ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh clowning on PU's crappy stadium

Traffic is problematic because the vast majority of cars park in the same area and, thus, all exit from that area at roughly the same time. It’s why IU has the smallest crowds in the BiG and some of the worst traffic.

Wrong. IU had larger attendances in 2016 than Maryland, Northwestern, and Purdue.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...all-home-attendance-numbers-michigan-2016/amp

And before you ask if I went to any IU games last year to compare actual attendance (yes 3), I'll preemptively ask if you attended any home games for Maryland, Northwestern, or Purdue games. My thinking is you probably made all Purdue home games.

Then again, maybe I just replied, because I just don't like you.

That sums it up mostly. The ball plays one way on grass and it plays a different way on turf. Slide tackling is another issue. Also, the perfect surface is a grass field that's been recently watered and is nice and slick. That way the ball can scoot across the grass and teams can play faster and more crisp passes. If you watered turf you'd just make it water logged and you'd actually slow the ball down. Yes there can be some divots and too much rain can also be an issue at times. However, a properly maintained grass field that's been recently watered is optimal and it simply cannot be recreated through artificial turf.

Thx

That sums it up mostly. The ball plays one way on grass and it plays a different way on turf. Slide tackling is another issue. Also, the perfect surface is a grass field that's been recently watered and is nice and slick. That way the ball can scoot across the grass and teams can play faster and more crisp passes. If you watered turf you'd just make it water logged and you'd actually slow the ball down. Yes there can be some divots and too much rain can also be an issue at times. However, a properly maintained grass field that's been recently watered is optimal and it simply cannot be recreated through artificial turf.

Though, it also should be noted that overall, it is a subtle difference, that matters more as the level of play increases. And even though everyone would be handicapped to the same degree, it makes the product better with optimal conditions. Give Federer and Nadal 50 year old wooden rackets, and it would still be a hell of match, overall quality of play would be reduced.

Or take a pro golfer wearing flip flops and give them some slightly bent clubs that were purchased 30 years ago at Walmart for $80 and some range balls, and while they'll drop several strokes because of it, they'd still destroy your average golfer using new, top of the line equipment.

Really

speith.gif

How do you differentiate between late and dirty?

Bloomington isn't the size of a Columbus, Minneapolis, Madison, Lansing, Lincoln, College Park, New Brunswick, or even a Champaign or Ann Arbor which are served by multiple freeways.
Mention a freeway in Monroe Co. and the local
politicians will be apoplectic. Remember, they did
not want any part of I69 in Monroe Co.

I'd say diving on the QB after he's been down a full 5 count. Your boy should have been tossed.

Full 5 count? Wow. I agree it was late but no he shouldn't have been tossed that's ridiculous. Plus the OL gave him a shove and the momentum made it hard for him to stop. Late? Yes. Dirty? Nope.

For reference, a Michigan fan on the free board made a poll to see if it was dirty and 90% of neutral observers voted clean/possibly late but certainly not dirty. Is that enough to convince you it wasn't dirty? Saying he should've been tossed is laughable.

Full 5 count? Wow. I agree it was late but no he shouldn't have been tossed that's ridiculous. Plus the OL gave him a shove and the momentum made it hard for him to stop. Late? Yes. Dirty? Nope.

For reference, a Michigan fan on the free board made a poll to see if it was dirty and 90% of neutral observers voted clean/possibly late but certainly not dirty. Is that enough to convince you it wasn't dirty? Saying he should've been tossed is laughable.

Understandable point of view since that's the type of "cheap shot" garbage you clowns equate with playing good defense.

Go back to your own board. You'd better worry about your next game...

Reactions: IUgradman
Wrong. IU had larger attendances in 2016 than Maryland, Northwestern, and Purdue.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...all-home-attendance-numbers-michigan-2016/amp

And before you ask if I went to any IU games last year to compare actual attendance (yes 3), I'll preemptively ask if you attended any home games for Maryland, Northwestern, or Purdue games. My thinking is you probably made all Purdue home games.

Then again, maybe I just replied, because I just don't like you.
So you’re making your point based on IU having the 11th best announced BiG attendance? Too funny. Maybe you dont like me because I made a point you’re not bright enough to comprehend. Lol

Understandable point of view since that's the type of "cheap shot" garbage you clowns equate with playing good defense.

Go back to your own board. You'd better worry about your next game...

So you're ignoring what several other neutral observers thought regarding the play? Even the Michigan fan that started the poll eventually agreed it wasn't dirty. Lol

Blame it on that cheap little schmuck Mitch Daniels

Yeah because Mitch hasn't approved huge financial commitments for facility upgrades and for Brohm and his staff. Oh wait...

He's smart and realizes how a good football program can benefit the entire school and realizes that a legit financial commitment must be made. My guess is you didn't approve of things he did in office while he was governor? He's been a fantastic president for us.

Reactions: indy1203
So you're ignoring what several other neutral observers thought regarding the play? Even the Michigan fan that started the poll eventually agreed it wasn't dirty. Lol

Only a pu player would be dumb enough to make a special effort to knock the one QB out of the game who might actually give purdue a shot at staying close...:rolleyes: :cool:You guys crack me up...:D

You jokers were so concerned about this play of Eddies that you evidently didn't even realize that MI, once again, had at least one and probably two ref(s) working for them: No Call in the end zone for targeting Anthrop (7:30 2nd qtr); Interference No Call (1:00 2nd qtr);No Call (10:40 3rd) Anthrop held; No Roughing penalty 1:35 third qtr (MI man dives and hits your Punters "plant" leg which s/b automatic "Roughing") instead the ref calls it (incorrectly) "Running into the Kicker (5yd penalty vs 15 for the correct call).
/Taped the game./

You guys are too dim to realize you got hosed by the Michigan system...(Their motto: Always own at least one and preferably two refs.)

No wonder Harbaugh was rapidly putting out press releases about your garbage stadium, he doesn't want anyone questioning what's on the game tape...

Now do I think all those calls would have changed the final result; No, pu has always found a way to choke in a big game. Those MI men don't like taking chances though so they always bring a ref just in case...

The refs cost you anywhere from 6-17 points and all you idiots are worried about was what somebody on the internet said about fat Eddie...

You pu guys (unwittingly) take humor to the next level...:D

Only a pu player would be dumb enough to make a special effort to knock the one QB out of the game who might actually give purdue a shot at staying close...:rolleyes: :cool:You guys crack me up...:D

You jokers were so concerned about this play of Eddies that you evidently didn't even realize that MI, once again, had at least one and probably two ref(s) working for them: No Call in the end zone for targeting Anthrop (7:30 2nd qtr); Interference No Call (1:00 2nd qtr);No Call (10:40 3rd) Anthrop held; No Roughing penalty 1:35 third qtr (MI man dives and hits your Punters "plant" leg which s/b automatic "Roughing") instead the ref calls it (incorrectly) "Running into the Kicker (5yd penalty vs 15 for the correct call).
/Taped the game./

You guys are too dim to realize you got hosed by the Michigan system...(Their motto: Always own at least one and preferably two refs.)

No wonder Harbaugh was rapidly putting out press releases about your garbage stadium, he doesn't want anyone questioning what's on the game tape...

Now do I think all those calls would have changed the final result; No, pu has always found a way to choke in a big game. Those MI men don't like taking chances though so they always bring a ref just in case...

The refs cost you anywhere from 6-17 points and all you idiots are worried about was what somebody on the internet said about fat Eddie...

You pu guys (unwittingly) take humor to the next level...:D
"The Michigan System!" Oh, my.

Ok. It seems though that mud, ruts, and loose divots would cause similar ball issues but again, I am not much of a soccer expert.

You are correct, but at higher levels of play where you have people paying to watch, you assume, like baseball, having a reasonable pitch on which to play. At lower levels, it's harder to justify grass only fields. From what I've read, this is where the health concerns come into play. I'm not sure how strong it is, but there seems to be some evidence that exposure to something in the field turf is harmful to children.

Last edited:
Ever live in Forrest or the Kappa house or any of the Greek houses in 3rd Street? IU made a conscious decision well over 50 years ago to establish an athletic campus and take those facilities away from the main campus. It’s why football and basketball and baseball and track and soccer and volleyball and wrestling are away from the main campus, and why people who attend games often don’t actually make it on campus. Mistakenly assumed people were aware of this.

Plenty of BiG and other Power 5 schools where the athletic facilities are integrated into the campus, and it makes for a great atmosphere. IU simply chose a different path.

I work at the school of music and walk from 3rd and Jordan to the football stadium and back 3 or 4 times a day. it reall
Ever live in Forrest or the Kappa house or any of the Greek houses in 3rd Street? IU made a conscious decision well over 50 years ago to establish an athletic campus and take those facilities away from the main campus. It’s why football and basketball and baseball and track and soccer and volleyball and wrestling are away from the main campus, and why people who attend games often don’t actually make it on campus. Mistakenly assumed people were aware of this.

Plenty of BiG and other Power 5 schools where the athletic facilities are integrated into the campus, and it makes for a great atmosphere. IU simply chose a different path.

I work at the school of music at 3rd and Jordan and take a lunch break walk to the football stadium 3 times a week. it really isn't that far. The Athletic Complex is on campus, the edge of campus, but still on campus. From the football stadium, a 10 minute walk down Woodlawn gets you to the heart of campus.

I can't believe I took time out to reply to you. But you are just such a dumbass. I wonder if you believe half the crap you post or if you are just so small you get joy out of trying to show how smart you are. Just drop your attitude, everyone can see you are a dumbass.

I work at the school of music and walk from 3rd and Jordan to the football stadium and back 3 or 4 times a day. it reall

I work at the school of music at 3rd and Jordan and take a lunch break walk to the football stadium 3 times a week. it really isn't that far. The Athletic Complex is on campus, the edge of campus, but still on campus. From the football stadium, a 10 minute walk down Woodlawn gets you to the heart of campus.

I can't believe I took time out to reply to you. But you are just such a dumbass. I wonder if you believe half the crap you post or if you are just so small you get joy out of trying to show how smart you are. Just drop your attitude, everyone can see you are a dumbass.
Good for you, but nothing I said is incorrect. Given your childish response, I doubt that you have anything to do with IU or the School of Music, and it’s highly unlikely that you have any clue about how or why the athletic campus was designated to be where it is.

Back under your rock, little fellow. You have no credibility whatsoever and you’re too stupid to educate.

I can't be certain who you're responding to, but I'm assuming it's the one person I have on ignore. Leave it to him to complain about the location of the athletic complex.

I lived in Willkie for a year (as you know, the far southeast corner of the campus) and regularly walked to Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall and it was no big deal. Yes, vehicular traffic to and from (from Indy and elsewhere) can be seriously problematic, but I've encountered that at almost every large sports venue (professional and college) I've ever attended.

And, yes, I'm convinced he ardently believes everything that he posts and that he can't fathom the possibility of ever being wrong.

I can't be certain who you're responding to, but I'm assuming it's the one person I have on ignore. Leave it to him to complain about the location of the athletic complex.

I lived in Willkie for a year (as you know, the far southeast corner of the campus) and regularly walked to Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall and it was no big deal. Yes, vehicular traffic to and from (from Indy and elsewhere) can be seriously problematic, but I've encountered that at almost every large sports venue (professional and college) I've ever attended.

And, yes, I'm convinced he ardently believes everything that he posts and that he can't fathom the possibility of ever being wrong.
Wrong about an opinion based on years of being around IU for much longer than you? Funny how you claim to have me on ignore when it’s obvious you don’t. Living in your head is a blast though, so thanks.

I'm assuming our favorite multi-username poster is the person being referred to here as I see a string of threads on my screen with "ignored user" as the most recent reply.

My experience here is so much more enjoyable since I put this douche on ignore a few weeks ago. At first, I occasionally peeked at what he had posted out of curiosity only to find the same arrogant, condescending, self-important drivel. I don't even do that anymore and it has really made posting and interacting here enjoyable again. I highly recommend shunning this tool under all of his incarnations.

I'm assuming our favorite multi-username poster is the person being referred to here as I see a string of threads on my screen with "ignored user" as the most recent reply.

My experience here is so much more enjoyable since I put this douche on ignore a few weeks ago. At first, I occasionally peeked at what he had posted out of curiosity only to find the same arrogant, condescending, self-important drivel. I don't even do that anymore and it has really made posting and interacting here enjoyable again. I highly recommend shunning this tool under all of his incarnations.
Another poster who knows nothing about football. You’re an idiot.

I agree, it's much better. It's not my area of expertise, but I will add that I think he could greatly benefit from professional intervention.
You guys have ruined this forum with your stalking and really strange attempts at message management. That you tolerate no criticism whatsoever of Iu is one thing, but your inability to support anything you say with sound football knowledge makes you laughably absent of any credibility. Then you claim I’m on ignore when that’s not true or you invoke new screen names to harass me, all because you can provide any substantive arguments to counter my or other poster’s views. It’s really strange and kind of creepy. Please just go away (since I know you’re reading this).

This is priceless.

This is priceless.
Several of these guys are priceless. Very strong suggestions from someone I trust that a couple are affiliated / employed by the IU athletic department, which explains their need to try and control and manipulate the message. Too many little hints make that highly likely.

Good for you, but nothing I said is incorrect. Given your childish response, I doubt that you have anything to do with IU or the School of Music, and it’s highly unlikely that you have any clue about how or why the athletic campus was designated to be where it is.

Back under your rock, little fellow. You have no credibility whatsoever and you’re too stupid to educate.

and you are completely wrong, yet again. and still a dumbass. i will go back to completely ignoring your juvenile posts as nothing of interest or importance comes from them. and yes, you are just a very tiny person. and a dumbass.

Several of these guys are priceless. Very strong suggestions from someone I trust that a couple are affiliated / employed by the IU athletic department, which explains their need to try and control and manipulate the message. Too many little hints make that highly likely.
For someone who is ignored by so many posters, you sure do get a lot of responses.

and you are completely wrong, yet again. and still a dumbass. i will go back to completely ignoring your juvenile posts as nothing of interest or importance comes from them. and yes, you are just a very tiny person. and a dumbass.
Please ignore them, especially since you add nothing of value. And we both know you don’t work at IU. Your babbling post about walking to the athletic complex every day gave you away. You’re an idiot.

For someone who is ignored by so many posters, you sure do get a lot of responses.
No, Pat. Most posters quickly discern that replying to him is a colossal waste of time, as it inevitably leads to condescending comments and insults from him. Nice of you to quickly reappear in his defense, though.

No, Pat. Most posters quickly discern that replying to him is a colossal waste of time, as it inevitably leads to condescending comments and insults from him. Nice of you to quickly reappear in his defense, though.
Seriously where did this guy come from?

Makes you wonder, another reincarnation ? "Loserfan1" talking to himself, hilarious, but not surprising. Maybe ignore #2
Thanks for going to the trouble of concocting a tribute handle to me. For a coward of your level, you really outdid yourself. We laughed out loud when you ousted yourself on that one.

A perfect example of what I described. Never, ever talks football and, when he tries, it’s laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT