ADVERTISEMENT

Hagan back to PU . . .

. . . do we care?

No...

I just lost a Lot of respect for the guy...

Supposedly he left INDIANA to be closer to his family... Evidently geography isn't one of his strong points...

Looks to me like he figures he may end up as the D.C. by default given their going to have a tough time finding anyone competent with FBS experience to take that job...

No...

Supposedly he left INDIANA to be closer to his family... Evidently geography isn't one of his strong points...

Looks to me like he figures he may end up as the D.C. by default given their going to have a tough time finding anyone competent with FBS experience to take that job...
Ennhhh . . . Texas fired its HC, which likely means Hagan was looking not by choice . . . my guess is his priorities include eating . . . .

Hard to blame the guy. He lost his job and went back to a former employer...and an employer with whom he had his most personal professional success at that. Good for him.

No...

Honest question. Because I haven't heard anything that says it's been tough for them to find one. We know that Brohm contacted auburn to interview someone. He contacted WKU DC. But do we know if anyone has actually been offered. Zero news on it. What have you heard?

Can’t blame the guy for taking a job.

First time around (after Mallory had been fired) it was semi-understandable... This time..., not even close... As far as I'm concerned, he's a p u man thru and thru from here on out...

He could have sat out a year and "spent time with his family" (which "supposedly" was his entire reason for leaving for Texas) and waited for a decent slot to come open...

Like I said..., I've lost a Lot of respect for him...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.IU
First time around (after Mallory had been fired) it was semi-understandable... This time..., not even close... As far as I'm concerned, he's a p u man thru and thru from here on out...

He could sat out a year and spent time with his family (which "supposedly" was his entire reason for leaving for Texas) and waited for a decent slot to come open...

That is your prerogative. But why sit out when you can draw a paycheck from Texas from Purdue and do the job you love to do.

As opposed to piling on, I have a bit of sadness for him, in that he’s looking like a retread now and this is his career we’re talking about.

He essentially did get passed over for DC at IU. He was co-DC at UT for 1-year (or was it 2?) where the coach gets fired Bc they didn’t have the year they thought and clearly he’s now on his way out too. Gets a job offer at a program NOT on the rise but going opposite direction and who seemingly had offered 2-4 other people who said no. The man still wants to coach and likely not at mid-tier non power 5 level, and Brombardi offered, so he took it. Maybe he jumped too soon or panicked, or maybe he is someone who doesn’t have tons of options right now?

I come down on side of “be gracious, don’t mock” an ex-IU family member.

He wants to work, to try and turn a program around to help turn his image around, and he’s going into a situation he knows already which probably helps his own confidence. To me, this “could” end up being a UT 2.0 if they have another poor season next year & Coach B is given walking papers, which wouldn’t surprise me. But he is a Carmel guy who has IU ties, Let’s be wish HIM well, but we don’t have to hope for PU to have great season or want anything but a blowout for IU in the bucket game!

Gotta be other jobs out there...

Purdue, although our rival, is still a power five job, so why is it so hard to believe that he would go and coach there (again).

What other power five programs are looking for a defensive line coach. I honestly don't know, but there are only a few power five programs in Texas, and I'd venture to guess, none of them are looking for a defensive line coach right now.

Reactions: Chriselli
It's an example of the grass isn't always greener elsewhere but I don't know why we would have ill will towards him for going back to Purdue.

I highly doubt we offered him a job here and he spurned us for Purdue.

He could have sat out a year and "spent time with his family" (which "supposedly" was his entire reason for leaving for Texas) and waited for a decent slot to come open...

Who cares, he wants to coach. These are your issues. Grow up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT