ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh isn't the QB whisperer he was made out to be

Good read, and one that should be passed along to McCulley if he's considering Michigan.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...a-patterson-nfl-draft-quarterback/3053501001/

I really enjoyed the read. Something very similar has happened over at Ohio State. They just don't developed professional quarterbacks. I think it's because their system it too run oriented, don't get me wrong their QBs look great against the B1G but rarely are they successful at the next level.

The first several weeks of the last season, the Michigan Offense was a train wreck. I remember watching their game against Navy that went into overtime and how futile the Offense looked.

In 2018, I spent 2 and a half months of the Fall in the Hospital. and probably watched more football than anyone other than Coaches, Scouts, and Analysts. Even then, I didn't get the hype over Patterson. He didn't seem to throw the ball effectively unless he was on the run and seemed to have "Happy Feet" with no consistent motion or release point.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
I really enjoyed the read. Something very similar has happened over at Ohio State. They just don't developed professional quarterbacks. I think it's because their system it too run oriented, don't get me wrong their QBs look great against the B1G but rarely are they successful at the next level.
Winning in college vs pros is vastly different. In the pros it's all about the vertical passing game along with line play. In college, line play is still very important, but most offenses simply try to out athlete defenses. The NFL is taking notice in that approach slowly but surely, but even the dual threat guys still need a big arm to succeed.

Before a UM-MSU game, he said MSU was UM's little brother.

And then promptly got his a## beat.

You are incorrect on several parts of your assertion.

Mike Hart never lost to MSU during his 4 year career at Michigan. His “little brother” comment came after the 2007 game (Hart’s senior season) when Michigan scored 2TDs in the last 7 minutes to beat Michigan St 28-24.

Often overlooked in the history of the “little brother” comment was that it was an MSU player who -before that game- said MSU needed to stop playing like “little brother”. Hence, Hart’s comment after a reporter asked him after the ‘07 game if he thought MSU was “little brother”. “Yup” he said laughing and then continuing “if that’s what they call themselves then why shouldn’t I.” At that time, Michigan had won 6 in a row and 7 of 8, the loss being the “Spartan Bob” game that resulted in the B10 changing rules about the assignment of clock operations.

Michigan St.’s steak of victories in the series began the following year when Rich Rodriguez took over in A2.

You are incorrect on several parts of your assertion.

Mike Hart never lost to MSU during his 4 year career at Michigan. His “little brother” comment came after the 2007 game (Hart’s senior season) when Michigan scored 2TDs in the last 7 minutes to beat Michigan St 28-24.

Often overlooked in the history of the “little brother” comment was that it was an MSU player who -before that game- said MSU needed to stop playing like “little brother”. Hence, Hart’s comment after a reporter asked him after the ‘07 game if he thought MSU was “little brother”. “Yup” he said laughing and then continuing “if that’s what they call themselves then why shouldn’t I.” At that time, Michigan had won 6 in a row and 7 of 8, the loss being the “Spartan Bob” game that resulted in the B10 changing rules about the assignment of clock operations.

Michigan St.’s steak of victories in the series began the following year when Rich Rodriguez took over in A2.
Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Jimmy is in a 3 way tie for "Most Overrated Coach On the Planet" title...

Frost of Nebraska is right there with him and you can guess the 3rd name without much effort ;)...

Reactions: crossfire74
Jimmy is in a 3 way tie for "Most Overrated Coach On the Planet" title...

Frost of Nebraska is right there with him and you can guess the 3rd name without much effort ;)...
Would his name start with a 'B', end with an 'M'? A BM at PU?

Reactions: Indianaftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT