ADVERTISEMENT

Haarms transferring

I think Dakich said today that IU should pursue Haarms. If the Hoosiers acquire him, I probably will quite watching IU basketball.
For me it wouldn’t be ‘probably’,that kid is the most annoying kid to ever wear a PUke uniform and that’s saying a lot.

Final 10 for Purdue transfer Matt Haarms:
Arizona Arkansas Boston College BYU Gonzaga Kentucky Memphis Minnesota Texas Tech UNC Greensboro

Of this list, I would guess the choice would be from this group: Arkansas, Boston College, BYU and Texas Tech. No other reason for my guess other than I think Haarms will not play in the Big 10 and he is not likely to get big minutes at Arizona, Gonzaga, Kentucky, or Memphis. I also think UNCG is not a large enough stage for him.

Again, this is a pure guess and not based upon the study of these teams current rosters.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Matt Haarms commits to BYU

I’m glad he’s not going to Kentucky.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/4/2...-basketball-recruiting-byu-cougars-uk-recruit

Normally, I'd say that just about any recruiting/transfer loss was no big loss for UK. They've usually had their choice of options at all positions. And I don't think Haarms is any kind of world-beater, regardless.

But, after losing Richards and Montgomery, I can understand why Cal went after Haarms as he did. But he'll definitely get more minutes and touches at BYU.

Reactions: IULouie
Normally, I'd say that just about any recruiting/transfer loss was no big loss for UK. They've usually had their choice of options at all positions. And I don't think Haarms is any kind of world-beater, regardless.

But, after losing Richards and Montgomery, I can understand why Cal went after Haarms as he did. But he'll definitely get more minutes and touches at BYU.
I think Haarms is a pretty smart guy. Maybe Cal needed somebody to take the SAT for one or two of his recruits.

Reactions: kkott
Haarms was likely driven away by the addition of freshman Zach Edey, a 7'3", 290-pound center who likely would have eaten away at Haarms' minutes.

If I had to guess, I'd say Haarms is likely to end up at a mid-major in desperate need of a rim protector. He could also use an opportunity like that to posture himself for the Euroleague and get back across the pond where he's originally from (Amsterdam, Netherlands).

Haarms will be missed. He and Tre were a very good combination offense Tre, Haarms for defense.
I was really hoping Haarms would have a breakout, injury free Senior year. Haarms was great at the pick and pop which worked effectively when we had good outside shooting guards.
I think Purdue will have the outside threats again from the guard position with Morton, Ivey, Hunter, Newman, Sasha and an experienced Thompson.
Painter would have red shirted Edey had Haarms not transferred. Most Purdue fans don't think Edey is ready!
We will need Wheeler and Gillis, DOW or Edey to step up next year for Purdue to be BIG contenders, IMO.

Last edited:
Haarms will be missed. He and Tre were a very good combination offense Tre, Haarms for defense.
I was really hoping Haarms would have a breakout, injury free Senior year. Haarms was great at the pick and pop which worked effectively when we had good outside shooting guards.
I think Purdue will have the outside threats again from the guard position with Morton, Ivey, Hunter, Newman, Sasha and an experienced Thompson.
Painter would have red shirted Edey had Haarms not transferred. Most Purdue fans don't think Edey is ready!
We will need Wheeler and Gillis, DOW or Edey to step up next year for Purdue to be BIG contenders, IMO.

I think Painter is a really good Coach, but if he can get that roster in contention for the conference, he's a HOFer.

Not surprised you don’t understand, based on your admitted lack of hoops insight. After all, you thought IU was better than Purdue this past season.

You just said Purdue was likely going to be a top 3 team in the B10 next year. I'll leave it at that.

You just said Purdue was likely going to be a top 3 team in the B10 next year. I'll leave it at that.
Tapping out again? Easily your smartest move. Better to give commentary on players you’ve never seen play, right? Talk about funny.

Your next knowledgeable post will also be your first. I'm not holding my breath.
So, you’re following me around and initiating responses to each of my posts because you don’t find them knowledgable? You’re now admitting that you’re trying to get dumber? Lol. We both know just the opposite is true, but you go, girl! Your insecurities are showing. Love busting frauds like you up.

Purdue atop 3 in the conference? Seems like a stretch to this Purdue fan. I’m hoping for a top 5 finish my self.

Purdue defends, rebounds and passes well enough to be really good. When they fell down this past year was when they went cold from outside. When they hit their outside shots, they were as good as anybody in the conference.

For Purdue to be good next year, either Sasha and Wheeler have to end their sophomore slumps, or they find a consistent scorer in Ivey, Morton, or Newman. All of those kids are good shooters, although Morton slumped during his senior season. The potential is there, but will they?

Phil Collins (EB) will likely be replaced by Gillis who by all accounts will do very well in that position. Although many think Easter will fill that utility man spot as a point-forward.

Purdue atop 3 in the conference? Seems like a stretch to this Purdue fan. I’m hoping for a top 5 finish my self.

Purdue defends, rebounds and passes well enough to be really good. When they fell down this past year was when they went cold from outside. When they hit their outside shots, they were as good as anybody in the conference.

For Purdue to be good next year, either Sasha and Wheeler have to end their sophomore slumps, or they find a consistent scorer in Ivey, Morton, or Newman. All of those kids are good shooters, although Morton slumped during his senior season. The potential is there, but will they?

Phil Collins (EB) will likely be replaced by Gillis who by all accounts will do very well in that position. Although many think Easter will fill that utility man spot as a point-forward.
Maybe a stretch, but your returning team sets up pretty well for the way Painter likes to play, and the continuity of bringing almost everyone back is a huge asset that is too often dismissed. We’ll see. At least you were willing and able to offer an opinion, rather than just unhinged criticism without content.

So, you’re following me around and initiating responses to each of my posts because you don’t find them knowledgable? You’re now admitting that you’re trying to get dumber? Lol. We both know just the opposite is true, but you go, girl! Your insecurities are showing. Love busting frauds like you up.

Lol

For me it wouldn’t be ‘probably’,that kid is the most annoying kid to ever wear a PUke uniform and that’s saying a lot.

Question: how far back do you go? That's actually a fun list to contemplate. My top 5 most annoying: 1. Chris Kramer 2) Haarms, 3) Steve Scheffler, 4) Kip Jones, 5) Brian Cardinal. HM Lewis Jackson, JBC.

Question: how far back do you go? That's actually a fun list to contemplate. My top 5 most annoying: 1. Chris Kramer 2) Haarms, 3) Steve Scheffler, 4) Kip Jones, 5) Brian Cardinal. HM Lewis Jackson, JBC.

Chad Austin for me

Your posts don't deserve any kind of acknowledgement or well thought out response other than the occasional shrug of the shoulders. You aren't taken seriously by anyone on here.
You’re one of the least knowledgable posters on a board full of them, and you got busted trolling today. You’re a complete joke here.

Your posts don't deserve any kind of acknowledgement or well thought out response other than the occasional shrug of the shoulders. You aren't taken seriously by anyone on here.

Stop constantly quoting Ordfan man. Quit engaging him and derailing threads. He doesn't want to do anything but argue and you keep falling for it.

Reactions: brebelle3

Be the bigger man and let him have the last word. It won't stop until he does.

Stop constantly quoting Ordfan man. Quit engaging him and derailing threads. He doesn't want to do anything but argue and you keep falling for it.

Yep. I think I have 3-4 people ignored, and I know he and Runninritchie are 2 of them. The board immediately became more readable. If you want to view a discussion they are involved in, you can click the show ignored content button, so it's really the best of both worlds. Although I can't think of 1 time where I clicked it, that what was displayed was worthwhile.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Be the bigger man and let him have the last word. It won't stop until he does.
The last word on what? He started chasing me around because I said it was likely Purdue would be top 3 in the Big 10 next year. He’s upset with my opinion, and he used that as an excuse to troll. That’s it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT