ADVERTISEMENT

Happy for all participating in Women's marches around the world

In airport and getting ready to board. I am sure you can find them though.
You seem to be saying that if somebody said that somewhere, it nullifies everything else.

Otherwise, why bring it up? As Goat said, there are folks in every protest or opposition setting that take things too far.

I'd argue it's relevant if it's part and parcel of the protest or if there's some particular reason to take cues from it. I haven't heard either here.

You seem to be saying that if somebody said that somewhere, it nullifies everything else.

Otherwise, why bring it up? As Goat said, there are folks in every protest or opposition setting that take things too far.

I'd argue it's relevant if it's part and parcel of the protest or if there's some particular reason to take cues from it. I haven't heard either here.
I agree.

My wife, sister, mother in law, sister in law, etc. could run circles around all your whiny asses. And here is some more mansplaining for you, my attitude is why you marched and your attitude is why the current guy sits at 1600 Pennsylvania...who was the biggest loser? Have fun choking on that for the next 4 years.
I don't know who is going to be the biggest loser these next four years but sure sounds like the last eight or more years have been hell for you and your kin. I sincerely hope things work out better for you these next four years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/opinion/what-the-womens-march-stands-for.html?_r=0
Women are rallying in Washington and across the world today. It is a response to Trump and Trumpism and a way to demonstrate solidarity with each other. Many will be wearing "pussy hats"
https://www.pussyhatproject.com/
The hats are a reminder that having a "pussy" doesn't erase your rights as a person and as a rebuke to the current president and his supporters who think that that power allows them to do anything they like.
It is an excellent way to begin the resistance to Trump.
Everybody knows Trump was talking about the casting couch experience in Hollywood and in media in general. Trump was not saying you can go grab a woman on her crotch while you are waiting for a train or bus. I find it hypocritical that these women from Hollywood who see the casting couch,and perhaps had partaken of it to get a part are suddenly shocked. Hollywood is a den of vipers with rampant goings on and everybody knows it. What these Hollywood women should do is blow the whistle on their own industry first, and then deal with Trump's comments.

Reactions: Lucy01
Everybody knows Trump was talking about the casting couch experience in Hollywood and in media in general. Trump was not saying you can go grab a woman on her crotch while you are waiting for a train or bus. I find it hypocritical that these women from Hollywood who see the casting couch,and perhaps had partaken of it to get a part are suddenly shocked. Hollywood is a den of vipers with rampant goings on and everybody knows it. What these Hollywood women should do is blow the whistle on their own industry first, and then deal with Trump's comments.
WHAT? This post is literally disgusting. WTF is wrong with you? You should be ashamed.

Trump was most definitely not talking about Hollywood. He was talking about himself. Which is made clear by his ACTUAL WORDS:

Reactions: T.M.P.
WHAT? This post is literally disgusting. WTF is wrong with you? You should be ashamed.

Trump was most definitely not talking about Hollywood. He was talking about himself. Which is made clear by his ACTUAL WORDS:
Ah, Billy. I'm imaging he has calls every other week with his agent:

Billy: "Hey, it's Billy, I was just wonder-"
Agent: "-No. It's still too soon."

Ah, Billy. I'm imaging he has calls every other week with his agent:

Billy: "Hey, it's Billy, I was just wonder-"
Agent: "-No. It's still too soon."
I shouldn't scoff. His entertainment career is probably on the shelf for a bit, but Trump might name him Surgeon General.

Just as you thought the hero Trump was about to be torn to pieces by evil harpy accusers along comes VanPastorMan to declare the harpies may not attack Trump until they first vanquish the den of Hollywood vipers. Trump is saved from certain destruction. An unexpected but, to some, very satisfying conclusion to the drama.

Van. You should probably just stop posting about this type of thing. I'm seriously trying to help you, because you make yourself look more and more disgusting and clueless every time you do.

Women's rights--focal point of the march--determined to be irrelevant by Co Hoosier. Verdict...zero cred on women's rights for Co Hoosier.

I heard the marchers say that women's rights are human rights. I agree. Once you get past abortion, there are no rights that belong exclusively to women.

Um...dude...seriously...get a grip. A good option for you would be to stop yourself when you find yourself starting a sentence with "Everybody knows" because your "Everybody knows" generally tends to equate with "VanPastorMan is getting ready to spout nonsense."

I understand that's a comfortably common occurrence for you, but it's something that you should nevertheless try to limit. Come out for a visit and I'll take you to some actual casting calls so that you can see first hand how you know nothing of which you speak. You're welcome to try to grab a little p_$$y, too, while you're here as long as you bring enough cash to post your own bail.

I'm not going to be choking on anything. You're going to be choking on the fact that you and your wife, sister, etc and everyone else put that embarrassment in the White House. Who started his first day by sending out his present secretary to blatantly lie. Who went to the CIA and bragged about himself.be proud of your guy. I'll be happy to report back from all the marches around the world by my "faux Friends." Again, men like you that dismiss everyone that makes a different choice than the women in your circle, is the reason MILIONS ( and I'm not lying about the numbers like your guy) marched yesterday and will be keeping your fraudulent President in line for the next four years. How exactly could they run circles around whiny asses? And as I've said, I've been doing much more than whiny. I'm working to change things. You have some issues with women that don't think like you and you seem personally threatened by millions of women finding a voice. So find your little safe space with the women that think like you.

I have an issue with morons. Does not matter what sexual organ they happen to have.

I don't know who is going to be the biggest loser these next four years but sure sounds like the last eight or more years have been hell for you and your kin. I sincerely hope things work out better for you these next four years.

Nah, me and my kin have been fine these past eight years. I have had all my children in that time frame, got an advanced degree, worked my ass off to recover from being laid off to the point where I now make more than my wife and I used to combined.

Politics is such a small part of my life. It is a diversion that I dip my toe into for shits and giggles. You certainly would not find me wasting my time on a day off protesting things that have not happened.

I do think that all you Uber government folks might take a step back and maybe rethink your stance on government though. Maybe you and Zeke would be well to learn that a government big enough to provide for all of your needs is also one that is big enough to take away whatever it wants as well. If your party had not spent so much time centralizing so much power in one city, the election of one person would not be the big deal that you apparently think it is.

My advice to all of you. Take a pill and save the bitching for when the guy has actually done something. Also, find a better way to spend your time than fretting over someone who truly has a minimal impact on your day to day life.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUJIM
Van you hit the nail on the head! Keep posting,Someone has to represent sanity here!

Reactions: Ladoga
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...e-senator-under-fire-fat-women-post/96939462/ Yay for Indiana, once again. For this man, and just a few of you on here, this is why we march. Angry women get things done.

If that is why you march, you are dumbing down marching. There will always be idiots saying stupid things. You are in for a lifetime of marching. Back in the good old days, marches were useful in calling attention to genuine violations of human rights. Now marching seems to have become an expression of a general laundry list of political talking points.

"Angry women get things done". As I recall you complained about general conservative anger electing Trump. Are angry liberal women some how more authentic and pure than angry conservative men?

Van. You should probably just stop posting about this type of thing. I'm seriously trying to help you, because you make yourself look more and more disgusting and clueless every time you do.

Every time he posts something I hope and pray that he's just clueless schmuck named Tim/Bob/Steve/... VanPastor.

If VanPastor is surname then he's just another goofball like the rest of us. But if it's true that Pastor is a job title then the mind reels at the possibility of all the damage he could do.

Judging from a neighborhood forum I was surprised to discover several of my favorite area neighborhood get-things-done female activists participated in the Washington D.C. rally. I was surprised because they are the kind of people who don't waste time and money on impractical projects with little or no chance of producing results.

The question I asked myself was, Why would these neighbors waste their time and money on such a fruitless endeavor? Also, these women never appeared to me to be very political, so why did they participate in what appeared to be a political protest?

Turns out these women aren't too much different from the Trump supporters who are concerned about the direction the country is going. Furthermore just like the Trump people, they want to be heard. They were informed about the rally, and wanted to part of a crowd who took time from their busy community orientated lives to voice their concerns.

If that is why you march, you are dumbing down marching. There will always be idiots saying stupid things. You are in for a lifetime of marching. Back in the good old days, marches were useful in calling attention to genuine violations of human rights. Now marching seems to have become an expression of a general laundry list of political talking points.

"Angry women get things done". As I recall you complained about general conservative anger electing Trump. Are angry liberal women some how more authentic and pure than angry conservative men?
Trump is manifestly unfit for office and represents a clear and present danger, certainly to women's rights on multiple levels but also on a variety of national security and global security issues. The point of the march was not intended to reveal what is already common knowledge. Instead, the march helped crystallize the opposition to Trump and demonstrate to all who share those concerns that a huge swath of the country is very highly motivated to resist. That is highly motivating both at the grassroots level and at the level of entrepreneurial types who will help move things forward. For my money I would like to see the emerging organizations get more tightly focused on various tasks. But that is hardly a complaint at this stage and the resistance can move forward on multiple fronts.

Van makes me imagine the movie Carrie, but she lives with her dad instead of her mom.

Nah, me and my kin have been fine these past eight years. I have had all my children in that time frame, got an advanced degree, worked my ass off to recover from being laid off to the point where I now make more than my wife and I used to combined.

Politics is such a small part of my life. It is a diversion that I dip my toe into for shits and giggles. You certainly would not find me wasting my time on a day off protesting things that have not happened.

I do think that all you Uber government folks might take a step back and maybe rethink your stance on government though. Maybe you and Zeke would be well to learn that a government big enough to provide for all of your needs is also one that is big enough to take away whatever it wants as well. If your party had not spent so much time centralizing so much power in one city, the election of one person would not be the big deal that you apparently think it is.

My advice to all of you. Take a pill and save the bitching for when the guy has actually done something. Also, find a better way to spend your time than fretting over someone who truly has a minimal impact on your day to day life.

"Nah, me and my kin have been fine these past eight years. I have had all my children in that time frame, got an advanced degree, worked my ass off to recover from being laid off to the point where I now make more than my wife and I used to combined."

Thanks, Obama!

"Politics is such a small part of my life. It is a diversion that I dip my toe into for shits and giggles. You certainly would not find me wasting my time on a day off protesting things that have not happened."

Interesting. It seemed like the last 8 years you spent a lot of time bitching about things that never happened. Glass houses and all.

"My advice to all of you. Take a pill and save the bitching for when the guy has actually done something. Also, find a better way to spend your time than fretting over someone who truly has a minimal impact on your day to day life."

I think many of the people who were at the marches would suggest that President Trump has already "done something" and that something is worth standing up against in their minds. That you mock it, belittle it, and don't understand it says more about you then it does about them.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Turns out these women aren't too much different from the Trump supporters who are concerned about the direction the country is going. Furthermore just like the Trump people, they want to be heard. They were informed about the rally, and wanted to part of a crowd who took time from their busy community orientated lives to voice their concerns.

Yep. And for all of the silly criticisms being lobbed at the participants, the only criticism that would have had any validity is if they were chided for staying silent. (And yes, I marched, as did many, many of my friends.)

Trump is manifestly unfit for office and represents a clear and present danger, certainly to women's rights on multiple levels but also on a variety of national security and global security issues. The point of the march was not intended to reveal what is already common knowledge. Instead, the march helped crystallize the opposition to Trump and demonstrate to all who share those concerns that a huge swath of the country is very highly motivated to resist. That is highly motivating both at the grassroots level and at the level of entrepreneurial types who will help move things forward. For my money I would like to see the emerging organizations get more tightly focused on various tasks. But that is hardly a complaint at this stage and the resistance can move forward on multiple fronts.

Blah, blah, blah,

You are talking about clear and present danger to women's rights (which for anybody who understands individual rights and responsibilities under the law knows is BS) resisting Trump, national and global security issues, and emerging organizations, and Trump is talking about Jobs, commerce, trade and the GNP. No wonder somebody as crass as Trump sits in the oval office while you guys march in the streets and speak about losing political themes.

Although I also think the Democratic party should be more welcoming to pro-life liberals, I'm not sure we can just assume that taking abortion off the agenda would have made this particular event bigger. I think, because of the SCOTUS context and the choice of Mike Pence as VP, abortion is specifically one of the key issues driving this protest. To drop it in favor of appealing to pro-life women's groups may very well have resulted in a net loss of political momentum.
I guess I just have an overall strategy problem with the DNC on this. While their intentions are noble and their message is appreciated, I can't help but feel that these marches do more to harm long term strategy than do to help. Parading these celebs provide incremental value to female Democrats but provide much more base galvanization to Trumpers and the like.

I'm not a Democrat, but I've voted that way at the President level for the past two elections because they've been the adults in the room. But it's clearer to me now more than ever that they don't understand strategy and are a confederation of identity politic interest groups.

The current GOP is a disaster to the reality based community but they obviously understand strategy and how to execute. Painful as it is to the reality based community.

Reactions: Cajun54 and Thyrsis
"Nah, me and my kin have been fine these past eight years. I have had all my children in that time frame, got an advanced degree, worked my ass off to recover from being laid off to the point where I now make more than my wife and I used to combined."

Thanks, Obama!

"Politics is such a small part of my life. It is a diversion that I dip my toe into for shits and giggles. You certainly would not find me wasting my time on a day off protesting things that have not happened."

Interesting. It seemed like the last 8 years you spent a lot of time bitching about things that never happened. Glass houses and all.

"My advice to all of you. Take a pill and save the bitching for when the guy has actually done something. Also, find a better way to spend your time than fretting over someone who truly has a minimal impact on your day to day life."

I think many of the people who were at the marches would suggest that President Trump has already "done something" and that something is worth standing up against in their minds. That you mock it, belittle it, and don't understand it says more about you then it does about them.

I got laid off while Obama was President, should I thank him for that too? The answer to that is no. He had nothing to do with that much like he had nothing to do with my job prospects after that.

Some of the people on this board have done more bitching the past month than I did in Obama's entire 8 years. I was busy for a good deal of his presidency and had extended periods of time where I did not post. And when I did it was in response to actual legislation and decisions, not some idea on what I thought would be.

Trump did the same thing every Republican in my lifetime has done to cause the left to freak out. He got elected. Reagan was a cowboy who was going to get us into a nuclear exchange with the Soviets. Bush 1 was going to grind the poor under his out of touch boot. Bush 2 stole the election. The only difference is that now we have social media that encourages people to be part of big events...whether or not thone events actually impact anything.

I understand perfectly what those women are afraid of. They spent the past eight years cheerleading a President who got things done with his pen, now the shoe is on the other foot and they are maybe realizing that all of that executive power to force social change is not really the way to go. Sucks being on the losing end, particularly when you spent the last eight years rubbing your opponents' face in it. So temper tantrum. C'est La Vie...C'est la guerre.

I just think that they are crying about stuff that has not occurred. Trump is focused on trade and economic things it seems to me. Look at his agenda right now, nowhere on it do I see "screw women over". This is just the same old lefty freak out we always see. It just ratchets up each time.

I guess I just have an overall strategy problem with the DNC on this. While their intentions are noble and their message is appreciated, I can't help but feel that these marches do more to harm long term strategy than do to help. Parading these celebs provide incremental value to female Democrats but provide much more base galvanization to Trumpers and the like.

I'm not a Democrat, but I've voted that way at the President level for the past two elections because they've been the adults in the room. But it's clearer to me now more than ever that they don't understand strategy and are a confederation of identity politic interest groups.

The current GOP is a disaster to the reality based community but they obviously understand strategy and how to execute. Painful as it is to the reality based community.
That's obviously not crazy and dishearteningly too sensible, but I also think that past might not be prologue here. The news media has lost its way over the past so many years, but maybe the media are starting to regain their footing. For instance, maybe Chuck Todd's passable questioning of KAC yesterday indicates a clearer understanding of the job. Maybe the turnout on Saturday suggests a tipping point we've not really seen and that outpaces the typical foolishness. Plenty of reason to doubt those rosy hopes, but both events from the weekend were noteworthy, imo. We'll see.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Blah, blah, blah,

You are talking about clear and present danger to women's rights (which for anybody who understands individual rights and responsibilities under the law knows is BS) resisting Trump, national and global security issues, and emerging organizations, and Trump is talking about Jobs, commerce, trade and the GNP. No wonder somebody as crass as Trump sits in the oval office while you guys march in the streets and speak about losing political themes.
You don't have cred with me on women's issues--or with anyone else here as far as I know. So Blah, blah, blah to you.

I say at the end of the next four years Trump will have underperformed on commerce, trade and GDP relative to the average Republican President and relative to Obama. What do you say? (I know the answer: nothing). If your vote only depended on those issues you would never vote Republican again. I showed you the data on this too. You certainly wouldn't have voted for Trump...can't think of any professional economist in academia who did, Republican or Democrat.

At a minimum, good Republicans ought to support free trade rather than inefficiently using economic policy to redistribute. Talked to a very conservative insider recently. He was hopeful about Trump but he said everyone in Washington knows Trump is not a Republican. They think they can play him, but they aren't really sure and nobody knows what to do if they can't. You should want to get rid of Trump as soon as possible...for your own sake if not for everyone else.

I got laid off while Obama was President, should I thank him for that too? The answer to that is no. He had nothing to do with that much like he had nothing to do with my job prospects after that.

Some of the people on this board have done more bitching the past month than I did in Obama's entire 8 years. I was busy for a good deal of his presidency and had extended periods of time where I did not post. And when I did it was in response to actual legislation and decisions, not some idea on what I thought would be.

Trump did the same thing every Republican in my lifetime has done to cause the left to freak out. He got elected. Reagan was a cowboy who was going to get us into a nuclear exchange with the Soviets. Bush 1 was going to grind the poor under his out of touch boot. Bush 2 stole the election. The only difference is that now we have social media that encourages people to be part of big events...whether or not thone events actually impact anything.

I understand perfectly what those women are afraid of. They spent the past eight years cheerleading a President who got things done with his pen, now the shoe is on the other foot and they are maybe realizing that all of that executive power to force social change is not really the way to go. Sucks being on the losing end, particularly when you spent the last eight years rubbing your opponents' face in it. So temper tantrum. C'est La Vie...C'est la guerre.

I just think that they are crying about stuff that has not occurred. Trump is focused on trade and economic things it seems to me. Look at his agenda right now, nowhere on it do I see "screw women over". This is just the same old lefty freak out we always see. It just ratchets up each time.

Like I said...that you mock it, belittle it, and don't understand it says more about you then it does about them. That you claim that you "understand perfectly" again says more about you then it does about them.

I guess we have different recollections of your posting history the last 8 years because you seem to be projecting a whole bunch of your loony anger from the Obama Presidency on the people you are mocking and belittling.

That's spot on. I've posted on and off for years that the Democratic party has become only a group of single interests. Starting with 2008, the Democrats unified around a person, not a policy or policies. In 2016 the person the Democrats selected was flawed. Going forward the Democrats don't need a policy or a strategy, they need a person.

You don't have cred with me on women's issues--or with anyone else here as far as I know. So Blah, blah, blah to you.

I say at the end of the next four years Trump will have underperformed on commerce, trade and GDP relative to the average Republican President and relative to Obama. What do you say? (I know the answer: nothing). If your vote only depended on those issues you would never vote Republican again. I showed you the data on this too. You certainly wouldn't have voted for Trump...can't think of any professional economist in academia who did, Republican or Democrat.

At a minimum, good Republicans ought to support free trade rather than inefficiently using economic policy to redistribute. Talked to a very conservative insider recently. He was hopeful about Trump but he said everyone in Washington knows Trump is not a Republican. They think they can play him, but they aren't really sure and nobody knows what to do if they can't. You should want to get rid of Trump as soon as possible...for your own sake if not for everyone else.

I still have no clue what you are talking about in terms of "women's rights," which is what you mentioned. Now you have switched to "women's issues." Yeah, I know the difference and I'll match my cred about both against yours any day.

Like I said...that you mock it, belittle it, and don't understand it says more about you then it does about them. That you claim that you "understand perfectly" again says more about you then it does about them.

I guess we have different recollections of your posting history the last 8 years because you seem to be projecting a whole bunch of your loony anger from the Obama Presidency on the people you are mocking and belittling.

Again, I got angry at times over things he did. Not over him being him. I would hope you could see some difference in marching over what you think is going to happen and being perturbed over what had actually happened.

And my religious, political, and world view has been mocked, belittled, and not understood by these same people for decades. Why should I show them the respect that they refused and continue to refuse to show me? Dressing as labia and threatening to blow up the White House and we are supposed to take that seriously? Sorry, not sorry for my opinion on the March. It was a lefty hissy fit.

I respect their opinion as much as many of you all respected all those "tea baggers" after Obama got elected.

You, as a pastor, are seriously defending Trump bragging and laughing about sexual assault? Because he has (R) by his name? I don't care what "lifestyle" he was talking about, it was a vile thing for any person to say, and especially the President of the United States.

I've said this before, but holy cow, lay off the cable news.

I still have no clue what you are talking about in terms of "women's rights," which is what you mentioned. Now you have switched to "women's issues." Yeah, I know the difference and I'll match my cred about both against yours any day.
We have been through the discussion of cred...should have said women's rights. Blah, blah, blah on your cred versus my cred. A whole host of gender equity issues are on the table well beyond abortion. If you know something I don't enlighten me. Pounding on the podium with your shoe about your cred is loud but not enlightening.

Fact: The GOP and Trump are poised to blow up healthcare and they have no clue how not to blow themselves up too.
Fact: Trump is poised to start a trade war with China, light a fuse in the Middle East over moving the embassy in Israel, undermine NATO, empower Russian aggression, undermine the EU, help bring to power fascistic nationalists in Europe.
Fact: Trump is blowing up the credibility of the U.S. government by blatant lying.

This s**t is not good for you Co. Its not good for any of us. Yeah, I know, Hillary, emails, marches, three hidden women, mars, blah, blah, blah. Do everyone a favor and impeach this guy ASAP. Don't wait until he does something crazy you can't undo

Every time he posts something I hope and pray that he's just clueless schmuck named Tim/Bob/Steve/... VanPastor.

If VanPastor is surname then he's just another goofball like the rest of us. But if it's true that Pastor is a job title then the mind reels at the possibility of all the damage he could do.
He is really a pastor.

Hahaha thanks for the laugh on this otherwise dreary day. I know that your profession requires you to rationalize frequently and not accept things literally, but this is quite a work of fiction. Bravo, sir.

And my religious, political, and world view has been mocked, belittled, and not understood by these same people for decades. Why should I show them the respect that they refused and continue to refuse to show me?
Here is what I am hearing. You feel that your religious and political identity has been mocked, belittled and not understood by people for decades. You are out of patience now with "those same people" who would ask for the kind of respect they refused and continue to refuse to show you. Do I hear you clearly?

To my ears that sounds like a lot of hurt to endure for a long time. Not just four years but really almost a lifetime. Hopefully, during these next four years you will feel better understood and not mocked and belittled. It may sound corny but I mean that sincerely.

I've posted at least a dozen reasons for marching, many of them due to dismissive men like you. Just today, while a half dozen old white men stood around, Trump signed a law that will kill women around the world trying to get legal abortions. Yes, I'd say now women ( not just liberal) certainly have a reason to be angry. They have a person in charge of the country that bragged about sexually assaulting them, calling them names, and rating them by their looks. Gee, can't imagine what would upset the little ladies about a thing like that.

We have been through the discussion of cred...should have said women's rights. Blah, blah, blah on your cred versus my cred. A whole host of gender equity issues are on the table well beyond abortion. If you know something I don't enlighten me. Pounding on the podium with your shoe about your cred is loud but not enlightening.

Gender equity issues are not about either women's rights or women's issues. The libs have managed to screw up the notion of gender, so that nobody knows what the heck it means any more. I know about sex discrimination, Title VII, The Equal Pay Act, Title IX and the general constitutional law about individual rights which obviously includes women. Trump can't do anything to affect any of this law. Period! Those snowflakes who believe that Trump will reverse a body of law that has developed over a half a century are dumbing down the whole idea of anti-Trumpism to the point that it means nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT