning. Western PA isn’t exactly known for its high school basketball and Morton’s AAU struggles against elite competition last year are well-documented.

Good morning Sean. Surprised to see a paintsniffer like yourself up this early on a Saturday. Enjoy your weekend.
Reminds me of a joke I once heard. What did the jock sniffer say to the paint sniffer?

Last edited:
Morton sure looks overrated. I'm glad we got Galloway instead.
In Morton's defense, he had mono right up to the start of the season and didn't practice. Game hasn't slowed down for him yet. He gets a little more comfortable every game though.

Leal and Galloway are better than Ivey and Morton. Franklin is better than Newman.

For all your hot takes this isn’t actually a terrible one. Galloway and Leal are both already light years ahead of Morton. Ivey has a ton of promise but really not impressed by anything he does right now. Terrible FT shooter, even worse 3 pt shooter and wildly inefficient overall. Took 9 shots to score 6 points last night. He’s had several of those types of games.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
You are on a tough road if you want to express that opinion here. After all, there are still someeople on this board who refuse to acknowledge that Gene Keady was a very good coach.

5 for 5 troll posts

Welcome to ignore Cletus.
Seems like a reasonable response. How is that trolling? Newman playing worse than franklin, but both look good. Newman is also a redshirt. Morton definetly doesnt look very good right now, probably the worst of all mentioned. Ivey hasnt always looked good on the box score, but his potential looks great, will end up being the best out of leal, galloway, geronimo.

Seems like a reasonable response. How is that trolling? Newman playing worse than franklin, but both look good. Newman is also a redshirt. Morton definetly doesnt look very good right now, probably the worst of all mentioned. Ivey hasnt always looked good on the box score, but his potential looks great, will end up being the best out of leal, galloway, geronimo.

Adorable. Is GBI closed today?

What does Ivey do well? Purdue fans rave about him. He shoots <20% from 3 and <35% from the field. Yeah he’s athletic. Big deal, several other D1 players are.

Reactions: boilerpt
crying-northwestern-kid-1489952976-7603.jpg

Courtsense to the Mods daily 🤣 🍆

I dislike Purdue tremendously but I would take Painter over Archie any and every day.

Painter may be a better coach than Miller long term and with his experience he most certainly is right now. The problem I have with this comment is that it demonstrates the lowered expectations many IU fans have.

Matt is a great coach for PU, but is hardly the ceiling IU requires.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT