ADVERTISEMENT

Haarms transferring

He’s the villain that every opposing team hates. I can’t stand the guy, but if we had an open spot on the roster I would pick him up for 1 year. He hustles and does all the dirty work that other players don’t do. Respectfully, I think he could help on the defensive end. Holy shit, can you imagine playing Purdue with him on our team.

Indiana’s defensive efficiency is ranked 94th in the country. Right behind Fairfield, Eastern Michigan, Jackson State, and Hartford.
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/defensive-efficiency

Scoring defense... #102
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1

Last edited:
Well maybe you should try that, your wife tells me you are way too loud while watching.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Radio Zero
And somehow he ran away from PU faster than he ran down the court right there. It says a lot about the PU program...
No it doesn't. A previous poster said that IU hasn't beaten Purdue under Miller yet. Does that say a lot about the IU program? Almost all schools have transfers. A lot of posters here have speculated who would leave IU this offseason. How many left under Crean? It does happen. This one was a kick in the ass but like all schools they move on. Be safe.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I'm guessing that's he was referring too. And in that case he couldn't be more wrong. Fitzner was contacted by 6 schools and didn't have anywhere near the litany of interest that Haarms has drawn in less than 24 hours.

" Fitzner, who started with a list of six schools – Boise State, Tulane, UC-Santa Barbara, Rutgers, Utah and Indiana – canceled a scheduled trip to Piscataway before committing to Indiana."

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/05/03/st-marys-graduate-transfer-evan-fitnzer-commits-to-indiana/

Very Fpeaugh-like statement from Birnk there.

I'm sure he thought the name was Fitzgerald. He makes dumb ass mistakes all the time, then tries to cover for them. He thought that TJD's dad was Antonio Davis a couple of weeks ago. o_O

Uh, a little more than one recruiting site. Try asking him or anyone from St. Mary’s. Lol

I didn't use a recruiting site. I linked an IU site that has quotes from both himself and his father.

Don't you think if Fitzner received a litany of interest from some big time programs that you claim, an IU fan site would have been sure to cite those schools to make it sound as if his commitment was much more polarized?

Committing to IU over the likes of Kentucky, Arizona, Gonzaga, and Louisville makes him a much more coveted prospect as opposed to committing to IU over the likes of Boise St, Tulane, Rutgers, and UC Santa-Barbara?

He didn't receive any attention from any of the said big programs you claim and your failure to produce such evidence and continuance to beat around the bush only furthers the fact that you once again have no clue as to what you're talking about. Typical, but expected.

He might not know Fitzner and maybe hasn’t paid his dues to St. Mary’s. What’s a guy to do? Take me, for example. Most famous person I’ve ever spoken to was John Updike, and he just made a comment about my necktie.
What did JU say?

I didn't use a recruiting site. I linked an IU site that has quotes from both himself and his father.

Don't you think if Fitzner received a litany of interest from some big time programs that you claim, an IU fan site would have been sure to cite those schools to make it sound as if his commitment was much more polarized?

Committing to IU over the likes of Kentucky, Arizona, Gonzaga, and Louisville makes him a much more coveted prospect as opposed to committing to IU over the likes of Boise St, Tulane, Rutgers, and UC Santa-Barbara?

He didn't receive any attention from any of the said big programs you claim and your failure to produce such evidence and continuance to beat around the bush only furthers the fact that you once again have no clue as to what you're talking about. Typical, but expected.
“Much more polarized?” You don’t even understand what you’re saying. You are totally clueless, again. Polarized? Lol And this is a recruiting site, sport. That you don’t understand that says even more about your ignorance. Polarized? Stop using words beyond your intellect. Please.

“Much more polarized?” You don’t even understand what you’re saying. You are totally clueless, again. Polarized? Lol And this is a recruiting site, sport. That you don’t understand that says even more about your ignorance. Polarized? Stop using words beyond your intellect. Please.

What's your question?

He was in a suit and tie, I had on no coat: “You’re the only person who wore a tie. We’re men of distinction.” Then he autographed my copy of “Toward the End of Time.” I walked outside for a cigarette; should’ve asked him to join me. 4/4/98.
Where did you happen to encounter him?

No it doesn't. A previous poster said that IU hasn't beaten Purdue under Miller yet. Does that say a lot about the IU program? Almost all schools have transfers. A lot of posters here have speculated who would leave IU this offseason. How many left under Crean? It does happen. This one was a kick in the ass but like all schools they move on. Be safe.

