ADVERTISEMENT

Hartmann having a tough time so far at OSU....

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
They were looking to have 5 recruits in 2018....so far, 0. Torrence Watson, #116 shooting guard had committed, but backed out and is now committed to Mo. They just lost a Cleveland kid, Dewayne Cohill, #92 on Rivals, to Dayton (ouch). There are about 6 Big Ten level recruits in Ohio this year, including Hunter who they lost to IU.....doesn't look they'll get any, including Bazley and Goodwin, who had decommitted with the coaching change. They do have a shot with 4-5 top 100 guys, but they're not really favored with any. AND, they lost a top '19 Ohio recruit, Jeremiah Francis, to UNC. Yes, IU also offered him, but the kicker is that his dad played at OSU.

Interesting, given that he was looked upon as a possible coach for IU....he has to be a little nervous now, as do OSU fans. If they don't get at least a couple solid recruits this year it will set back their program a couple of years............

They were looking to have 5 recruits in 2018....so far, 0. Torrence Watson, #116 shooting guard had committed, but backed out and is now committed to Mo. They just lost a Cleveland kid, Dewayne Cohill, #92 on Rivals, to Dayton (ouch). There are about 6 Big Ten level recruits in Ohio this year, including Hunter who they lost to IU.....doesn't look they'll get any, including Bazley and Goodwin, who had decommitted with the coaching change. They do have a shot with 4-5 top 100 guys, but they're not really favored with any. AND, they lost a top '19 Ohio recruit, Jeremiah Francis, to UNC. Yes, IU also offered him, but the kicker is that his dad played at OSU.

Interesting, given that he was looked upon as a possible coach for IU....he has to be a little nervous now, as do OSU fans. If they don't get at least a couple solid recruits this year it will set back their program a couple of years............
You do realize HOLTMANN was hired June 7th?

You do realize recruiting is about relationships?

If you understand either of those two things, you should be able to see it's not a big surprise that Archie (former Dayton coach) got Hunter or that Anthony Grant (who played at Dayton and is their new coach, hired March 30th) would have a head start on getting Cohill,

Reactions: darkhawk returns
Please fix the title to Holtmann. I am like WTH is Hartman doing at Ohio State. Didnt Holtman get a recruit to follow him from Butler? Look what Holtman did at Butler with those players. He should be able to upgrade his roster at Ohio St.

Last edited:
You do realize HOLTMANN was hired June 7th?

You do realize recruiting is about relationships?

If you understand either of those two things, you should be able to see it's not a big surprise that Archie (former Dayton coach) got Hunter or that Anthony Grant (who played at Dayton and is their new coach, hired March 30th) would have a head start on getting Cohill,

He was trying to recruit some of these guys to Butler, just as AM was trying to recruit them to Dayton.
I can tell you that those who follow OSU recruiting are very surprised that he's an o for at this point. Go back and look at the articles being written in July. They had a legit shot at Hunter and re-recruiting Bazley . AND I think it's always a surprise when a player ranked as high as Cohill picks Dayton over OSU.....please tell me when that last happened. And they were very surprised to lose Francis, son of a former player, so quickly to UNC.

I understand what you're saying, but imo he's been less than a recruiting wiz to this point.

Reactions: JFM3
Please fix the title to Holtman. I am like WTH is Hartman doing at Ohio State. Didnt Holtman get a recruit to follow him from Butler? Look what Holtman did at Butler with those players. He should be able to upgrade his roster at Ohio St.

He flipped Kyle Young, from Ohio, from Butler to OSU for '17. He also got Jallow9?), the kid from B-ton for '17. I don't think IU or Purdue offered him....

I'm not saying he's a bad recruiter, just that he hasn't had any success on the '18 class, to this point.

Please fix the title to Holtman. I am like WTH is Hartman doing at Ohio State. Didnt Holtman get a recruit to follow him from Butler? Look what Holtman did at Butler with those players. He should be able to upgrade his roster at Ohio St.

I am still trying get over the number of L's in Hartman's 1st name and now he adds another N to end and goes to OSU.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

HOLTMAN is going to do very well at OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT