ADVERTISEMENT

"Hate Hoax" list.

Fair enough. I know from the link Zeke posted several days ago that hate crimes have been rising for three consecutive years, since 2015. Even while overall crime has been falling.

I’m not sure why that matters though, since I wasn’t arguing against that.
You were arguing against the basic idea that the increase in hate crimes can be attributed to Trump. Your argument seemed to be centered on the idea that white people commit a disproportionately small number of hate crimes. Even if we grant you that the race of the perpetrator is a good proxy for whether or not Trump is to blame (which I don't think we should without some logical argument that defends the relationship), you still can't make the argument without comparing the races of perpetrators both before and after Trump.

For example, if white people only committed 40% of hate crimes before Trump, then your argument actually strengthens Zeke's, rather than weakens it.

Reactions: CradleofBasketball
You were arguing against the basic idea that the increase in hate crimes can be attributed to Trump. Your argument seemed to be centered on the idea that white people commit a disproportionately small number of hate crimes. Even if we grant you that the race of the perpetrator is a good proxy for whether or not Trump is to blame (which I don't think we should without some logical argument that defends the relationship), you still can't make the argument without comparing the races of perpetrators both before and after Trump.

For example, if white people only committed 40% of hate crimes before Trump, then your argument actually strengthens Zeke's, rather than weakens it.
I would think that the trend starting in 2015 would be a pretty good argument for Trump not being the cause.

Zeke said there is a “pretty simple reason” for the rise beginning under Obama but I haven’t been able to get her to tell me what that reason is.

I would think that the trend starting in 2015 would be a pretty good argument for Trump not being the cause.

Zeke said there is a “pretty simple reason” for the rise beginning under Obama but I haven’t been able to get her to tell me what that reason is.
Maybe this will help jog your memory. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...-forget-history-with-trump-effigy-outrage?amp

Is your self-righteous indignation an act? Or are you really this shallow. All that Obama effigy stuff was fringe. It was never normal. It was never mainstream. It was never acceptable in polite company.

On the other hand:

And then there was the rodeo clown who wore masks of different POTUS's but when he wore an Obama mask he was banned, lost his career, and people profusely apologized for mocking Obama.

Let me know when Robert DiNiro is banned from anything for mocking Trump.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Is your self-righteous indignation an act? Or are you really this shallow. All that Obama effigy stuff was fringe. It was never normal. It was never mainstream. It was never acceptable in polite company.

On the other hand:

And then there was the rodeo clown who wore masks of different POTUS's but when he wore an Obama mask he was banned, lost his career, and people profusely apologized for mocking Obama.

It always kills me when Deniro confuses the fact that he plays a tough guy in movies with thinking he's an actual tough guy.

Born to a couple of painters in Greenwich Village, his dad ran off with a man when Robert was 2. His childhood was a series of Musical and Art Prep Schools.

The guy is soft as puppy sh*t.

Great actor though.

On the other hand:

You don’t realize there is a difference in lynching and saying F Trump?

Burning/hanging Presidents in effigy is always reprehensible. It was when they did it with President Obama and when they did it with President GW Bush. I’m sure you’ll join me in condemning this behavior historically and in the future.
You don’t see the difference on reenacting lynchings on an African American president? On the caricatures of him and Michelle with a bone in his nose, enlarged lips, etc? No difference to you?

There’s nothing to correct. You need time series data to show whether or not that is a downward trend, an upwards trend, or no statistical change from the mean.

The problem with trying make this neat and tidy is that the definition of hate crime has become open to interpretation and personal bias. There are people who today scream rasism, homophobia, hate crimes etc simply by the way they are looked at.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
You don’t see the difference on reenacting lynchings on an African American president? On the caricatures of him and Michelle with a bone in his nose, enlarged lips, etc? No difference to you?
There’s a difference, but it’s always reprehensible to do this. Surely you agree with this, don’t you.

Reactions: MrBing
And perhaps this will jog yours-actor suggests Barron Trump should be kidnapped and caged with pedophiles.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/peter-fonda-barron-trump/

Refresh my memory, were any celebrities doing that to Obama’s kids?
Trying to jog your memory again. Michelle , in particular was brutally attacked, called an ape, criticized for wearing shorts on vacation, having bare arms , etc. Need a memory jog on Chelsea Clinton? But of course, not many celebrities attack Democrats, because well, there really aren’t any Republican celebrities. Their celebrities are Rush, Sean, Sarah Palin, etc. ( Spare me the B list, I already know. ) http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/obama-girls-targeted-criticism-again-conservatives

Trying to jog your memory again. Michelle , in particular was brutally attacked, called an ape, criticized for wearing shorts on vacation, having bare arms , etc. Need a memory jog on Chelsea Clinton? But of course, not many celebrities attack Democrats, because well, there really aren’t any Republican celebrities. Their celebrities are Rush, Sean, Sarah Palin, etc. ( Spare me the B list, I already know. ) http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/obama-girls-targeted-criticism-again-conservatives

Were Sasha and Malia ever called feckless c*nts in prime time?

I don't think you want to go down the rabbit hole of debating which first family has taken more abuse.

You actually think telling them to act with class and insulting their intelligence is in the same class as the story I referenced?

No, you don’t, but you’d never admit it. Not in a million years.

You don’t realize there is a difference in lynching and saying F Trump?

Of course there is a difference. The larger point here is not which conduct is more offensive. The point is who sees the conduct as acceptable and why they see it as acceptable.

Keep in mind these are just the verified hoaxes, who knows how many countless more have gone undiscovered yet are counted among hate crime statistics.

These are people, who stand on the shoulders of Civil rights leaders and Suffragettes and scream racism/ sexism.

They're ungrateful, they're spoiled, and they've never known real racism or suffering in their life.

You just described the current Dem party to a tee.

Color us shocked you still showed up to regurgitate how another thread you don't like sucks. You are consistent.
Don’t give ranger any credit, he is just one of many handles that a certain poster post by, you want a hint, he is over educated and underperforming!

Oh and I can just imagine the websites you frequent to get your “information “ about an AOC sex tape.

ADVERTISEMENT