Lol. Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself of something.

Did any of your English teachers encounter resistance when they attempted to renew their licenses? As for recruiting, you’re relying on Rivals and 24/7 exclusively. Congratulations!

When did InsideTheHall become Rivals or 247?

Lol. Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself of something.
Look. The guy wanted more playing time. He's behind Williams. I'm sorry to see him go. I wish him the best in the future. But there are a lot of transfers going on. The state of college ball.

Uh, yeah. Lol. You aren’t really a coach, are you?

It's fan website, not a recruiting service. You aren't really serious are you? Rivals or 247 isn't mentioned once in the article I linked. Why would an Indiana fan website fail to mention all these supposed big name programs coveting Fitzner to boost his recruiting profile, a player whose name you didn't even know?

Again, please link and/or cite all these supposed big name programs who showed interest in Fitzner?

It's fan website, not a recruiting service. You aren't really serious are you? Rivals or 247 isn't mentioned once in the article I linked. Why would an Indiana fan website fail to mention all these supposed big name programs coveting Fitzner to boost his recruiting profile, a player whose name you didn't even know?

Again, please link and/or cite all these supposed big name programs who showed interest in Fitzner?
Exactly. It’s a fan website that has zero expertise in regard to recruiting. And that’s your stated source? Lol

Haarms was likely driven away by the addition of freshman Zach Edey, a 7'3", 290-pound center who likely would have eaten away at Haarms' minutes.

If I had to guess, I'd say Haarms is likely to end up at a mid-major in desperate need of a rim protector. He could also use an opportunity like that to posture himself for the Euroleague and get back across the pond where he's originally from (Amsterdam, Netherlands).

Exactly. It’s a fan website that has zero expertise in regard to recruiting. And that’s your stated source? Lol

Lol. The article listed the schools that Fitzner said was recruiting him. It was straight from the horses mouth.

You're an idiot man

Lol. The article listed the schools that Fitzner said was recruiting him. It was straight from the horses mouth.

You're an idiot man
You don’t honestly think Haarms has an offer from each of those schools mentioned, do you? Are you as ignorant as you seem? Do you really know that little about this? Just another recent IU fan who lowers the bar.

You don’t honestly think Haarms has an offer from each of those schools mentioned, do you? Are you as ignorant as you seem? Do you really know that little about this? Just another recent IU fan who lowers the bar.

LOL. Where did I ever say anything about offers in regards to Matt Haarms? My direct quote (below) was about Haarms receiving a ton of offers in less than 24 hours after you downplayed his ability.

I'm guessing that's he was referring too. And in that case he couldn't be more wrong. Fitzner was contacted by 6 schools and didn't have anywhere near the litany of interest that Haarms has drawn in less than 24 hours.

" Fitzner, who started with a list of six schools – Boise State, Tulane, UC-Santa Barbara, Rutgers, Utah and Indiana – canceled a scheduled trip to Piscataway before committing to Indiana."

You keep clamoring that "Fitzgerald" (actually Fitzner) received a ton of interest from major programs, yet you haven't been able to cite or link a single source. We all know why, because you're simply talking out of your ass. As I said earlier, typical and expected.

LOL. Where did I ever say anything about offers in regards to Matt Haarms? My direct quote (below) was about Haarms receiving a ton of offers in less than 24 hours after you downplayed his ability.

You keep clamoring that "Fitzgerald" (actually Fitzner) received a ton of interest from major programs, yet you haven't been able to cite or link a single source. We all know why, because you're simply talking out of your ass. As I said earlier, typical and expected.
You just said Haarms received “a ton of offers”, right after you denied saying it. You can’t keep your own bs straight. Try following recruiting and hoops if you don’t wish to keep looking like a fool. You know nothing. Just another newbie IU fan who’s never seen the program as elite. It explains everything about your knowledge gap.

Says the guy who gets all his recruiting news from a fan site. You keep digging your hole of ignorance. You look like an idiot.

You just said Haarms received “a ton of offers”, right after you denied saying it. You can’t keep your own bs straight. Try following recruiting and hoops if you don’t wish to keep looking like a fool.

This should be good. Can you link or cite where I said anything about Haarms receiving a "ton of offers". My direct quotes about Haarms future

There's a reason why schools like Arizona, Kentucky, Gonzaga, and Louisville have all reached out.

In what posts do I remotely suggest anything about offers?

You know nothing. Just another newbie IU fan who’s never seen the program as elite. It explains everything about your knowledge gap.

Get a new schtick. It's tiring.

This should be good. Can you link or cite where I said anything about Haarms receiving a "ton of offers". My direct quotes about Haarms future

In what posts do I remotely suggest anything about offers?

Get a new schtick. It's tiring.
Go up a few posts. You claimed he was Purdue’s best player, too. You’re just another recent IU fan who knows nothing about IU basketball and has never seen the program at an elite level. It’s why you look so stupid here.

Go up a few posts. You claimed he was Purdue’s best player, too. You’re just another recent IU fan who knows nothing about IU basketball and has never seen the program at an elite level. It’s why you look so stupid here.

You literally just made a post claiming I said he's received a "ton of offers". No? I'm reading the posts above it, where is that claim? Should be easy for you to cite?

And I said he was Purdue's best player last year prior to his injuries which again has been factually and statistically confirmed by more than one poster on here. There's a difference. Despite his injuries that derailed the second half of his season, he was still set to be one of top 2 or 3 returning for Pudue which again is statistically and analytically proven.

I haven't seen someone try and backpedal this hard since Jerry Rice lit up the Atlanta secondary for 5 TDs in the early 90s. Time to turn your hips and run son.

Lol. Haarms was better than Williams in every facet of the game up until Haarms got hurt to the point it's not debatable. Why did Haarms start and Williams come off the bench? Why did Haarms average more points, shoot a better % from the field, play better defense, and more importantly get more minutes than Williams up until his injury?
Haarms brought great energy and could block shots. He was not a good rebounder for his size, nor a great passer.

Haarms brought great energy and could block shots. He was not a good rebounder for his size, nor a great passer.

Not disagreeing there, but Haarms like every player has their faults and deficiencies. He was a much better overall defender than Williams as Tre struggles defending the ball screen and perimeter due to his lack of mobility not to mention he was nowhere near the rim protector that Haarms had become. Prior to his hip injury he suffered against Michigan, Haarms was by FAR and away the most productive two way player on Purdue and there really wasn't a close second.

You literally just made a post claiming I said he's received a "ton of offers". No? I'm reading the posts above it, where is that claim? Should be easy for you to cite?

And I said he was Purdue's best player last year prior to his injuries which again has been factually and statistically confirmed by more than one poster on here. There's a difference. Despite his injuries that derailed the second half of his season, he was still set to be one of top 2 or 3 returning for Pudue which again is statistically and analytically proven.

I haven't seen someone try and backpedal this hard since Jerry Rice lit up the Atlanta secondary for 5 TDs in the early 90s. Time to turn your hips and run son.
You’re dumber than dirt: “My direct quote (below) was about Haarms receiving a ton of offers in less than 24 hours after you downplayed his ability.“ You’re just another newbie fan who has never seen IU as an elite program, so you know nothing about hoops. Haarms couldn’t get back on the floor - that’s why he’s leaving. Since you obviously never played the game, this is foreign to you. Stop posting of you can’t be better than your efforts so far. “Coach”? Lol

Look. The guy wanted more playing time. He's behind Williams. I'm sorry to see him go. I wish him the best in the future. But there are a lot of transfers going on. The state of college ball.

Understandable but really, had PU fans stuck by his side consistently and offered unwavering support, he might've stayed. That isn't me saying that, it came from Haarms himself.

Per Indystar.....

Haarms did post a message on his Instagram account Tuesday, writing “I will forever have nothing but love for the school and the program, but I believe this is the best decision for my personal journey. I want to thank my teammates and coaches for making this time truly special. To the fans, thank you for your wavering support every single year and I hope that you can respect my decision.”

VBG no edits done....well, besides making it bold.

Understandable but really, had PU fans stuck by his side consistently and offered unwavering support, he might've stayed. That isn't me saying that, it came from Haarms himself.

Per Indystar.....

Haarms did post a message on his Instagram account Tuesday, writing “I will forever have nothing but love for the school and the program, but I believe this is the best decision for my personal journey. I want to thank my teammates and coaches for making this time truly special. To the fans, thank you for your wavering support every single year and I hope that you can respect my decision.”

VBG no edits done....well, besides making it bold.

Wouldn't you assume that quote should have been "unwavering"?

I know it is funnier the other way but hard for me to believe that is the word he wanted to use.

Final 10 for Purdue transfer Matt Haarms:
Arizona Arkansas Boston College BYU Gonzaga Kentucky Memphis Minnesota Texas Tech UNC Greensboro

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT