ADVERTISEMENT

Haarms transferring

You have a weird definition for “nowhere near making the tournament.” They were on the bubble going into the game against Rutgers. Even after that loss, they weren’t far from making the tournament lol. Weird take on your part.

And completely off the bubble after it. They were 16-15 and would have had to have won the BTT just to get in. They weren’t going to be considered for an at-large after losing that game and going 16-16 with a loss to Ohio State would have put their NIT chances in jeopardy. As I said, Purdue was nowhere near making the tournament given their end of season record.

He was absolutely they’re best player pre-injuries. He scored in double figures in 11 out of the first 15 games and was their best interior player. Tre Williams break out game happened against Michigan, a game Haarms didn’t play in because of injury. He never fully recovered from injury and his minutes decreased. Per usual, you don’t know what you’re talking about.
So, what you claimed you didn’t say, you really said. It was laughable, even if you can’t read what you wrote. Again, it was laughable. No one who knows basketball believes he was their best player. Ever.

So, what you claimed you didn’t say, you really said. It was laughable, even if you can’t read what you wrote. Again, it was laughable. No one who knows basketball believes he was their best player. Ever.

His own fans claimed he was their POY prior to his injury. He averaged 3 more points and 5 more minutes a game over Williams up until he hurt his hip early in the Michigan game. He was never the same after.

Despite all that he was still one Purdue’s top returning players, the others being Williams and Hunter. I’m done arguing with a lunatic such as yourself. It’s simply impossible arguing with somebody who doesn’t have the slightest clue as to what they’re talking about and has to rehash multiple usernames over and over. End game now.

His decline in playing time seemed to coincide with Williams’ assent as a legit Big 10 low post player. Worrisome that Painter seems to be putting together another pretty decent team, and Haarms probably saw his prospects for playing time trending down next season.
Bingo, Williams was living in his head rent free. He probably didn't want to stand up and compete so he quit. I was impressed with Williams at times this past season.

You have a weird definition for “nowhere near making the tournament.” They were on the bubble going into the game against Rutgers. Even after that loss, they weren’t far from making the tournament lol. Weird take on your part.
purdue needed to win the BTT to get in the NCAA. The loss to Rutgers and a loss in the BTT would have given them 16 losses. An at large team with 16 losses is not making the tournament. 15 losses was probably too many to be honest.

His own fans claimed he was their POY prior to his injury. He averaged 3 more points and 5 more minutes a game over Williams up until he hurt his hip early in the Michigan game. He was never the same after.

Despite all that he was still one Purdue’s top returning players, the others being Williams and Hunter. I’m done arguing with a lunatic such as yourself. It’s simply impossible arguing with somebody who doesn’t have the slightest clue as to what they’re talking about and has to rehash multiple usernames over and over. End game now.
You’re clueless, both about basketball as well as what you said. His own fans didn’t say that, either, so please stop making more stuff up. You’re laughable.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Haarms is leaving and Damezi is still with IU? Strange off season.
Odd indeed. I’d love to have him but obviously he won’t come to IU. Purdue seemed like a great fit for him.

Edey is a three star prospect. PU beat out Baylor and Santa Clara to get him.

The insinuation being...the kid ain’t that good because of who recruited him?

Purdue came within a hair’s breadth of the FF last year and haven’t yet lost to an Archie Miller coached Indiana team. Baylor ended this season as the #5 ranked team in the country. We, on the other hand, haven’t so much as found the brackets in 5 seasons.

So let’s cool it with the condescension.

Haarms also suffered multiple concussions last year and hurt his hip but he was by far Purdue's best player to start the year. Williams is progressing no doubt but he has limitations due to his size and playing anything more than 25 mpg is going to be a stretch. Purdue has ZERO interior depth behind Williams (Emmanuel Dowuona will be in his third year in the program and has only played 30 minutes and Edey is/was a redshirt candidate), not to mention they are extremely weak at the 4 position. Wheeler was a train wreck last year and Mason Gillis hasn't played in a game in over 2 years. This is a notable loss for Purdue any way you try and slice it.
As a Purdue fan (I come in peace), I have to say that this blindsided everyone in Black and Gold. Every previous indication was that he's been loving his college experience and everything about Purdue. Fans are currently busting each other's chops to understand and speculate as to "why".

He had a rough year in many ways, but he was destined to be a '6th Man of the Year' type of player in the B1G assuming he stayed healthy. With very solid guard additions next season, I thought Haarms stood to benefit a lot in '20-'21 even behind Williams. He thought otherwise. My point is that his transferring is indeed a very big loss for Purdue next season. Obviously, he wasn't popular among the B1G fans around the league, but no one can argue that he wasn't a solid all-around player.

He's a great kid, and he will be sorely missed by Purdue fans. Purdue is extremely inexperienced at the 5 backup, and may be kinda late to land a quality grad transfer.

My last comment: I think IU got a steal in picking up Geronimo. Kid looks to have a very high ceiling.
Thanks for the info. Is it confirmed he graduated, or will soon? If so, the reason could be as simple as earning an additional degree. If not, my speculation is simple. He wants to start.

Thanks for the info. Is it confirmed he graduated, or will soon? If so, the reason could be as simple as earning an additional degree. If not, my speculation is simple. He wants to start.

He has to grad transfer or else he's out of eligibility. Haarms redshirted during the 16-17 season after enrolling mid-year.

You’re clueless, both about basketball as well as what you said. His own fans didn’t say that, either, so please stop making more stuff up. You’re laughable.

who do you think was the best player before he got injured? I would for sure say he was the best player. Most impactful and brought the energy for there team. Eastern? He sucks. Baldy? Nope. Proctor? No way. Sasha slowasballsavich? I think not.

who do you think was the best player before he got injured? I would for sure say he was the best player. Most impactful and brought the energy for there team. Eastern? He sucks. Baldy? Nope. Proctor? No way. Sasha slowasballsavich? I think not.
Williams. And for a team of marginal players, they were quite a bit better than we were. And it’s “their”, not “there”.

Williams. And for a team of marginal players, they were quite a bit better than we were.

Lol. Haarms was better than Williams in every facet of the game up until Haarms got hurt to the point it's not debatable. Why did Haarms start and Williams come off the bench? Why did Haarms average more points, shoot a better % from the field, play better defense, and more importantly get more minutes than Williams up until his injury?

Williams. And for a team of marginal players, they were quite a bit better than we were. And it’s “their”, not “there”.

So you are worried about my use of their and there. I just looked at the stats to make sure, but you’re an idiot if you think Haarms wasn’t night and day better before injury. It’s not even worth arguing because the fruit cake was night and day better. To argue Williams was better before Nebraska is just reetarded. Name one thing he did better when he was they’re. ;)

Lol. Haarms was better than Williams in every facet of the game up until Haarms got hurt to the point it's not debatable. Why did Haarms start and Williams come off the bench? Why did Haarms average more points, shoot a better % from the field, play better defense, and more importantly get more minutes than Williams up until his injury?

you forgot led the country in blocks up to that point and more rebounds. Williams had 5 blocks after Nebraska when haarms got hurt. Haarms had 7 his first game. I remember thinking oh shit the Fruit cake is gonna be a killer this year.

oh this is fun, I love when people just make retarded statements talking out “they’re” ass :) . While having played way less minutes Williams still managed to turn it over 3 more times during that stretch. I don’t think he literally did one thing better than Haarms pre injury. Man this statement might be the dumbest thing you have ever said. That’s saying something, congrats!

Maybe find some grammatical errors to make yourself not feel like a moron in the basketball sense?

More than 20 schools reach out to Purdue transfer Matt Haarms

Gonzaga, Louisville, Kentucky, Arizona, Arizona State, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Illinois State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Syracuse, DePaul, South Carolina, Boston College, Seton Hall, Wichita State, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Washington State, Utah, Oregon State, San Jose State, and Cal State Fullerton.

https://247sports.com/college/baske...att-Haarms-schools-Purdue-Transfer-145770680/

you forgot led the country in blocks up to that point and more rebounds. Williams had 5 blocks after Nebraska when haarms got hurt. Haarms had 7 his first game. I remember thinking oh shit the Fruit cake is gonna be a killer this year.

True points. He was easily their MVP up until his hip injury. He missed the Ohio game immediately after the Nebraska game and was limited in the Central Michigan game as his play wasn't needed as they won by 40 or else he would have even put up even bigger numbers. Everything went downhill after his hip flexor injury he suffered early in the Michigan game (the game Williams went off).

Credit to Williams for stepping up as he was Purdue's best player down the stretch, but for anyone to suggest Matt Haarms wasn't one of the most productive players returning, especially given the fact he was injured the second half of the season needs their head examined. There's a reason why schools like Arizona, Kentucky, Gonzaga, and Louisville have all reached out.

Reactions: IULouie and kkott
More than 20 schools reach out to Purdue transfer Matt Haarms

Gonzaga, Louisville, Kentucky, Arizona, Arizona State, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Illinois State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Syracuse, DePaul, South Carolina, Boston College, Seton Hall, Wichita State, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Washington State, Utah, Oregon State, San Jose State, and Cal State Fullerton.

https://247sports.com/college/baske...att-Haarms-schools-Purdue-Transfer-145770680/

Be interesting to see which direction he goes: to a possible contender, definite starting role, big fish/small pond, or ...?

Why were they much more effective with Williams? There’s a reason why, when completely healthy, Haarms had trouble getting back on the floor.

True points. He was easily their MVP up until his hip injury. He missed the Ohio game immediately after the Nebraska game and was limited in the Central Michigan game as his play wasn't needed as they won by 40 or else he would have even put up even bigger numbers. Everything went downhill after his hip flexor injury he suffered early in the Michigan game (the game Williams went off).

Credit to Williams for stepping up as he was Purdue's best player down the stretch, but for anyone to suggest Matt Haarms wasn't one of the most productive players returning, especially given the fact he was injured the second half of the season needs their head examined. There's a reason why schools like Arizona, Kentucky, Gonzaga, and Louisville have all reached out.
Lots of schools reached out for Fitzgerald, too. Grad transfers are low risk bets, which is why they receive inordinate attention.

Why were they much more effective with Williams? There’s a reason why, when completely healthy, Haarms had trouble getting back on the floor.

Haarms was never completely healthy so that narrative goes out the window. And I struggle to see where Purdue was much more effective with Williams over Haarms. They were inconsistent all year.

True points. He was easily their MVP up until his hip injury.

I think one could make an argument that he was their best player in the early part of the season. But "easily"? He was up and down. In their first 10 games, he failed to reach double-digits 4 times. He was averaging about 6 rpg -- which is OK, but maybe not what you'd like to see from a 7-3 guy.

So I wouldn't say that he was "easily" their best player at that point. The Boilers were a team very much trying to establish their identity.

Evan Fitzner?

I'm guessing that's he was referring too. And in that case he couldn't be more wrong. Fitzner was contacted by 6 schools and didn't have anywhere near the litany of interest that Haarms has drawn in less than 24 hours.

" Fitzner, who started with a list of six schools – Boise State, Tulane, UC-Santa Barbara, Rutgers, Utah and Indiana – canceled a scheduled trip to Piscataway before committing to Indiana."

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/05/03/st-marys-graduate-transfer-evan-fitnzer-commits-to-indiana/

Very Fpeaugh-like statement from Birnk there.

Haarms was never completely healthy so that narrative goes out the window. And I struggle to see where Purdue was much more effective with Williams over Haarms. They were inconsistent all year.
Haarms was healthy, so that narrative simply isn’t accurate. Williams was far more effective on the low block than Haarms, who was never comfortable in the post. Purdue badly needed a low post presence to take pressure off the perimeter, where they were particularly strong, and Williams gave that to them in exponentially greater amounts than Haarms. MH tended to drift offensively, and his lack of movement could be a hinderance defensively. On occasion, his height and wingspan allowed him the ability to compensate for poor positioning, but he too often relied on those attributes and ignored principles Painter tried to get him to adhere to (you could see Painter’s clear frustration when Haarms would lose awareness on the floor, and it hurt his playing time considerably).

I'm guessing that's he was referring too. And in that case he couldn't be more wrong. Fitzner was contacted by 6 schools and didn't have anywhere near the litany of interest that Haarms has drawn in less than 24 hours.

" Fitzner, who started with a list of six schools – Boise State, Tulane, UC-Santa Barbara, Rutgers, Utah and Indiana – canceled a scheduled trip to Piscataway before committing to Indiana."

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/05/03/st-marys-graduate-transfer-evan-fitnzer-commits-to-indiana/

Very Fpeaugh-like statement from Birnk there.
Fitzner was contacted by far more schools than that. Starting to see why you post some of the garbage you do. Lol. You’re just another non IU guy trying to talk about IU.

Who is Fitzgerald and did the magnitude of schools that are reaching out to Haarms reach out to Fitzgerald?
Fitzner . . . spell check got that one. Strange that you believed those were the only schools that contacted EF. Well, not really that strange, given your posts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT