ADVERTISEMENT

(Hard) Music Quiz - Beat my 204,if you can...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
And you probably can.But I was blindsided by how difficult this actually was.So I feel no shame.

Once I got out of my element (the things I knew) and got into things like Rap and Indie it was basically all guessing.And the fact that you have to match the song with the album cover adds another degree of difficulty and makes it more difficult to use the process of elimination.At least it did for me...

Try it,and come back and brag...

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/quizzes/a53194/music-iq-quiz/

Hell I was guessing about level 3.Especially when I didn't know who the album covers even were,so I couldn't use the process of elimination...

Album covers without band names or titles kinda sucked. 197

229. Probably could have done better if I waited for the audio to play out on some of the hip-hop stuff, but I had no clue on most of the album covers once it got to hard so I was guessing based on the album cover art versus the song.

I've got a decent knowledge of the alternative/indie stuff and enough hip-hop to guess and recognize some of the more famous voices.

Also the answers skew to musicians that reviewers/pitchfork.com hipster nerds consider "good", so you knew it was going to be Kendrick Lamar/Common/The Roots/Mos Def/etc as opposed to someone like Wiz Khalifa.

Last edited:
I'm afraid my high score of 243 only solidifies I'm an asshole hipster who listens to crap music.

I'm afraid my high score of 243 only solidifies I'm an asshole hipster who listens to crap music.

245! No BS. Lots of killer music on there. Needed more hip hip and classic rock. The last round was bizarro stuff, mostly.

PS- I've got you beat on the music obsession thing (probably). I've got about 3.5 terabytes of music, most of it in mp3 format.More music than I'll ever be able to hear, but damnit, its there if I ever WANT to hear it :)

229. Probably could have done better if I waited for the audio to play out on some of the hip-hop stuff, but I had no clue on most of the album covers once it got to hard so I was guessing based on the album cover art versus the song.

I've got a decent knowledge of the alternative/indie stuff and enough hip-hop to guess and recognize some of the more famous voices.

Also the answers skew to musicians that reviewers/pitchfork.com hipster nerds consider "good", so you knew it was going to be Kendrick Lamar/Common/The Roots/Mos Def/etc as opposed to someone like Wiz Khalifa.

Dude. Kendrick is the sickest rap act out there right now. Ridiculous talent. 100X the talent of Wiz. And, most def has some of the sickest rhyme structures/lyrics out there. Really cerebral hip hop. Listen to black star (he and Talib Kweli) re-do Slick Rick's "a children story". They literally match the exact rhyme structure- with different lyrics. Its insane. And the roots cut a damn album with Elvis Costello. That's really nuts in its own way. I'm with you on Common- never got into him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT