ADVERTISEMENT

Guv sounds like a politician today.

Actuarially??? I don't care about those other bastards, I'm talking about me.

Mark, I have solved the problem of people who have health conditions returning to work during a pandemic. Let's give billionaires tax cuts.

I am somewhat more budget conscious than most on here on either side, so I admit that $600 cannot stick around forever. But for those who cannot return to their current jobs because they cannot receive adequate accommodations, I would suggest two options. 1) Standard UI with workforce development specifically helping people find safe jobs 2) a modern CCC program (contact tracing). Many of those jobs will be phone jobs.

And of course tax cuts for billionaires since it solves every problem.

Unreal the comments here. The governor needs to open. My daughter works in grocery has not worn a mask and she has been fine and none of her workmates have been sick either and we live in a so called "heavily infected area". Absolute Horseshit! STOP WATCHING MSM! Make sure you follow those lines in the store, make sure you wear a mask, make sure you stay 6 feet away. Listen to those government lead store messages every 2 minutes out of the 70's B Horror Movie! This entire thread sounds like a MOOOOOO BAAAAAAA cattle and sheep show! Dolts will be dolts! WAKE UP you idiots!

Unreal the comments here. The governor needs to open. My daughter works in grocery has not worn a mask and she has been fine and none of her workmates have been sick either and we live in a so called "heavily infected area". Absolute Horseshit! STOP WATCHING MSM! Make sure you follow those lines in the store, make sure you wear a mask, make sure you stay 6 feet away. Listen to those government lead store messages every 2 minutes out of the 70's B Horror Movie! This entire thread sounds like a MOOOOOO BAAAAAAA cattle and sheep show! Dolts will be dolts! WAKE UP you idiots!

When I was young, I mixed ammonia and bleach and nothing bad happened. WAKE UP. I also have ridden in the back of a pickup truck, standing up. WAKE UP. EVERYTHING IS SAFE IF ONE PERSON DOES IT.

Overall health care usage has fallen through the floor.... Health insurers are more than fine. Most doctors/ nurses have no business. They probably should be cutting/ refunding premiums.

I suspect that corporate health is going to demand doctors get back on schedule. In other words, picking on joint replacement surgeons, I suspect they will be told they have used their time off for the year and they need to add a surgery a week. So right now, insurance may have offset 14 day ICU stays with fewer electives. I am not as sure that will hold.

I'm thinking you and Lucy would make a cute couple.

When I was young, I mixed ammonia and bleach and nothing bad happened. WAKE UP. I also have ridden in the back of a pickup truck, standing up. WAKE UP. EVERYTHING IS SAFE IF ONE PERSON DOES IT.
That makes absolutely no sense as does most the rest of your drivel. Lets close the country because of a less than 2 percent death rate! AND if you do real math less than 1 percent. That makes sense!

That makes absolutely no sense as does most the rest of your drivel. Lets close the country because of a less than 2 percent death rate! AND if you do real math less than 1 percent. That makes sense!

There are 328 million Americans, what is 1% of 328 million? I know, you were promised no math but this one is easy. Let us say 1% is high, what is .5% of 328 million.

I am not saying keep the country closed, I just said the plan sounded ambitious. So clearly you have not really read the thread. I have concerns about the people that are well above that 1% risk. It is a pity you do not gives damn about them.

It seems a little early, I do not think we meet Trump's guidelines. Guidelines I backed from the beginning.

If you were a diabetic with COPD, would you go to work as a cashier? I am just saying we need to consider people like that. I am not basing all of my opinions on one person I know, as you suggested you are doing.

There are 328 million Americans, what is 1% of 328 million? I know, you were promised no math but this one is easy. Let us say 1% is high, what is .5% of 328 million.

I am not saying keep the country closed, I just said the plan sounded ambitious. So clearly you have not really read the thread. I have concerns about the people that are well above that 1% risk. It is a pity you do not gives damn about them.

It seems a little early, I do not think we meet Trump's guidelines. Guidelines I backed from the beginning.

If you were a diabetic with COPD, would you go to work as a cashier? I am just saying we need to consider people like that. I am not basing all of my opinions on one person I know, as you suggested you are doing.
Such drivel. NEEDS MORE CAPS!!!

Leave it up to the people! DONT put government restrictions on things! Use common sense. If your sick stay home until your better. If your at risk have a neighbor help you out OR if you feel the need wear a mask BUT the government does not need to control these things. The government does not need to be placing these freakin restrictions on everything. AGAIN, Let people use common sense! Shutting down was not the answer and this will take years to dig out of. Now its a mess!

Leave it up to the people! DONT put government restrictions on things! Use common sense. If your sick stay home until your better. If your at risk have a neighbor help you out OR if you feel the need wear a mask BUT the government does not need to control these things. The government does not need to be placing these freakin restrictions on everything. AGAIN, Let people use common sense! Shutting down was not the answer and this will take years to dig out of. Now its a mess!

I am sorry that 1% of 328 million was too hard.

You might look,we shut down in 1918-19. I guess Americans back then were just tougher than we are today.

Reactions: Bill4411
So much for "All Lives Matter" and "Pro-Life". I guess those sayings only apply when it fits an agenda?

It's also about not overloading the hospitals so that people with other health issues can be taken care of, and not be left to suffer or die.

Thank God we have a Governor and Health Dept that is taking this seriously, unlike some of the whack governors in other states.

I'm sorry you can't get a haircut or go to your favorite restaurant - you'll be able to starting on Monday. We are all going through this. We've all had to make sacrifices that affect us financially and emotionally. It's not perfect or ideal but Indiana's been successful so far in not overloading the hospitals.

I'm sorry that saving people's lives and preventing death is so offensive to you.

Such drivel. NEEDS MORE CAPS!!!

Not sure if Indiana is looking at this, but Gov Abbott in TX says that if you meet certain requirements (medical, age, covid positive, etc...) you can stay on unemployment for some time (not sure what the time limit is). Hopefully, this will become more standard state to state. Mark, you'd qualify for continued unemployment in TX....my head just exploded, Texas leading the way for worker health.

Not sure if Indiana is looking at this, but Gov Abbott in TX says that if you meet certain requirements (medical, age, covid positive, etc...) you can stay on unemployment for some time (not sure what the time limit is). Hopefully, this will become more standard state to state. Mark, you'd qualify for continued unemployment in TX....my head just exploded, Texas leading the way for worker health.

The new guidance adds additional valid reasons according to the TWC:

- One reason is that if the person is at high risk, that means any person 65 years or older.

- Also if a household member is considered at high risk.

- If the individual filing has tested positive by a source authorized by the state of Texas and has not recovered.

- Another valid reason is if anybody in the household has tested positive by a source authorized by the state of Texas and is not recovered and 14 days have not yet passed.

- Also if the individual filing for unemployment is currently in 14 day quarantine due to close contact to COVID-19.

- And lastly, child care: if child's school or daycare is closed and no alternatives are available.

According to the state, each unemployment insurance claim is being evaluated on an individual basis.

Any other situation will be subject to a case-by-case review from the Texas Workforce Commission.

Not sure if Indiana is looking at this, but Gov Abbott in TX says that if you meet certain requirements (medical, age, covid positive, etc...) you can stay on unemployment for some time (not sure what the time limit is).

I read about that yesterday. I thought that all he'd done was waive the "searching for work" requirement. BICBW.

Every time I file a weekly claim in IN, I have to tell them I did look for work and I was available for work and I haven't turned down any work. However, going in to this it was stated somewhere (not going to take the time to confirm) that the "looking for" requirement had been waived in Indiana.

My initial claim was for reduced hours and then later for full furlough due to Covid. If my employer opens back up and I'm expected to be there on Monday, then I don't know that I've got any other option than to quit. I could probably continue getting the enhanced UI benefit through July, and the regular UI (approx half salary) until next year. I'm eligible for full SS in October, and was going to retire from my current position at the end of the year anyway.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I read about that yesterday. I thought that all he'd done was waive the "searching for work" requirement. BICBW.

Every time I file a weekly claim in IN, I have to tell them I did look for work and I was available for work and I haven't turned down any work. However, going in to this it was stated somewhere (not going to take the time to confirm) that the "looking for" requirement had been waived in Indiana.

My initial claim was for reduced hours and then later for full furlough due to Covid. If my employer opens back up and I'm expected to be there on Monday, then I don't know that I've got any other option than to quit. I could probably continue getting the enhanced UI benefit through July, and the regular UI (approx half salary) until next year. I'm eligible for full SS in October, and was going to retire from my current position at the end of the year anyway.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Look, I don't know you, or your situation exactly (but you've been fairly open about approximate wage), but I'm a big numbers guy. It sounds like you could get close to your expected job earnings by going the UI/enhanced UI route. Plus you probably have lower costs not working so it's probably a wash, or maybe even more money on UI. Plus a much lower chance of getting Covid...so let me run my punchcards thru the mainframe...beep...boopp..bop.... Stay Home. If ANYONE thinks lesser of you, then f*ck em. You didn't work for 40-45 years so you could end your career with a deadly roll of the dice.

Reactions: MaxCoke
So much for "All Lives Matter" and "Pro-Life". I guess those sayings only apply when it fits an agenda?

It's also about not overloading the hospitals so that people with other health issues can be taken care of, and not be left to suffer or die.

Thank God we have a Governor and Health Dept that is taking this seriously, unlike some of the whack governors in other states.

I'm sorry you can't get a haircut or go to your favorite restaurant - you'll be able to starting on Monday. We are all going through this. We've all had to make sacrifices that affect us financially and emotionally. It's not perfect or ideal but Indiana's been successful so far in not overloading the hospitals.

I'm sorry that saving people's lives and preventing death is so offensive to you.
The hospitals are not even close to overloaded they were sending doctors and nurses home. Saving lives at what cost? My mom is 90. She stays at home (common sense) Again use common sense. Shutting down is stupid. There are states that stayed open why didn't death rates soar. This is way overblown. Saving lives wtf at what cost? Your born and you die its life. Time to move on and its not about convenience. Its about getting back to work. All my crews were sent home in the middle of March. Did they get stimulous checks? A couple but most are taking advances out of my pocket just to eat! They...We just wanna go back to work. And we work outside. This is nonsense

Reactions: Lucy01
Yes, but with no real effective treatment*, does it really matter. It appears one gets sick and what the end result is has little to do with human intervention. The hospital can make one more comfortable and that is about it.

*yes, the remdesivir may alter this, somewhat.

There are small gains being made. Doctors are rethinking the use of ventilators. Patients are being put on their stomachs. Pure oxygen is being viewed as a more effective treatment than intubation.

Testing laboratories are being built out. More and better tests are being developed although they certainly still have a lot of problems. Earlier symptoms are being identified which might make it possible to arrest the virus at an earlier state. Scientists are working hard on the problem but it’s impossible to know when or if a major breakthrough is on the horizon.

Retail stores are getting better organized to make shopping safer. Businesses that are closed are working on ways they can open safely.

If only we had a White House that was part of the solution as opposed to being part of the problem.

For better or for worse I think we might get a lot of information over the next few weeks from Georgia’s opening.

Nobody is happy that your business has been hurt. But why don’t you be candid about your argument. Your business is down. You’re losing your savings. And you don’t give a shit about anybody or anything else.

^^ failed science.

There are small gains being made. Doctors are rethinking the use of ventilators. Patients are being put on their stomachs. Pure oxygen is being viewed as a more effective treatment than intubation.

Testing laboratories are being built out. More and better tests are being developed although they certainly still have a lot of problems. Earlier symptoms are being identified which might make it possible to arrest the virus at an earlier state. Scientists are working hard on the problem but it’s impossible to know when or if a major breakthrough is on the horizon.

Retail stores are getting better organized to make shopping safer. Businesses that are closed are working on ways they can open safely.

If only we had a White House that was part of the solution as opposed to being part of the problem.

For better or for worse I think we might get a lot of information over the next few weeks from Georgia’s opening.

Things are improving, and I have not said Indiana's plan is wrong (which others seem to imply). It is ahead of the Trump plan, which I supported.

I think most employers will try to make their work safer. I think most customers will be mindful. The problem is there is the 3% that will say that social distancing sure does not apply to them and wearing a mask in public is pure Marxism. Given the nature of epidemics, that makes them an enemy of all those trying to do right. Why are there so many Americans who flat out refuse to do what is right?

Stores should require masks. Heck, governor's should but they ate too cowardly. But creating one way aisles is at least a start.

It will be interesting to watch the results of trying to keep patients upright or on their stomachs. There is great hope that reduces the death rate. As well as doing breathing exercises.

While I think Holcomb and others believe they will shut it all down if it gets out of hand again, I fear a second shutdown will be much harder than the first. The beer hall putsch crowd will be much better prepared to fight it. They were caught off guard the first time.

Things are improving, and I have not said Indiana's plan is wrong (which others seem to imply). It is ahead of the Trump plan, which I supported.

I think most employers will try to make their work safer. I think most customers will be mindful. The problem is there is the 3% that will say that social distancing sure does not apply to them and wearing a mask in public is pure Marxism. Given the nature of epidemics, that makes them an enemy of all those trying to do right. Why are there so many Americans who flat out refuse to do what is right?

Stores should require masks. Heck, governor's should but they ate too cowardly. But creating one way aisles is at least a start.

It will be interesting to watch the results of trying to keep patients upright or on their stomachs. There is great hope that reduces the death rate. As well as doing breathing exercises.

While I think Holcomb and others believe they will shut it all down if it gets out of hand again, I fear a second shutdown will be much harder than the first. The beer hall putsch crowd will be much better prepared to fight it. They were caught off guard the first time.
There won't be any going back unless the bodies pile up in the streets. Then it will be too late.

There won't be any going back unless the bodies pile up in the streets. Then it will be too late.

I think Holcomb is a good guy, I think his intent will be to prevent that. God only knows if the GOP will decide that bodies in the streets is a better choice.

The hospitals are not even close to overloaded they were sending doctors and nurses home. Saving lives at what cost? My mom is 90. She stays at home (common sense) Again use common sense. Shutting down is stupid. There are states that stayed open why didn't death rates soar. This is way overblown. Saving lives wtf at what cost? Your born and you die its life. Time to move on and its not about convenience. Its about getting back to work. All my crews were sent home in the middle of March. Did they get stimulous checks? A couple but most are taking advances out of my pocket just to eat! They...We just wanna go back to work. And we work outside. This is nonsense

i would have zero objection to opening everything back up for anyone 35 or under, if they were able to totally stay away from older people.

problem is, there is no way for them to, and even those who don't live or work with older persons, live next door or across the hall from them.

no, it's not fair the young are suffering with the old who gave them life, raised them for free, and paid for their K-12 education.

but sometimes life calls for sacrifices, of which today's young have never been asked to do in the slightest till now.

everything today's young have, they have due to those older than them and who passed before..

it's only been less than 2 months of being cooped up with the internet and cable tv.

not even in the same universe of sacrifices of generations before, so the probably vast minority of young who are whining, stop with the non stop whining.

no, it's not fair.

it's also not fair that the older have to deal with all the young have to deal with, and the morbidity factor as well.

everybody is going crazy in lockdown, including myself and all other older people.

but it's a sacrifice that needs made.

as for the economic side, that could have been addressed so nobody got ruined economically.

the Wall St owned govt didn't want it done that way, so get all over their asses on that and vote them all out of office, rather than doing their bidding for them by wanting to force things open, which is what Wall St wants, rather than forcing them to apply rent and mortgage and loan pauses retroactive to March 1, which are absolutely doable, and allowing us to get testing ramped up, and a grasp of who all has it, and more importantly who has already had it.

if the economy opening back up is dependent on universal testing being available, then the whole testing clusterfk would be cleared up immediately.

they won't clear it up without that gun to their head.

Last edited:
Apple Data Shows Shelter-In-Place Is Ending, Whether Governments Want It To Or Not

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnko...r-governments-want-it-to-or-not/#66b4459b6fb5

Bye-bye shelter-in-place. Hello re-opening.

Apple’s Mobility Trends report shows that traffic in the US and other countries like Germany has pretty much doubled in the past three weeks. It had been down up to 72%. And location data provider Foursquare says that gas and fast food visits are back to pre-COVID-19 levels in the American Midwest.​

Reactions: mike41703
What do we do with the people with legitimate, serious, health concerns? With no UBI, no UI, what options are there for them? It is not even winter, we cannot just set them outside the igloo.

Does anyone know the financial viability of insurance companies? Maybe Anthem at am have it in their contracts they can raise rates mid year. Otherwise, 6 more months of increasing hospitalizations would seem to present problems for them.
I have never, ever seen reason to worry about the financial viability of insurance companies." After the Affordable Care Act was passed, several of them misjudged the risk pools, lost money and then just got out of that business altogether. But I don't think they failed.

Even now, I see a lot of commercials in which car insurance companies are bragging about giving large premium refunds (like, around 25%) because their customers aren't driving as much. If they can afford to give the money back, they must not be in very bad financial condition.

When you were a kid, did you stand up on the front seat without a harness while Mom drove you to the local park or swimming pool? Man up America!! #carseatsareforsnowflakes

Reactions: UncleMark
Yes. Leave it up to the people and please let your friends use common sense.

armed-protesters-demonstrate-against-covid-19-lockdown-at-michigan-capitol.jpg

Reactions: largemouth
Apple Data Shows Shelter-In-Place Is Ending, Whether Governments Want It To Or Not

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnko...r-governments-want-it-to-or-not/#66b4459b6fb5

Bye-bye shelter-in-place. Hello re-opening.

Apple’s Mobility Trends report shows that traffic in the US and other countries like Germany has pretty much doubled in the past three weeks. It had been down up to 72%. And location data provider Foursquare says that gas and fast food visits are back to pre-COVID-19 levels in the American Midwest.​

I said when this started that people would make it about 6 weeks before they toss in the towel. I just don't think it's possible to expect that people are going to continue the extreme distancing.... tonight is the first evening where it feels like summer. Every neighbor around me had a few guests hanging outside together at some point today/ tonight.

Reactions: mike41703
Not sure if Indiana is looking at this, but Gov Abbott in TX says that if you meet certain requirements (medical, age, covid positive, etc...) you can stay on unemployment for some time (not sure what the time limit is).
I was wrong. Abbott's order allows those listed to refuse work. That's pretty extraordinary, especially for TX.

Whatevs maybe you like being the governments bitch. F*ck that! Enjoy that vaccine they are about to dump on you...

Did you hear that Bill Gates is putting micro-chips in every dose so he can ... I don't really know why but he is!

Did you hear that Bill Gates is putting micro-chips in every dose so he can ... I don't really know why but he is!
All I know is I'm not taking any damn corona vaccine unless its in a 12 ounce bottle :)

masks.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT